PDA

View Full Version : Weed & feed makes weeds grow?

Lawn-Sharks
04-10-2008, 08:09 PM
I really don't do many fert aps (maybe 4 to 5 jobs a year only when asked by current customers only!) but when i am asked to do the job i use a granule fertilizer and i ask my fertilizer dealer what her would recomend i use to get the job done right. The last 2 fert jobs i did i put down a 17-2-11 weed & feed on St.Augustine lawns per the advice i have been givin by my local fert dealer and the problem im having is the weed & feed that im using says it kills dollar weeds but ive noticed that more of the dollar weed has grown and none and none of it is dying. The fert dealer has said to me ooooh just give it time! I don't feel this is the correct answer? Before i did the jobs i adjusted the irrigation to ensure proper watering times & coverage and i took some fresh soil samples to the dealer and he did a ph test and said to use the 17-2-11 so i did. I feel i have done the best i could do to ensure a good quality job! But does anyone know why this seems to be happening???

LushGreenLawn
04-10-2008, 08:18 PM
I would sub your apps to someone else. It dosen't seem like it would be worth it to pay every year for an applicators license, go to the seminars to get credits, and try to keep up with whats going on in the industry if you only want to do a few customers. It seems like you would be losing money.

Your question is a tough one not knowing the variables. What is the active ingredient in your weed and feed? How much did you put down? How much did the label tell you to put down? What were the weather conditions?

RAlmaroad
04-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I really don't do many fert aps (maybe 4 to 5 jobs a year only when asked by current customers only!) but when i am asked to do the job i use a granule fertilizer and i ask my fertilizer dealer what her would recomend i use to get the job done right. The last 2 fert jobs i did i put down a 17-2-11 weed & feed on St.Augustine lawns per the advice i have been givin by my local fert dealer and the problem im having is the weed & feed that im using says it kills dollar weeds but ive noticed that more of the dollar weed has grown and none and none of it is dying. The fert dealer has said to me ooooh just give it time! I don't feel this is the correct answer? Before i did the jobs i adjusted the irrigation to ensure proper watering times & coverage and i took some fresh soil samples to the dealer and he did a ph test and said to use the 17-2-11 so i did. I feel i have done the best i could do to ensure a good quality job! But does anyone know why this seems to be happening???

Been through so much of that garbage. What was the Brand Name? S..tts? Probably weed killer was a granular Atrazine. Check the label. If so, Atrazine is a little Pre-em but mostly a broadleaf controller. Let me know. There's no such thing as Weed and Feed for St. Augustine!!! RIC HELP ME OUT. I quit devoting any time to that type of illusion. St. Augustine will thicken with the right type of fertilizer and PH of the soil. Find those, then spot with (A tried and true mix); the weeds to give the turf a change to knit so tight that the weeds cant take hold. Sure the weeds are grow, you gave them Nitrogen. The analysis is fairly close to right. St. Augustine needs 1lb of Nitrogen about every 6 weeks or so Until Labor Day. Do you have: Dollarweed, sedge, kyliinga, dallasgrass, winter weeds, etc.etc.? All of these take hold in thin, undernourished turf. Let me know exactly what the Brand was, so to check the pre-em chem. Bet is was Atrazine.

Lawn-Sharks
04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
It was a Lesco 17-2-11 weed & feed for St.Augustine
weather conditions were normal sunny florida day about 90 degrees soil was damp and the lawn was not retaining water and i applied it according to what the specs were on the bag.And as far as the other ingredients in the mix i will have to read it and let you know.

Lawn-Sharks
04-10-2008, 09:23 PM
I would sub your apps to someone else. It dosen't seem like it would be worth it to pay every year for an applicators license, go to the seminars to get credits, and try to keep up with whats going on in the industry if you only want to do a few customers. It seems like you would be losing money.

Your question is a tough one not knowing the variables. What is the active ingredient in your weed and feed? How much did you put down? How much did the label tell you to put down? What were the weather conditions?

In florida you dont need an applicators license for granule fertilizer for residential use as long as you are not using on a commericial level
(large quanity of use) which i dont. I only do it for my customer that want me to do it for their lawns other wise i dont advertise doing fert aps at all. Also i do have some lawns that i sub out but some i just get stuck doing the aps for the customers that dont trust fert companys.
(Some customer are just set in their ways and i cant convince them any different) The older customers seems to only trust the people they see every week.

olive123
04-10-2008, 09:35 PM
WRONG...you NEED to have a commercial applicators license to apply any pesticide. Weed and feed is a pesticide. PERIOD.
There is no requirement for straight fertilizer. But when it is mixed with any kind of pesticide ie, weed killer, preemergent, or insecticide then you need to be licensed.
Lesco is famous for their workers not knowing the laws. The cr*p i have heard there...

Runner
04-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Yes, this is very true. Also, something you have to understand with (any) post emergent granular herbicide is 1. it either doesn't work, or 2., it works marginally, at best. Conditions have to be perfect. the grass has to be wet when applied, then has to dry, and in most cases, cannot be watered for 48 hours afterward. Now, the chances of this happening without complete control of the irrigation are slim to none.

rob7233
04-10-2008, 10:19 PM

I do know why this occurs. First off lets be clear. Applying any chemical to turf being a herbicide or pesticide to a client's lawn is ILLEGAL and will get you a severe fine from DACS. As of now, you may only apply straight fertilizer. Also, the Label is The LAW.

Round up/Glyphosate may only be applied to BEDDING areas and not to turf and ONLY with a Limited Commercial applicator's license which require certification and GL of at least 400K. These are the laws in Florida and expect sometime next year to have a Fertilizer Applicator's license to be in effect.

First of all, one can calculate the total amount of Nitrogen in the fertilizer to be applied at the recommended rate of 1lb/1000sqft per app. However, the issue arises when trying to determine the rate of application. First question to you is: what brand Weed & Feed did you use and what brand spreader did you use to apply it? Should be the same, ie, Lesco/Lesco etc or at least your spreader should be listed on the bag of fert. On the bag is setting ratings that the manufacturer has already calculated for the application of their product. Along with that issue, is the fact that everyone walks at varying speeds among the different grade conditions while spreading.

Proper distribution rates is critical with Weed & Feed and Most LCO's and Homeowner's aren't even close to applying it correctly. Then on top of that, after application the product needs to be lightly watered in at 1/4" total.

There are additional issues to it and the most effective means to control broadleaf weeds is through a liquid application of Herbicide in which you can't legally do. FYI: there are 3 classes of weeds: 1) Broadleaf 2) Sedges 3) Grasses. Yes, Atrazine is for St. Augustine and has a pre-emergent quality also. For God's sake do not use the "COMBO" herbicides for both Bahia and St. Augustine !! They contain 2,4,D and are extremely narrow in their safe application rates and will certainly kill a St. Augustine lawn.
Guys, if you don't know, then don't go.... :dancing:

rob7233
04-10-2008, 10:40 PM
I wanted to follow up on this a little more after rereading the previous posts.

Any fert will make the weeds grow also since they are competing with the turf for the same resources, so it's important to follow good cultural & maintenance practices. Too bad a lot of LCO's may not understand just what that may entail. Seek out information. Get some more education.
Help raise the standards of this industry. And remember, that - "All boats float, in high tide".

The problem with Dollar weed is easy enough to control since it's really an Aquatic weed (read it grows in water). The client needs to audit their irrigation system and cut back on either the frequency and /or length of the watering times. More is not better. In fact most homeowner's practices do much to contribute to their own lawn problems. Then they run down to the Depot looking for another chemical answer.

Lawn-Sharks
04-10-2008, 11:02 PM
I do know why this occurs. First off lets be clear. Applying any chemical to turf being a herbicide or pesticide to a client's lawn is ILLEGAL and will get you a severe fine from DACS. As of now, you may only apply straight fertilizer. Also, the Label is The LAW.

Round up/Glyphosate may only be applied to BEDDING areas and not to turf and ONLY with a Limited Commercial applicator's license which require certification and GL of at least 400K. These are the laws in Florida and expect sometime next year to have a Fertilizer Applicator's license to be in effect.

First of all, one can calculate the total amount of Nitrogen in the fertilizer to be applied at the recommended rate of 1lb/1000sqft per app. However, the issue arises when trying to determine the rate of application. First question to you is: what brand Weed & Feed did you use and what brand spreader did you use to apply it? Should be the same, ie, Lesco/Lesco etc or at least your spreader should be listed on the bag of fert. On the bag is setting ratings that the manufacturer has already calculated for the application of their product. Along with that issue, is the fact that everyone walks at varying speeds among the different grade conditions while spreading.

Proper distribution rates is critical with Weed & Feed and Most LCO's and Homeowner's aren't even close to applying it correctly. Then on top of that, after application the product needs to be lightly watered in at 1/4" total.

There are additional issues to it and the most effective means to control broadleaf weeds is through a liquid application of Herbicide in which you can't legally do. FYI: there are 3 classes of weeds: 1) Broadleaf 2) Sedges 3) Grasses. Yes, Atrazine is for St. Augustine and has a pre-emergent quality also. For God's sake do not use the "COMBO" herbicides for both Bahia and St. Augustine !! They contain 2,4,D and are extremely narrow in their safe application rates and will certainly kill a St. Augustine lawn.
Guys, if you don't know, then don't go.... :dancing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LushGreenLawn

In florida you dont need an applicators license for granule fertilizer for residential use as long as you are not using on a commericial level
(large quanity of use) which i dont. I only do it for my customer that want me to do it for their lawns other wise i dont advertise doing fert aps at all. Also i do have some lawns that i sub out but some i just get stuck doing the aps for the customers that dont trust fert companys.
(Some customer are just set in their ways and i cant convince them any different) The older customers seems to only trust the people they see every week.

I only apply per the instruction on the bag! I also used the weed & feed that was recommended by the dealer after a soil sample was taken.Also i have the correct broadcast spreader stated in the instruction on the bag. I set the spreader to the correct setting listed on the bag of fert and walked at a steady pace and overlaped my spread pattern after that i turned on the sprinklers and set them run for 20 min per station 6 station total.After i turned them on i swept the remaing fert in to the lawn. I count on and put my trust with the people who make and sell the fert that i buy and i do thank you for your feedback on the matter i just wish that people would give a straite answer insted of trying to make other companys look stupid.And by the way I keep a copy of the rules and regulations from the florida department of agricultural about applying fert to lawns in all my trucks and it states that if i were using large quanitys of granule fertilizer for commericial use then yes i need a license. But if i am not applying large quanitys of granule fert to residential lawns then i would not need a license. But if i were to apply a liquid fert then i need a license no matter what. Most of the lawns i do dont even take a 10,000 sq ft bag of fert so if someone want to come out and try to fine me i will be more than happy to show them the paper work stating what i can and cannot do!

Lawn-Sharks
04-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Also their sprinklers only run 2 days a week 30min per station. dont take what im saying wrong im asking for advise and yes i should read a little more about fertilizer but i have taken and put my faith into the fert dealers hands on this matter because i dont do many fert aps and i just dont need to hear people make negative comment towards others because they think they know it all and im sure from time to time you ask for the answer to a question you have insted of going and finding it yourself. And i do carry all the proper documentation with me at all time to ensure people that i am running my business legally.

Hoots
04-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Ding Ding Ding Ding

You washed off the WEED part of the WEED and feed. As stated on here before by Runner (and myself in other posts and others I'm sure) you need WET GRASS when applying, then DRY GRASS for 48 hours to allow the product to STAY on the LEAF of the WEED to KILL the WEED.

Class dismissed.:walking:

rob7233
04-10-2008, 11:22 PM
I wasn't saying you didn't try to be diligent and ask for instruction. I simply did not know all the facts and was trying to answer your question based on the info given. Maybe rain/water prior or a little water after. 20 minutes a zone is likely too much. The stuff doesn't work most of the time because of all the variables.

Straight fertilizer is okay but weed & feed is not. It contains a herbicide. Please call you local extension office to confirm. Some FL state #'s to try are: 850-488-3314 & 850-921-4177

tamadrummer
04-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Hey Lawn-Sharks,

Sorry to rain on your parade man but you are dead wrong about not needing the applicators license for this. Here are the regs. [URL="http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0482/titl0482.htm&StatuteYear=2001&Title=-%3E2001-%3EChapter%20482"]

In there you will read that you need either a 4 year degree in Hort and 1 year working for another PCO before you can even take the test to apply what you are already applying or you need to have worked for a company for 3 years and have a 2 year degree in hort to take the test.

It is strict down here to apply pesticides to turf, that is why these people are trying to tell you not to do it. If you read through these statutes, you will see that it is black and white. No gray areas.

rob7233
04-10-2008, 11:26 PM
I wasn't saying you didn't try to be diligent and ask for instruction. I simply did not know all the facts and was trying to answer your question based on the info given. Maybe rain/water prior or a little water after. The point is it needs to stick to the weed material.
20 minutes a zone is likely too much. The stuff doesn't work most of the time because of all the variables.

Straight fertilizer is okay but weed & feed is not. It contains a herbicide. Please call you local extension office to confirm. Some FL state #'s to try are: 850-488-3314 & 850-921-4177 ***********

rcreech
04-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Sub it out!

You don't know what you are doing and you are breaking the law! :hammerhead:

Picked up a new customer this week and she said that he mowing guy would come out and use her garden hose with one of those screw on deals to apply broadleaf prouduct.

She literally said since he didn't have a clue and it didn't work she wanted to hire a professional.

I am going to find out who he is....and if he is doing anymore lawns, I am going to call the state!

I HATE it when guys are out here using pesticides and don't have a clue. They are just ruining it for the ones of that do!

LushGreenLawn
04-11-2008, 12:09 AM
I heard through the grapevine that your ag inspector will probrably be calling you tomorrow. Just giving you a heads up. (No, I did not call them)

Frank Fescue
04-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LushGreenLawn

I only apply per the instruction on the bag! I also used the weed & feed that was recommended by the dealer after a soil sample was taken.Also i have the correct broadcast spreader stated in the instruction on the bag. I set the spreader to the correct setting listed on the bag of fert and walked at a steady pace and overlaped my spread pattern after that i turned on the sprinklers and set them run for 20 min per station 6 station total.After i turned them on i swept the remaing fert in to the lawn. I count on and put my trust with the people who make and sell the fert that i buy and i do thank you for your feedback on the matter i just wish that people would give a straite answer insted of trying to make other companys look stupid.And by the way I keep a copy of the rules and regulations from the florida department of agricultural about applying fert to lawns in all my trucks and it states that if i were using large quanitys of granule fertilizer for commericial use then yes i need a license. But if i am not applying large quanitys of granule fert to residential lawns then i would not need a license. But if i were to apply a liquid fert then i need a license no matter what. Most of the lawns i do dont even take a 10,000 sq ft bag of fert so if someone want to come out and try to fine me i will be more than happy to show them the paper work stating what i can and cannot do!

Yea, thats great and all but even if you follow the directions to the letter of the law you're still doing it illegally.

suppose someone was driving the speed limit, stopping at stop signs, yeilding to pedestrians but doesnt have a drivers license? does that make it ok because they were obeying traffic laws? no it doesnt. and you clearly dont know what you're doing. if you get busted you WILL face a gargantuan fine and you have absolutly no way out. god forbid you kill someones koi pond, or an hypersensitive next door neighbors dog falls ill and she wants to blame YOU. all this stuff you're doing illegally is going to come to the forefront and you are screwed because what you're doing is illegal. absolute bottom line. if you feel its a calculated risk and nothing bad will happen then more power to you. but you should understand the ramifications of a "worst case scenerio"

and yes weed and feed does make weeds grow. it works systemically to make the plant grow and starve it out.

LwnmwrMan22
04-11-2008, 09:45 AM
FWIW, and I usually don't do this, but here's another post by lawn-know-it-all-sharks....

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=225236

Again, just showing how he knows everything, including that he's got 3 mowers, all under 60", but that he lost out on $70,000 city bid, even though his equipment list was approved, but others were not.

I tried to explain how if I had 72" mowers I could cut 15-20% of his bid, but he insisted that there was no where in the entire city that you could use a 72" mower.

I'm not sure, most of the cities that I've seen have parks and sports fields that are included in a bid that would be $70,000 for the year.

olive123
04-11-2008, 04:53 PM
sharks believe what you want. BUT call up dacs and ask them the question. weed and feed is a pesticide. You cannot apply it for profit without a license.
AND for HOOTS and RUNNER...
th4e northern type of granular weed control is contact and yes it needs to stick to the blades of grass to work, however in st augustine grass we use atrazine which is a systemic absorbed by broadleaf roots. so we need it to be watered in.

okeefl
04-11-2008, 07:07 PM
I heard through the grapevine that your ag inspector will probrably be calling you tomorrow. Just giving you a heads up. (No, I did not call them)

Could'nt happen to a nicer guy! :cool2::cool2::cool2:

Runner
04-11-2008, 08:00 PM
for HOOTS and RUNNER...
th4e northern type of granular weed control is contact and yes it needs to stick to the blades of grass to work, however in st augustine grass we use atrazine which is a systemic absorbed by broadleaf roots. so we need it to be watered in.

Yeah, I saw that afterward, and that is a whole different ballgame, so to speak. Sorry about that.:)

Hoots
04-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Been through so much of that garbage. What was the Brand Name? S..tts? Probably weed killer was a granular Atrazine. Check the label. If so, Atrazine is a little Pre-em but mostly a broadleaf controller. Let me know. There's no such thing as Weed and Feed for St. Augustine!!! RIC HELP ME OUT. I quit devoting any time to that type of illusion. St. Augustine will thicken with the right type of fertilizer and PH of the soil. Find those, then spot with (A tried and true mix); the weeds to give the turf a change to knit so tight that the weeds cant take hold. Sure the weeds are grow, you gave them Nitrogen. The analysis is fairly close to right. St. Augustine needs 1lb of Nitrogen about every 6 weeks or so Until Labor Day. Do you have: Dollarweed, sedge, kyliinga, dallasgrass, winter weeds, etc.etc.? All of these take hold in thin, undernourished turf. Let me know exactly what the Brand was, so to check the pre-em chem. Bet is was Atrazine.

Runner, don't apologize so fast. This quote is the first one I found mentioning atrazine. The only thing that Lawn-Sharks has mentioned is 17-2-11, no chemical. Here in Texas we have used Momentum Force from Lesco, 21-0-11. It is labeled for St. Augustine. It is possible Lawn Sharks used something similar, but with no chemical stated, RAlmroad is the only one mentioning the possibility of what may have been used.

olive123
04-12-2008, 02:00 PM
that is lesco weed and feed...it is the worst of their weed and feeds the 22-0-11 blend is great it is the small prill type but the price WOOOOO
29 bucks a bag!!!:dizzy:

Runner
04-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Yeah, when you consider what it costs for a bag of 22-0-11 (or in our case, 24-0-12) plus the cost to spray with Eliminate, or 3 way, or whatever. especially when you consider the marginal (at best) results of a granular. No way I could do it.

Lawn-Sharks
04-14-2008, 10:02 AM
FWIW, and I usually don't do this, but here's another post by lawn-know-it-all-sharks....

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=225236

Again, just showing how he knows everything, including that he's got 3 mowers, all under 60", but that he lost out on $70,000 city bid, even though his equipment list was approved, but others were not.

I tried to explain how if I had 72" mowers I could cut 15-20% of his bid, but he insisted that there was no where in the entire city that you could use a 72" mower.

I'm not sure, most of the cities that I've seen have parks and sports fields that are included in a bid that would be $70,000 for the year.

I didnt say you couldnt use a 72 inch mower I WAS SAYING it wouldnt save you any money to use it!! (YOU SAID YOU COULD BEAT MY BID BY 15% )Most of the work as i explained was to mow a 30" strip on each side of sidewalk in about a 30mile stretch!! if im running my 48" or my 52" with the smaller engines down that strip im SURE it would cost less in FUEL then to Run a 72" mower with a bigger engine and more weight that is what i was explaining and a few other people were trying tell you but you couldnt seem to understand that. Also yes most of the bidders that did not get approved because city did not feel that their equipment was good enough!! Im not them and i dont know why they were not approved all i can tell you is i was!
It seem to me your just trying to start **** with me. All this post was for is to ask a simple question that i had and maybe i got some bad info about a applicator license but you are taking this to far by FOLLOWING me trou THREADS and reposting what im saying just to start **** with me.
So why dont you **** OFF Lawn Site RAMBO!!! Your wrong YOU LOWBALLER

Lawn-Sharks
04-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Hello everyone! I am here to ADMIT i made a MISTAKE....The information i had from DACS about the granule fertilizer was CORRECT i do not need a applicator license to apply fert for now but they are trying to pass a law sometime this year to make everyone get that license... But here's the mistake i made i thought that because the weed & feed was in a granule form that it the information i had still applied to it.(it doesn't) I WAS WRONG i do need a license to apply granule weed & feed (and i was wrong) I want to thank the people that left feedback pointing out my mistakes which envoked me to call DACS and figure out what i was doing wrong! THANK YOU!
I dont know enough about all of this and im to busy to learn everything about it so im just going to pass all of it onto a fert company.

LwnmwrMan22
04-14-2008, 11:26 AM
I didnt say you couldnt use a 72 inch mower I WAS SAYING it wouldnt save you any money to use it!! (YOU SAID YOU COULD BEAT MY BID BY 15% )Most of the work as i explained was to mow a 30" strip on each side of sidewalk in about a 30mile stretch!! if im running my 48" or my 52" with the smaller engines down that strip im SURE it would cost less in FUEL then to Run a 72" mower with a bigger engine and more weight that is what i was explaining and a few other people were trying tell you but you couldnt seem to understand that. Also yes most of the bidders that did not get approved because city did not feel that their equipment was good enough!! Im not them and i dont know why they were not approved all i can tell you is i was!
It seem to me your just trying to start **** with me. All this post was for is to ask a simple question that i had and maybe i got some bad info about a applicator license but you are taking this to far by FOLLOWING me trou THREADS and reposting what im saying just to start **** with me.
So why dont you **** OFF Lawn Site RAMBO!!! Your wrong YOU LOWBALLER

Again, Lawn-Sharks, I posted that I don't normally do that sort of thing. For that I apologize that I stepped over a line.

I would also like to thank you for giving me a chuckle this morning. If you saw me in person, you'd chuckle too at me being called "RAMBO". :laugh:

lawnguy26
04-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I think it is also worth mentioning you posted this question in December and said the lawn was being watered twice a week. :nono:

Dollar weeds thrive in moist soils and that is way to much water in the winter time. I live in central Florida and my irrigation was turned off from the middle of December to the end of March. Water no more then once every two weeks in the winter time. And since we got rain about every two weeks no irrigation was needed this year.

Green Dreams
04-14-2008, 12:05 PM
I have been doing this 20 years and learn something new often. I just have to laugh when illegal ops come in and want it all...now.

No one is making you look foolish, Lawn Shark, but YOU.

Lawn-Sharks
04-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Again, Lawn-Sharks, I posted that I don't normally do that sort of thing. For that I apologize that I stepped over a line.

I would also like to thank you for giving me a chuckle this morning. If you saw me in person, you'd chuckle too at me being called "RAMBO". :laugh:

I apologize for saying what i said to you.

Lawn-Sharks
04-14-2008, 12:16 PM
I think it is also worth mentioning you posted this question in December and said the lawn was being watered twice a week. :nono:

Dollar weeds thrive in moist soils and that is way to much water in the winter time. I live in central Florida and my irrigation was turned off from the middle of December to the end of March. Water no more then once every two weeks in the winter time. And since we got rain about every two weeks no irrigation was needed this year.

LOOK again i didnt post this in december! December is my join date!!!! this thread was started 4-10-08

Lawn-Sharks
04-14-2008, 12:35 PM
I have been doing this 20 years and learn something new often. I just have to laugh when illegal ops come in and want it all...now.

No one is making you look foolish, Lawn Shark, but YOU.

Illegal ops huh? I make a simple mistake and now im a Illegal operation. What does it feel like to be PERFECT? And make a statement like that you must be! Have you ever made a mistake? No! of course not other wise you would't be saying this. Its know it all's like you that make it hard for other people to ask a simple question with out someone bashing their integerty. I am a legal operating business look me up! and if you look back you will see that everthing i stated was true i dont need a license to apply granule fert! I just need one for applying granule weed & feed which i didn't know. I admited i was wrong and made a mistake and took my lumps for it. Would you have admited you were wrong? I dont think so because you started with 20 years under you belt before you even started you business "RITE" never making a mistake the whole time.

Hoots
04-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Lawn-Sharks, if you had come out from the beginning and understood that multiple people were telling you that you were doing something illegal (applying a chemical without a license) and said oops, I'm sorry, I will stop immediately, and by the way how do I do this legally. Instead you jumped up and down screaming that you were right. This is what has prompted the "starting ****" as you put it.

Lesson learned, calm down, ask a question and accept the answers.

Lawn-Sharks
04-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I couldn't see at first the difference between the 2 granules. I know we were talking about weed & feed but my mind was stuck on fert? I was defending what i thought was right but i was on the wrong page and i do apologize for coming off the wrong way i was just thinking trou all that was going on that everyone was saying i need a lic to apply fert.

grassmedics
04-15-2008, 08:11 PM
im not here to fight with anyone, but i have used the lesco 17 2 11. and it really didnt do much good for me either. as for the dollar weed; in florida the water table can make it come up in some weird places, even if the yard isnt being watered.

The YardSlayer
03-10-2011, 11:46 PM
My experience has been to seperate herbicide from fertilizer. I had the same experience and i wont make that mistake again.

The YardSlayer
03-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Amen brother post emergent granulars are a tuff thing to do if you cant get in with pre its best to spot after the fact.