PDA

View Full Version : Permagreen Magnum Sprayer Upgrade

SpreadNSpray
04-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Magnum owners, would you benefit from a spray system upgrade to the Magnum? The upgrade would spray 40% wider and have a visible trim nozzle that sprayed exactly 6" past the left (throttle side) wheel with uniform coverage.
The upgrade would dramatically cut time on acreage and cut trimming time on all lawns.

The upgrade would yield the same square feet per tank as original equipment. You would also be able to switch back to the original P.G. spray system very easily within 3 minutes. 10 minute installation with no drilling to the Magnum.

How many would have a need for this?

sclawndr
04-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Yes, would be interested to hear more.

SpreadNSpray
04-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Only one person interested?

rcreech
04-12-2008, 08:07 PM
I read you post earlier....but forgot to reply.

I rarely use my trim nozzle, but I would be interested.

How are you doing this?

What is the cost?

Thanks,
RC

MStine315
04-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Sounds good to me, fill us in with more details...or pm me. If you've read my posts you'll know this is an achilles heel for me.

SpreadNSpray
04-12-2008, 08:20 PM
I read you post earlier....but forgot to reply.

I rarely use my trim nozzle, but I would be interested.

How are you doing this?

What is the cost?

Thanks,
RC

I rarely use my trim nozzle also. I need to get some time on the prototype before I go into detail about the trim nozzle.

The upgrade is all stainless steel.

The cost will be $400-$500.

SpreadNSpray
04-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Sounds good to me, fill us in with more details...or pm me. If you've read my posts you'll know this is an achilles heel for me.

I'll be sure to let you know. I have not read your post about the pg.

"Achilles heel" is this regarding the spray system?

DUSTYCEDAR
04-13-2008, 08:11 AM
ALWAYS interisted inupgrading my machines however at 500 bucks ill live with what i have

rcreech
04-13-2008, 11:02 AM
ALWAYS interisted inupgrading my machines however at 500 bucks ill live with what i have

I would have to agree!

If it is something that I barely use....and have gotten by for three years with it the way it is, that kind of money probably isn't worth it to me!

For that money you could probably just go with a bigger pump and tip and save a ton of money! JMO!

TLS
04-13-2008, 12:23 PM
I'd be interested in what this mod includes. Pictures etc. Price seems a bit steep, but your products are quality, and you need to make it worth YOUR while to manufacture/distribute. Keep us updated.

Any other mods? Thumb throttle maybe? My right hand goes numb trying to keep full throttle!

Turf Toad
04-16-2008, 06:36 AM
What good is it spraying 40% wider if you still have to spread back to your wheel tracks anyway? I rarely use my trim nozzles either.

SpreadNSpray
04-16-2008, 08:07 AM
What good is it spraying 40% wider if you still have to spread back to your wheel tracks anyway? I rarely use my trim nozzles either.

The Permagreen Magnum spreads further than it can spray. Even with overlap the spray system comes up short of the spread pattern. This would match up both the spread and spray patterns and increase productivity.

DUSTYCEDAR
04-16-2008, 08:52 AM
do u have a pic of the spread spray match? maby on a parking lot to show that it is a good spray?

TLS
04-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Is is possible to use both D and L nozzles and aim them outward some?

SpreadNSpray
04-16-2008, 10:50 PM
do u have a pic of the spread spray match? maby on a parking lot to show that it is a good spray?

It's still in the prototype stages. Right now I'm looking for feed back on the need for the product. I will have pics when or if it goes to market.
Thanks for your input.

MStine315
04-16-2008, 10:52 PM
I'll be sure to let you know. I have not read your post about the pg.

"Achilles heel" is this regarding the spray system?

My issue is that the Magnum single nozzle system doesn't reach out as far as the Ultra 2 nozzle system, so when you turn or if it "breezy" we end up with "skips" or strips of weeds not controlled.

SpreadNSpray
04-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Is is possible to use both D and L nozzles and aim them outward some?

The tires will limit that.

Turf Toad
04-17-2008, 12:01 PM
The Permagreen Magnum spreads further than it can spray. Even with overlap the spray system comes up short of the spread pattern. This would match up both the spread and spray patterns and increase productivity.

The way I understand it the spray width should be just a little over 1/2 as wide as the fert pattern on the Magnum. I turn on about 7ft centers, spreading back to my tire tracks. This gives me the old tried and true double overlap, even fertilizer coverage, and about 1 ft of overlap on my herbicide that has been giving me good control.
I'm afraid that if I try to spray the full width of the fert pattern I would have a real spray drift problem, not to mention trying to get the edges of my fert pattern to just feather in and not steak the lawn.

americanlawn
04-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Sounds like the same prob you have with the Magnum is the same we had with the Ultra. We tweaked our Ultra's and now have half-way decent weed kill, but it still doesn't match up with the fert spread pattern. Lawns with hard-to-kill weeds = going back over. I must say that PermaGreen is top notch regarding service & sending needed parts promptly. There is no perfect ride-on, but PermaGreen has always treated us right.