PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Whats The Best Way?

bamafan192069
04-10-2008, 01:53 AM
Hi My Name Is Brandon And I Have Been Doing Landscaping For A Long Time But Just Resently Started A Business. And I Wanted To Ask What Is The Best Way To Go About Advertising?? Any Help Would Be Great!weightlifter:

bamafan192069
04-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Its Me Again.

Big C
04-10-2008, 07:16 AM
This is something I find very effective....go out and talk to people....shake hands.... look people in the eye....it makes all the difference in the world....everyone like personalized service....that's more than any flyer or sign can do and it sets you apart from the competition.....and best of all.......IT'S FREE!!!!!!

Enzo
04-10-2008, 09:51 AM
I have had a good turn around with flyers. I have handed out about 700 flyers and have 21 clients now with those flyers. I ordered 2000 like an idiot, but sometimes you need to learn the hardway. Also when people called me I always met with them to be more personal and get to know them and they show me what they want done.

TexasFire221
04-10-2008, 09:55 AM
I have not put out any flyer. I have not put ads in the papers or the phone book. The only thing I did was get 2 yard signs made. What I like about this is that you will get customers in the same sub-division. I had 3 new clients call on Monday. All on the same street.

Enzo
04-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah I kind of had the same thing happen to me except I was doing two jobs on this one street and a guy came up to me and started talking and gave me his info.

kyle39
04-10-2008, 10:19 AM
A good refferal program works great. Also testimonials are great.

I am doing flyers, local news paper, meeting people, passing out lots of cards.:hammerhead:

bamafan192069
04-10-2008, 11:39 AM
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO GUYS! :walking:

JustAGlimpseLawnCare
04-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I have to agree with kyle39, referrals work wonders. We offer our current customers a coupon worth 10% of any sales we generate from a referral, gives them an incentive to go find us new customers, because they get a discount.

We have been passing out business cards and advertising in the local paper. This is our first year advertising in the paper and it was $114 well spent, its a six week ad. We're less than a week in and we already have 15x's what we spent for the ad booked, and its still a bit early here.

GreenthumbGA
04-10-2008, 03:29 PM
THe best form of advertising is doing a slammin job for every cleint that you have. Take care of them.

Get out of the box. Everyone does flyers, cards and such. Do something different ..crazy. The other lawn care guys will look at you crazy but who cares...there looking and getting to know the new guy.

toddcl
04-10-2008, 09:13 PM
I get close to a thousand business cards printed of with the name of the company my phone number and I also put bid and a blank line next to it and i walk around neighborhoods and put how much a yard is and then put it in the door. On the back is a list of everyhing I do.

JustAGlimpseLawnCare
04-11-2008, 07:32 AM
I agree with toddcl, we use business cards as well, as they are much less expensive than flyers (especially when you print and cut your own). We have our rates on the back for 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1 and 2 acres, with a partial list of services on the front, and complete list on the back. Make sure if you print pre-specified prices that you say "starting from," as it will remove any liability and give you some flexibility for those unusual circumstances.