PDA

View Full Version : Side Dump Trailer

04-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I have a thread in the Trailer forum from building, but here is the finished product:weightlifter:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/029.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/030.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/031.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/033.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/livelifedaily/035.jpg

02DURAMAX
04-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Looks Good.

04-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks, it all started with seeing Sweet Taturs trailer, and a Midsota side dump trailer, I just combined the ideas.

Oh yeah with the two 1ton winches, both snatched back to themselves, it has 8000lbs of dumping power:weightlifter::weightlifter:

DLAWNS
04-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Nice setup. Have you gotten to use it yet?

Turf Dawg
04-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Do you have to use a High-Lift or is there some other way to get to the dump bin? Looks nice congrats

PearceLawn
04-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Looks awesome!! Are you gonna put something inside the dump part to protect the wood from moisture? Like the roll on or spray on bedliner?

Great idea with the winches too!! Hope you make lots of cash with it!!

DoetschOutdoor
04-10-2008, 10:07 AM
That looks really good. Sure would come in handy alot. IMO, you could have picked a better color but it still looks good.

RWS
04-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Looks great good job.

04-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Nice setup. Have you gotten to use it yet?

Thanks, Havent got to use it yet, probally next week.

Do you have to use a High-Lift or is there some other way to get to the dump bin? Looks nice congrats

Thanks! I will have to lift the bags over the top. From the deck of the trailer its only a 4 ft lift. I sure wish I had a high dump.

Looks awesome!! Are you gonna put something inside the dump part to protect the wood from moisture? Like the roll on or spray on bedliner?

Great idea with the winches too!! Hope you make lots of cash with it!!

Thanks, I will be painting the top edge of the wood so it doesnt suck in moisture, but I didnt plan on more then that. The wood should last a couple couple yrs at least.

That looks really good. Sure would come in handy alot. IMO, you could have picked a better color but it still looks good.

Thanks! The blue PVC was FREE, couldnt pass that up. But I did find out it expands in the sun, and makes it wavy, so I will probally redo it with black plastic next winter.

Looks great good job.

Thanks!:drinkup:

grandview (2006)
04-10-2008, 11:41 AM
looks good. But when you dump make sure your hinged door is not touching the ground ,

Petr51488
04-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Great Idea! The only problem i see is when dumping, won't all the waste lean up against the trailer? then you would have to drive over it?

04-10-2008, 03:02 PM
looks good. But when you dump make sure your hinged door is not touching the ground ,

Yes, It is only a couple inches off the ground at max dump, I dont think I will ever need to have it that high to dump though, the floor is really slippery. I will just have to watch it, also, it could be fixed by what I am thinking of doing- noted in next reply

Great Idea! The only problem i see is when dumping, won't all the waste lean up against the trailer? then you would have to drive over it?

Yeah I was talking about that with another guy, and we were thinking of splitting the door horizontally. Putting a 18" door on, that hinges at the bottom, and would allow the material to flow out past the tires. This would also make the top door shorter, and make is less likely to touch the ground.

Its one of those things I will just have to see how it works for now, and may end up modifying it.

Supper Grassy
04-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Sweet Trailer

blm86
04-10-2008, 05:01 PM
nice trailer, i like the idea of having a dual use

mcwlandscaping
04-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Thats cool, great ideas and a good DIY job, looks professional!!! I love how the pics are dated 9/4/08....that's my birthday...that hasn't happened yet!! LOL

04-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Thats cool, great ideas and a good DIY job, looks professional!!! I love how the pics are dated 9/4/08....that's my birthday...that hasn't happened yet!! LOL

yep 9/4/08 sure did happen

Day/Month/Year
9th/April/2008

Yep i believe that was yesterday. Happy birthday if you birthday was yesterday:drinkup:

deere615
04-11-2008, 09:57 PM
That is really cool, great job

DLCS
04-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah I was talking about that with another guy, and we were thinking of splitting the door horizontally. Putting a 18" door on, that hinges at the bottom, and would allow the material to flow out past the tires. This would also make the top door shorter, and make is less likely to touch the ground.

Its one of those things I will just have to see how it works for now, and may end up modifying it.

Reguardless its still a back saver, way to go. Now get a patent on that thing.:drinkup:

Runner
04-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Wow....That is just toooo cool. Nice work! :)

04-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Reguardless its still a back saver, way to go. Now get a patent on that thing.:drinkup:

patent? lol probally not, there is really no new idea here. side dump has been done before, and so has winch dump. I doubt the combination of the two is patentable.

But yes, I am looking forward to using it! Plus, for the cost, it is well worth it. I figure I got about 6-7 hundo in the dump box portion, and the sides. The trailer was $2200, so for about 3k and some time I think it got a heck of a trailer.

04-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Wow....That is just toooo cool. Nice work! :)

Thanks Runner!

Sweet Tater
05-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Nice, I am glad you got some useful ideas from my trailer. I thought about using the boat winch, but the trailer builder got me a good deal on a regular winch. hope it works well for ya.

06-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Nice, I am glad you got some useful ideas from my trailer. I thought about using the boat winch, but the trailer builder got me a good deal on a regular winch. hope it works well for ya.

Thanks Tater

It does work great. I have dumped 3yds of dry compost(3000lbs) out of it with no problem, but it did blow a fuse when I tryed to dump 4 yards of wet compost, but that was a 5500 lb load.

It sure is nice pulling into the landfill and being in and out in 2 minutes, while all the other lco's are shoveling and just staring at my set up :cool2:

ALC-GregH
06-09-2008, 06:30 PM
I just got around to looking at the link you posted from Taters thread. Nice trailer. It's alot bigger then I need though.

My trailer isn't quite big enough but I have to make use of it so I'm hoping a 3x4x6 box will hold enough clippings to make it worth my while to build everything up. I ordered a 3 bagger kit for my Tiger Cub so I'll need to get started soon with the box. My only problem is, I have limited space so I can't add anymore to the box size.

Puddle of Oil
03-19-2011, 10:17 PM
huge bump! hows it working so far "IMAGE"?

bobcat48
03-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Looks good,very kool dump trailer.

tyslawnservice
03-24-2014, 12:35 AM
hey its been a few years sense you made this setup. any changes or fixes that you had to make on this trailer?