PDA

View Full Version : Open trailers with storage area in front?

Pflat1
04-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Anyone have an open trailer with a storage area infront for things like handheld blowers , gas trimmers and maybe gas cans etc? Attached a pic for example. If anyone has anything similar to this could u post a pic of it please .

thx

Guzman Properties
04-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Here is my 2006 PJ 7710G. I had this aluminum tool box laying around the shop, bought it at an auction along with some others. I mounted on the top rail because there was no room on the tounge. I used a piece of galvanized angle steel as the rear base. It supports the box and also is the stop for my lawn machines. I come up to it with the front caster wheels then strap the machine in. On the far left side of the box I mounted a Master lock box for the keys. Inside I keep straps, bungees and can fit my Shindaiwa trimmer with attachments. Since the pic I have added a spare tire to the side of the trailer.

davis45
04-11-2008, 01:14 PM
heres mine, ill get pics of it loaded up soon.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=219977

Pflat1
04-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Here is my 2006 PJ 7710G. I had this aluminum tool box laying around the shop, bought it at an auction along with some others. I mounted on the top rail because there was no room on the tounge. I used a piece of galvanized angle steel as the rear base. It supports the box and also is the stop for my lawn machines. I come up to it with the front caster wheels then strap the machine in. On the far left side of the box I mounted a Master lock box for the keys. Inside I keep straps, bungees and can fit my Shindaiwa trimmer with attachments. Since the pic I have added a spare tire to the side of the trailer.

Nice Thx

Thats it exactly , a friend is going to fab one for me . Does it have a door or something? How does it open? I was thinking of having it (open) swing up, kinda like the tail gate, with a latch.

davis45
04-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Yea the top swings up like a door. I requested that the front of it folds down but they messed that up, oh well.

AdamChrap
04-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Here is my setup, I just put this on about 2 weeks ago.

ed2hess
04-13-2008, 06:34 PM

All the trailer in our area are like this....but don't put that cage any higher than necessary it is hard to get in/out. Most of the ones are much lower just so front of mowers can get under them.

THRIFTY
04-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I want to put one of those diamond plate truck boxs in the front of mine. Good thread, keep the pics coming guys!

davis45
04-13-2008, 09:14 PM
All the trailer in our area are like this....but don't put that cage any higher than necessary it is hard to get in/out. Most of the ones are much lower just so front of mowers can get under them.

yep, mine just has a few inches of clearance for the front of a ZTR to fit under there.

AdamChrap
04-13-2008, 10:19 PM
I want to put one of those diamond plate truck boxes in the front of mine. Good thread, keep the pics coming guys!

If you put one on I suggest spending the extra money and buying a good one. I first bought a smaller cheaper brand box and in a few months it was real hard to open, the locks got all funky. The big box I have on mine now was real expensive but it is over 5 years old, has been on 3 different trailers and the mechanisms are as good as the day I got it.

AdamChrap
04-13-2008, 10:22 PM
yep, mine just has a few inches of clearance for the front of a ZTR to fit under there.

I didn't want to go as high as I did but had to get over the spare tire when the door is down. Now I am glad I went higher. I can slide more things under it like wheel barrels and stuff. Since I get on the trailer to get my blower off it is no big deal for me to get up there to get things out of my box but I guess it all depends on how you use your rig.