PDA

View Full Version : Walk Behind Info

GLS
11-30-2001, 11:30 PM
I was thinking of purchasing a new walk-behind mower. I don't want something real expensive, but I want a good mower. If you have any comments on the following mowers, please let me know...

-John Deere 14hp Kawasaki 48" Gear ($3499)
-Exmark Metro 15hp kawasaki 48" Gear
-Toro 14hp kawasaki 48" Gear
-Gravely Pro 150 14hp kawasaki ($1,809 +DECK)

Any other I should consider? Any suggestions would be appriciated. Thanks!

Also, can anyone tell me the price on the exmark and toro?

odin
11-30-2001, 11:36 PM
I dont know anything about the deere, toro and gravely. but i know the exmark, it is a good machine and cuts excellant

lawrence stone
11-30-2001, 11:43 PM
I would not buy any of those machines when good used 52" Toro belt drive be bought for between $700 and $1200.

Look around they are everywhere.

Scotlawncare
11-30-2001, 11:55 PM
If you can afford it spend the money and get a hydro.

Deere: to expensive for what you are getting. most of the money goes into the name.

Exmark: don't have one but from what I hear a awsome mower for mulching grass. Their customer service is one of the best in the business.

Toro: no opinion

Grav: no opinion.

Question: is this a first mower or a second. If it is a first you need a good 36" for res yards. 36" exmark and talk to Brad about a flex-deck option. can take it to 52" at least.

Used equipment is also good if it has been taken care of. But the key word here is HYDRO. you'll thank me later.

GLS
12-01-2001, 12:09 AM
This will be the first walk behind...I would like a hydro but don't have too much money, need to check out the prices on those first. I wouldn't mind used equipment, but I can never find anything.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-01-2001, 01:41 AM
Metro around $3,200

Best all around mower on the market, in my opinion.

Don't own one myself, but I have Turf Tracer 52"ers. and lazer.

Used equipment is not always a good idea.

65hoss
12-01-2001, 05:33 AM
I'm an old green fan, but not a new. They tend to be more expensive than other brands. I guess green paint cost more to put on.

I have eXmarks. The 36" metro is awesome. Cut is fantastic and the quality of the machine gets an A+. Also, for the money you can't beat it.

Toro, well, not me. The T-bar steering is liked by some, but not by me. Tried one and wasn't extremely happy with it. If I was to be looking at a toro, I would probably be looking for an older model.

Gravely seems to be making great strides to be competitive and put a machine out that the customers want. You might try to demo one.

Eng Mwr Guy
12-01-2001, 12:15 PM
I could give you example of LCO's testing the 48" deck from Gravely (Avail Feb) but I won't.

I agree with 65 .... demo one for yourself.

I also agree hydro is the best choice, then again, it is your money...easy for me to say.

You might like it.

Barry
Gravely Guy

lbmd1
12-01-2001, 05:19 PM
Ryan,
The price on the Toro 48" belt drive, fixed deck, with the T-bar steering near me is $2599 from my local dealer. There's a guy in Buffalo,NY selling the same model for $2350 in the crate, no assembly included. Some like the t bar, others don't. I personally think it can be operated by a child with little ease. So if you have a crew, the learning curve is a bit easier. Notice the reference between child and crew! Toro makes a good product, I'd put my money there.

Mike