PDA

View Full Version : lesco verses andersons

actionlawn4u
04-10-2008, 06:13 PM
This is our first yr for fertilizing could anyone tell me if they prefer lesco brand or andersons better

RAlmaroad
04-10-2008, 06:29 PM
This is our first yr for fertilizing could anyone tell me if they prefer lesco brand or andersons better

I find Anderson's prill size to be more consistent with less fine (dust)

FdLLawnMan
04-10-2008, 07:30 PM
I find Anderson's prill size to be more consistent with less fine (dust)

I find the opposite. Every prill of the Lesco fertilizer has an SGN of 200 for their standard fertilizer. As far as dust, it has virtually none. My spreaders stay cleaner and spread more evenly with the consistent prill size. Anderson's is a nice fertilizer, but better than Lesco when it comes to the prill size and dust, I respectfully disagree.

mikesturf
04-10-2008, 07:37 PM
If you choose to use Lesco, beware, you must deal with them just like a sleazy car salesman. Never accept the first price. If you plan to use 1 pallet of fert per app, tell them you think you will be using 3 pallets per fert. Unlike other companies, Lesco will feel you out then try to suck as much money out of you as possible. I prefer up front companies that give you a price list, with listed volume discounts. I've asked for a price on gypsum on 3 different occassions (within 4 months) and the price was $7, $8 then $9, while at Home Depot the price was $3.99.

tjsquickcuts
04-10-2008, 10:24 PM
If you choose to use Lesco, beware, you must deal with them just like a sleazy car salesman. Never accept the first price. If you plan to use 1 pallet of fert per app, tell them you think you will be using 3 pallets per fert. Unlike other companies, Lesco will feel you out then try to suck as much money out of you as possible. I prefer up front companies that give you a price list, with listed volume discounts. I've asked for a price on gypsum on 3 different occassions (within 4 months) and the price was $7, $8 then $9, while at Home Depot the price was $3.99.

I so agree with you about dealing with Lesco. My first time there, they tried to lean me over the counter and just take it...lol....for 18 bags of 0-0-8 and 24-3-12 I think they told me $784....with a straight face after trying to explain how HD carries their name, but not the same product. I walked out, and later that day they were calling to play lets make a deal. Sorta pissed me off we had to go that route, but I got what I wanted for what I wanted to pay so now I am happy, well sorta...

tremor
04-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Anderson's SGN = 210-215
LESCO SGN = 240-260

So if particles per square foot matter to you then the Anderson's is the better choice.

UI or Uniformiry Index is quite variable among some manufacturers. We can post opnions all we want but the proof is only available to those have have one of these:

mikesturf
04-11-2008, 08:31 AM
I so agree with you about dealing with Lesco. My first time there, they tried to lean me over the counter and just take it...lol....for 18 bags of 0-0-8 and 24-3-12 I think they told me $784....with a straight face after trying to explain how HD carries their name, but not the same product. I walked out, and later that day they were calling to play lets make a deal. Sorta pissed me off we had to go that route, but I got what I wanted for what I wanted to pay so now I am happy, well sorta...

That comes out to $43.55 per bag-I hope this had Merit or Mach II in it. Did they at least offer a tube of KY jelly?

mikesturf
04-11-2008, 08:48 AM

I just bought 40 -50 pound bags of slow release crabgrass, round 1, for $15.63 per bag. And this distributor clearly showed me in the catalog that if I bought 80 bags the price would be $15.13 per bag. Its nice to see your prices listed out and you know that what you are being charged is the same price the next guy will be charged.