PDA

View Full Version : Foreign customers???

stevenf
04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
I have gotten several calls from foreign people who barely speak english. I just cant understand what there saying so I always write down what I think I heard, then I try and back track what neighborhoods I last visited to try and find them :laugh:
One called me today and ?I just mapquest his address and nothing comes up. He will be getting a call back......

Any of you have this problem? Mabey its just my area...???

KGR landscapeing
04-10-2008, 07:20 PM
I have gotten several calls from foreign people who barely speak english. I just cant understand what there saying so I always write down what I think I heard, then I try and back track what neighborhoods I last visited to try and find them :laugh:
One called me today and ?I just mapquest his address and nothing comes up. He will be getting a call back......

Any of you have this problem? Mabey its just my area...???

no your not the only one i usally get voicemails i have no idea whats going on i have to listen 6 times to get the number and then i call them back and get the adress find out what they want a price for. then go and leave it usally they call back and say do it. i workd with mexicans so i can understand there broken english and i speak alittle spanish enough to yell. and well other races i just make it up or say huh???? alot

CustomKare
04-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Easy solution....CHARGE THEM DOUBLE!!!!!

lawnman_scott
04-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Easy solution....CHARGE THEM DOUBLE!!!!!How does that help you to understand them?

KGR landscapeing
04-10-2008, 10:47 PM
How does that help you to understand them?

it dosent you just make more to deal with them

Paulup
04-10-2008, 11:10 PM
stevenf, i think its time you brush up on your Vietnamese. :dizzy:

stevenf
04-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Mabey I should!
Today I got a call telling me his address was 5701 stanger way ave. The only street I found that resemmbled that was ridge way, but all of the addresses start with 16***. There arent any 5's lol

cpel2004
04-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Their money is green,so take it. Just my .02

Paulup
04-10-2008, 11:45 PM
where in Louisiana are you operating?

stevenf
04-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Im in Baton Rouge. Hows your year going?

Paulup
04-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Actually formed my LLC today, got my EIN and opened a Business Checking Account. I refuse to pick up any customers that aren't family until i'm 100% legit, so all I need to do now is print out flyers and buy business cards then work on getting my insurance while i wait for phone calls.

Paulup
04-11-2008, 12:00 AM
btw, any chance that person meant to say Tanger Ave in Gonzales?

stevenf
04-11-2008, 12:04 AM
No, it wasnt Tanger because He gave me a Baton Rouge zip code. I will call him back tomorrow.
Let me know how you do on fliers or doorhangers. So far Ive picked up 3 from about 500-600 doorhangers. Hasnt been the greatest return but Im starting to get more estimate request. I think I passed them out to early.

Paulup
04-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Well I live in rural Saint Tammany Parish, so if i pass out 500 fliers, it would take me over a week. My road alone is almost 10 miles long, with 30 something houses on it. My hope is to target the immediate area surrounding my house and just pick up 15-20 accounts. This is just part time for me, I make way too much in my accounting job to do lawn care full time. The reason i'm getting into the business to begin with is to relieve some of the pain i have for a military accident back in 2003. Seems the more active I am, the less neck pain i have. Its not bad enough to risk surgery that close to my brain, but its bad enough that sitting at my desk all day 5 days a week makes me want to jump off a bridge. crashing for the night, will check this post tomorrow.

stevenf
04-11-2008, 12:11 AM
I have degenerative disk myself which causes horrible, random spurts of back pain. It works the same way with me, sitting in a desk or being non active seems to make it worse.

Turfrific
04-12-2008, 02:01 PM
when you find them, you could have them right it down. have some one who works with or knows some one who can translate and tell you what they want,at the same time have them right down what you want and sign the same meaning at the end for the agreement.

Turfrific
04-12-2008, 02:12 PM
another idea, have some one write your prices and services in thoughs different languages. then have them put yes or no check box side of services they want and make alot of prints of it. so you won't have to do it again. like my brother works with all types if i needed to i could have him do it for me. if not hang out side a factory, im sure youll see them to ask lol.

WildLake
04-12-2008, 09:24 PM
another idea, have some one write your prices and services in thoughs different languages. then have them put yes or no check box side of services they want and make alot of prints of it. so you won't have to do it again. like my brother works with all types if i needed to i could have him do it for me. if not hang out side a factory, im sure youll see them to ask lol.

I get these calls and can't even understand the addresses. I even make them spell it out. "lknagoehg" this is what it sounds like they spell. WTF I'm thinking! Lots of Asians and Arabs around here. I can sometimes reverse phone number them get an address but man, I still can't figure out what they want a price for when I get there. They point at stuff, I knod my head, smile, and give them a price. What a PITA.