PDA

View Full Version : Should it be this hard? Yea, I am sure it is!

TheTurfTender
04-10-2008, 12:51 AM
I stated my lawn care company about......60 days ago, and I am up to 15 clients. I have had 7 landscaping bids, and have had used 4 different guys.

Maybe I need to be a little more patient with these guys, but if I am giving out a bid, what should I expect. If a guy called me with 3-4 bids in 3 days I would be all over it!

I'm just venting a little, but I have a ton of referrals to give out, and I need to know how to secure a good, dependable landscaper! Do you all have any tips I should use? How do you deal with guys calling and giving you bids?

Thanks a lot.

B

TheTurfTender
04-10-2008, 12:53 AM
FYI - The jobs have been:

1 Blueprint
1 Patio
4 Mulch Replacements. 1 is for 2000 sq ft
1 is trimming and upkeep - Should I be doing that ;)

YardPro
04-10-2008, 08:14 PM
FYI - The jobs have been:

1 Blueprint
1 Patio
4 Mulch Replacements. 1 is for 2000 sq ft
1 is trimming and upkeep - Should I be doing that ;)

lol,
sorry for being blunt, but a 60 day old company with ony 15 brand new clients is not someone i would EVER consider "subbing" work from....

Superior L & L
04-10-2008, 08:47 PM
yer i dont think i would be jumping all over this stuff either. try and find a "new" landscaping company and you guys can feed each other work. Your "big" mulch job is only a long mornings work for a decent crew at a well established company
Dont take this the wrong way cos thats great that you have 7 possible jobs already. I wouldnt even look at any mulch jobs for anyone. If you have to go measure for mulch then we are typically wasting the profit in the job. Mulch isnt a great profit center for us. We will give people a per yard price and guessestimate over the phone.

TheTurfTender
04-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Ok - Thanks...