PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

j05h22
04-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Do you guys mow yards biweekly? If so how do you price compared to weekly? Also some customers have asked for me to mow every 10 days or so... how should I price? Thanks in advance.

Big C
04-11-2008, 01:46 AM
For me it depends on the size of the lawn, my bi-weeklys are so small that I charge them the same as a weekly service. But i do cut a 1/4 acre duplex that the owner wants cut only once per month and I charge him $85 per month because of the excessive mowing/trimming that needs to be done and it is all the way across town in an area that I don't have any other customers in so I charge a little extra for gas and traveltime, where as if he got the duplex serviced every week is would be $180 per month....explained this to him....but it is his choice!!!

mngrassguy
04-11-2008, 06:58 AM
So you pull up to a crappy looking lawn in a truck with your name on it every 2 weeks. I do the lawn across the street that gets mowed every four days 'cause the guy ferts the piss out of it

Neighbor drives by and is thinking of hiring a mowing service. Who do you think he will want to hire?

If you are a premier service and get premier prices, why would you even consider doing a bi-weekly cut? Just a thought

Buddy Buds
04-11-2008, 07:15 AM
I just started in November, so most of my customers are bi-weekly. You take what you can get to start. Do the bi-weekly look as good as the weekly NO. But they are happy and it's giving me time to try to get more weekly.

Big C
04-11-2008, 11:24 AM
So you pull up to a crappy looking lawn in a truck with your name on it every 2 weeks. I do the lawn across the street that gets mowed every four days 'cause the guy ferts the piss out of it

Neighbor drives by and is thinking of hiring a mowing service. Who do you think he will want to hire?

If you are a premier service and get premier prices, why would you even consider doing a bi-weekly cut? Just a thought

Why would I consider doing lawns bi-weekly......let me thinnk:confused::confused:...because that's what the customer requested!!!!!.... and if I refuse do it bi-weekly another LCO will....who cares what the lawn looks like before I pull up, what is important to me is what it looks like after I drive off...and if the other neighbors see that I can turn a crappy lawn into what they see after I leave that makes me look good in the end..right?

DrGreenThumb
04-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Why would I consider doing lawns bi-weekly......let me thinnk:confused::confused:...because that's what the customer requested!!!!!.... and if I refuse do it bi-weekly another LCO will....who cares what the lawn looks like before I pull up, what is important to me is what it looks like after I drive off...and if the other neighbors see that I can turn a crappy lawn into what they see after I leave that makes me look good in the end..right?

This was my response to this question when it was asked LOL, you guys are righ t you take what you can get whe n you are starting out because you need the flow of cash get going, charge a bit more cause of gas and crap but get mowing.

cgaengineer
04-11-2008, 01:38 PM
On my average sized lawns I charge $10 more dollars. I had a bi-weekly I cut last night and she was home this time when I cut...she saw what it looked like when it was finished the first pass and then the extra work I told her she was paying the extra money for...she is now every week. You just cant make 18" fescue look good when you are finished...it still looks bad...not to mention it is hell on your mower. I told her when she mentioned every 2 weeks that it wasnt going to be enough...I said never remove more than 1/3 of the balde...she insisted, she now knows we removed 15 inches from her lawn last night exposing the yellow stems of fescue and that I had to double cut the really thich areas and go over it with BR600.

blm86
04-11-2008, 04:18 PM
i only have 1 bi weekly account and thats because there are so many shade trees in the majority of the yard and its not worth my time to mow it every week. I do charge about $10 more than usual because the rest grows like no tomorrow

griffinz
04-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Hi Chris,

You are just around the corner! By looking at your user id, it looks like you may have some engineering background. Same here.

I am in Monroe, GA. I would like to pick up some work and was hoping to get started within the next week. I am going to be putting out flyers tomorrow in my area. I would really like to speak with you about getting started. Any advice you could spare would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Joe

ed2hess
04-11-2008, 09:28 PM
In the south bi-weekly usually will not pay more than weekly because they definitely will find somebody to do it at their price. They don't care that much how it looks just want to stay out of trouble with neigh boors. We do a lot of them and I don't want anyone coming into our area and chancing they will take away our weekly customers.

cgaengineer
04-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi Chris,

You are just around the corner! By looking at your user id, it looks like you may have some engineering background. Same here.

I am in Monroe, GA. I would like to pick up some work and was hoping to get started within the next week. I am going to be putting out flyers tomorrow in my area. I would really like to speak with you about getting started. Any advice you could spare would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Joe

You are right around the corner! Sent PM...or I tried to send PM, get your post count up and shoot me a PM...I will be glad to help as much as I can.

griffinz
04-13-2008, 01:01 PM
You are right around the corner! Sent PM...or I tried to send PM, get your post count up and shoot me a PM...I will be glad to help as much as I can.

Great! Thanks! I will try and figure out this PM thing. :laugh: