PDA

View Full Version : Trash and contracts.......

eggy
12-01-2001, 10:47 AM
This is kinda for those who operate on yearly contracts in states where the grass mowing stops for at least three months. My question is how many of you still visit your commercial properties weekly to pick up trash from the turf? Do you find this is something they want? Thanks

Randy Scott
12-01-2001, 10:51 AM
My contracts are set-up for 7 monthly payments, May thru November. If they don't have me snowplowing I don't see them until Spring.

Indiana
12-01-2001, 12:06 PM
All my commercial contracts are visited at least once per month to pick up trash, branches, and talk to the manager.

This way, I don't get forgotten or thought to not care about their property in the winter. Most of the time I get a couple of small jobs to do while there. Also, let's me check any problems that I had in the cutting season and try to correct them. (Low branches, shrub disease, etc...)

Although their contracts pay twelve months, I am basically taking less during the cutting season to reap it in the winter months. This way they still feel like service is on a continued basis.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-01-2001, 03:48 PM
If they want to PAY for it we will be there.

BRL
12-01-2001, 09:05 PM
Ditto Randy & LGF.

dj'slawnservice
12-01-2001, 10:41 PM
Yep, still go out and do trash removal......trimming low hanging tree limbs, turning over mulch, whatever can be done to stay busy and/or help the productivity next season, and also to show that we are there servicing their account....staying in contact with the managers means a lot too......also water some indoor potted plants year round

leeslawncare
12-02-2001, 03:00 AM
On my biggest contract . I go by every two weeks an pick up trash an blow the lot off . As far as talking to the office manager ...well she is my wife !!so i get all the screaming when they are leaves or trash in the parking lot LOL!!!:blob4:

65hoss
12-02-2001, 04:33 AM
If you plan to go there every week still you better allow for this in your pricing. If you just add the cutting and whatever else your regular maintenance is and divide by 12, your going to loose money by showing up. This is added cost you might not have included.