PDA

View Full Version : New Sprayer

billyc
04-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Where is this new sprayer that ameria-something keeps talking about. I would hope you have it by now.

Real Green
04-11-2008, 02:36 PM
BillyC As of right now, nothing can be said. Larry (AmericanLawn) as well as 3 more of us on the board can only tell you to get excited and that more information will be on the way in the comming months. I asure you, it will be worth the wait! Take care.

billyc
04-11-2008, 02:51 PM
I think we have waited long enough. The government must be involved somehow. There are other options so I think I will move on. Thanks
for the reply.

Real Green
04-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Haha. I promise the government is not involved! I know there are other options, but I highly suggest waiting. The term "revolutionary" doesn't even begin to describe what this will do for your business and or the green industry...

americanlawn
04-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I think we have waited long enough. The government must be involved somehow. There are other options so I think I will move on. Thanks
for the reply.

Hi billyc -- Real Green is right. Those who are seriously interested in this brand new production model should contact TURFCO first & foremost. They can hook you up with a LCO in your state so that you can try one out. Ohio, Michigan, Wisconson, Iowa, Delaware are some of the states with current owners of this machine.

billyc
04-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I guess I don't get it. Looking over the threads, you guys have been talking about this unit for months. Yet nobody can see it. Do you all work for these guys or do you just get a free unit to try out. If so' I'm in.

americanlawn
04-11-2008, 05:48 PM
I guess I don't get it. Looking over the threads, you guys have been talking about this unit for months. Yet nobody can see it. Do you all work for these guys or do you just get a free unit to try out. If so' I'm in.

A select few saw it last fall. Several now have one. You can see one and demo it, but you need permision from TURFCO. Trust us, there's a reason for this. I understand where you and many many others are coming from. Guys want to see pics & details..........can't do it quite yet. Anybody who is seriously interested must call TURFCO.......they will gladly help you out. Our unit will always be available to demo if one gets permission from the manufacturer. I hope everybody understands. :usflag:

humble1
04-11-2008, 06:22 PM
A select few saw it last fall. Several now have one. You can see one and demo it, but you need permision from TURFCO. Trust us, there's a reason for this. I understand where you and many many others are coming from. Guys want to see pics & details..........can't do it quite yet. Anybody who is seriously interested must call TURFCO.......they will gladly help you out. Our unit will always be available to demo if one gets permission from the manufacturer. I hope everybody understands. :usflag:

Can you at least say what it does?

americanlawn
04-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Can you at least say what it does?

Hi Humble -- you're a good friend. Owners of this new TURFCO unit have made a promise not to disclose details or pics for a little while (for good reason). Contact turfcobob or TURFCO headquarters if you want to see or demo one. The unit outperforms any other on the market. That's about all I can say. I hope you and others understand. :usflag:

humble1
04-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi Humble -- you're a good friend. Owners of this new TURFCO unit have made a promise not to disclose details or pics for a little while (for good reason). Contact turfcobob or TURFCO headquarters if you want to see or demo one. The unit outperforms any other on the market. That's about all I can say. I hope you and others understand. :usflag:

The thing i dont understand is why they didnt make mention at the New England grows show, that is a big show they were there and made no mention of it.

Rayholio
04-11-2008, 09:02 PM
LOL This is kinda funny..

"Get excited!"

"About what?"

"None of your business!!"

"????..."

It's prolly a segway with a hopper on it.. LOL

rcreech
04-11-2008, 10:43 PM
BillyC As of right now, nothing can be said. Larry (AmericanLawn) as well as 3 more of us on the board can only tell you to get excited and that more information will be on the way in the comming months. I asure you, it will be worth the wait! Take care.

You better watch it.....you are aproaching 50 posts! :laugh:

Good to see you on here tonight!

Real Green and American is right...this new machine is going to make tidal waves!

ted putnam
04-11-2008, 11:20 PM
LOL This is kinda funny..

"Get excited!"

"About what?"

"None of your business!!"

"????..."

It's prolly a segway with a hopper on it.. LOL

LMAO! They could tell you, but then they'd have to kill you!
National Security and everything...you understand...

Grandview
04-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Real Green and American is right...this new machine is going to make tidal waves!

I think tidal waves is a bit of an exaggeration. I doubt that it increases productivity over a permagreen or Z-spray by 50%.

SpreadNSpray
04-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Does anyone know if it fits on a carrier rack like the P.G. ?

billyc
04-12-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm not sure I trust a company who tells us it's going to be at Louisville and it wasn't, heard it was going to be at NE grows (not). I ordered a new unit yesterday and I won't be sorry for the decision. I can't tell you who the company is, or what country their in, or what color it is. I have to store it in the secret hangar or at Wright Patterson AFB though. Just kidding. Good luck american and reech. I'm sure you will tell us all about it someday.

turfcobob
04-12-2008, 11:06 AM
HI guys, Let's all give Larry at American Lawns a break. Last week we had the first group in to Turfco to learn all about and pick up their new Applicators. We are producing and shipping right now. And we did have it in Louisville last fall for a limited showing. But, Due to a limited availability in 2008 we have asked the new owners to take it easy on talking about thier units for awhile. No big secrets, no government cover up just a new way for us to introduce a new machine. They can show you the ones they have and tell you all about it if you go see them but we asked them to hold off on pics and specs for awhile. It is just us trying to control the introduction of the product. Like Larry said, feel free to call us and chat about it. Larry has know of this unit and even got to try one out last year and he has patiently waited. For his patience he got to take the first unit from the factory. So he is Owner number one of a Turfco T-3000 Applicator and if we ever get rid of winter he will get to use it.
Turfcobob

rcreech
04-12-2008, 12:03 PM
I think tidal waves is a bit of an exaggeration. I doubt that it increases productivity over a permagreen or Z-spray by 50%.

Maybe tidal waves was an exageration....I will just say 15 footers with white caps! :laugh:

No seriously, it does have a lot of great features that are not currently on the machines available on the market!

The Turfo people have done a great job and they are an awesome company!

ted putnam
04-12-2008, 12:16 PM
I was just having a little fun with my previous comment. On a more serious note: There are a couple of things that concern me. Pricewise, how competitive is this new machine going to be with what is already available. To be the first guy on the block to have one are we going to have to pay out the nose? I know from personal experience that usually that's how it works. Someone has to pay for all that R&D and start up production costs. The other thing is purchasing an expensive piece of equipment that for all intents and purposes is still in the "prototype" stage. It's a big commitment and pain to be the one who gets to work all the bugs out through daily use. Nobody wants to be a "crash test dummy". I will be in the market soon for a new machine and these are all thoughts and concerns of mine.

humble1
04-12-2008, 12:42 PM
HI guys, Let's all give Larry at American Lawns a break. Last week we had the first group in to Turfco to learn all about and pick up their new Applicators. We are producing and shipping right now. And we did have it in Louisville last fall for a limited showing. But, Due to a limited availability in 2008 we have asked the new owners to take it easy on talking about thier units for awhile. No big secrets, no government cover up just a new way for us to introduce a new machine. They can show you the ones they have and tell you all about it if you go see them but we asked them to hold off on pics and specs for awhile. It is just us trying to control the introduction of the product. Like Larry said, feel free to call us and chat about it. Larry has know of this unit and even got to try one out last year and he has patiently waited. For his patience he got to take the first unit from the factory. So he is Owner number one of a Turfco T-3000 Applicator and if we ever get rid of winter he will get to use it.
Turfcobob

Well Bob, Have you considered that maybe if you realeased more info that maybe some of us would wait on purchasing a new PG or Z-spray and buy your machine instead. But because we are left in the dark some of us might go ahead and buy the PG or Z-spray. Given the amount of investment in the new machine and the usefull life I think you are losing alot of potential sales over the next few years.

lawnangel1
04-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Well Bob, Have you considered that maybe if you realeased more info that maybe some of us would wait on purchasing a new PG or Z-spray and buy your machine instead. But because we are left in the dark some of us might go ahead and buy the PG or Z-spray. Given the amount of investment in the new machine and the usefull life I think you are losing alot of potential sales over the next few years.

Well said I totally agree.

Rayholio
04-12-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm in the market right now.. and it will take more than "get excited" to keep me waiting as well..

Real Green
04-12-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm in the market right now.. and it will take more than "get excited" to keep me waiting as well..

Then pick up your phone and call Turfco...

Rayholio
04-12-2008, 02:20 PM
I allready shot them an email yesterday...

heheh

Real Green
04-12-2008, 02:23 PM
I allready shot them an email yesterday...

heheh

Haha, you are taking the first step...

sprayboy
04-12-2008, 02:24 PM
The magical mystery machine of the lawn care industry.

Why in the world would anybody wait on something they can't even get a pic of? If I was looking to buy a new machine this year I would not be waiting. Can't get any production done by waiting.

My take is it is not that good of a machine or they would be letting pics out. Are they worried someone may try to copy it? If Turfco is coming out with a ride on then maybe THEY are worried because they are copying a machine that is already on the market, since there are quite a few out there.

Just my thought after reading so much about something that is such a mystery.

Maybe this can be put in the inventions history lessons for our great great grandkids to learn about. Or the funny papers.

rcreech
04-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Then pick up your phone and call Turfco...

Real Green makes a great point!

They are not trying to keep it a secret to LCO's....just the competition!

I like the way the Tufco is doing this.

Turfco has been getting this machine to the us for four years. They have worked to perfect this machine. They have worked out the very fine details before letting it available to us.

Most companies come out with a new product and just put it out into the field with no "field experience" and history and just make improvements along way.

Turco is taking the approach to wait and release it with machines that have been used in the field!

There is not reason to be upset that you can't see it! It will be available soon and as stated previosly...I think it will be safe to say it will be worth the wait.

That is to keep from the pains of the "prototype stage".

Grass Guru 621
04-12-2008, 06:37 PM
WE HAVE HEARD IT WILL GO ON A CARRIER RACK AND FIT THROUGH A 36" GATE? I TAKE THAT AS IT CANT HOLD MUCH LIQUID OR GRANULAR.
HOW PRODUCTIVE COULD THAT BE. IF IT IS LESS THAN 36" WIDE IT WOULD HAVE TO BE TALL AND TOP HEAVY OR LONG WITH A CRAPPY TURNING RADIUS. THE BRAKES MUST NOT WORK BECAUSE I REMEMBER AMERICAN SAYING HE RAN IN TO HIS BARN. WHAT WOULD BE THE HARM IN GIVING SOME SPECS? I WON'T NEED PICS, TELL ME THE GAL, GRANULAR CAP, GROUND SPEED, POWER PLANT, COME ON ALREADY. :hammerhead:
AT THIS POINT ALL I CAN DO IS GUESS.

rcreech
04-12-2008, 07:53 PM
WE HAVE HEARD IT WILL GO ON A CARRIER RACK AND FIT THROUGH A 36" GATE? I TAKE THAT AS IT CANT HOLD MUCH LIQUID OR GRANULAR.
HOW PRODUCTIVE COULD THAT BE. IF IT IS LESS THAN 36" WIDE IT WOULD HAVE TO BE TALL AND TOP HEAVY OR LONG WITH A CRAPPY TURNING RADIUS. THE BRAKES MUST NOT WORK BECAUSE I REMEMBER AMERICAN SAYING HE RAN IN TO HIS BARN. WHAT WOULD BE THE HARM IN GIVING SOME SPECS? I WON'T NEED PICS, TELL ME THE GAL, GRANULAR CAP, GROUND SPEED, POWER PLANT, COME ON ALREADY. :hammerhead:
AT THIS POINT ALL I CAN DO IS GUESS.

Totally the opposite of everything you just stated....so you will definitly like it!

Brakes have nothing to do with running into anything! Cars have breaks and they run into things all the time....but it is the drivers fault, not the car!

Why all the negativity Dude!

Why would anyone come out with a new unit that would suck as you discuss? Think about it?

lawnangel1
04-12-2008, 08:00 PM
They are not trying to keep it a secret to LCO's....just the competition!

I like the way the Tufco is doing this.

Turfco has been getting this machine to the us for four years. They have worked to perfect this machine. They have worked out the very fine details before letting it available to us.

Most companies come out with a new product and just put it out into the field with no "field experience" and history and just make improvements along way.

Turco is taking the approach to wait and release it with machines that have been used in the field!

There is not reason to be upset that you can't see it! It will be available soon and as stated previosly...I think it will be safe to say it will be worth the wait.

That is to keep from the pains of the "prototype stage".[/QUOTE]

If the competition really wanted to see it that bad dont you think they could by traveling to Americans neck of the woods and seeing the prototype in action???

Real Green
04-12-2008, 09:32 PM
If the competition really wanted to see it that bad dont you think they could by traveling to Americans neck of the woods and seeing the prototype in action???

The competition is not going to chase down an American Lawn truck in Iowa to see it on a lawn. Also another thing you need to remember is that TURFCO products are designed, tested, and built in the United States of America. SOME (not all) of the other products are built by those in another country and or designed there as well.

I think there is too much negativity from a lot of you on this board. TURFCO has a unique and proud history and is a company that any LCO should be proud to be associated with. A few you need to stop questioning the tactics and understand that the fine people of TURFCO know what they are doing...

Rayholio
04-12-2008, 11:45 PM
I think the negativity comes from this deal not making any sense...

what it is soundng like is that you're planning on 'sneaking' your product into a commanding position in the lawn spreader/sprayer market.. by selling it as if it's on the black market.. broad terms, no details.. but everyone knows that's no way to sell a product, otherwise microsoft would be doing it.

#1 Why would such a life changing invention need to be hidden from the competition? Worst case scenero, they obtain the copywrited blueprints.. It'll still take them years to copy it, and reproduce it in a way that is even questionably legally acceptable. and if it is to be hidden, why was it at ANY show?

2ndly, why isn't this being marketed balls-to-the-wall? If it was my perfect invention, I would be trying to sell them FASTER than I could make them.. then add staff to meet the demand. that's how you beat the competition.. you get established as the best before they get into the game.. with your supposed strategy, the competition will be producing a similar product by the time you decide to post your 1st pics...

3rd, If it's not ready for production, why would anyone even be allowed to admit to its existance? If it is ready... See #1 ..

The spreader / sprayers of today are far from perfect.. there are SEVERAL logical changes that should have been made years ago.. and while I don't doubt that this magic product could be better than 'anything on the market'.. that's not honestly saying a whole lot...

It would have to be some kind of hydrogen powered hover spreader that works in any weather conditions, and fits in 24inch gates to REALLY impress me. And I think your competition will agree until they see a difference in their numbers.. and then they have to track down the reason for their loss.. and then design a new product, and then produce it.. it would probably be years before they caught up anyhow..

I guess I'm ranting.. but my point is that your story doesn't jive.. there's either some missing pieces to the puzzle, or your trying to get everyone worked up over nothing.. which is plenty cause for resistance...

Grass Guru 621
04-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Sorry If I Am Being Negative, All I Am Asking For Is Capacities And Engine Make, An So On.

mngrassguy
04-13-2008, 12:34 PM
LOL, you guys are hilarious. They had one at the MNLA show in Jan. Looked like any old "stand on" spreader/sprayer to me. Same with the Echo diesel powered weed wip that Echo claims doesn't exist. No, I didn't take pictures of either but wish I had now. Neither would let me. TURFCO said they wouldn't go into reg prodution until later this year. Maybe they took a lesson from Western last year when they released the "wide-out" to soon and NONE WORKED

robertsturf
04-13-2008, 12:48 PM
I think it is like the unicorn. Some say they have seen them but most don't!! I am from the show-me state. So show me or shut up already. It's not like area 51 or anything. I mean it's just a powered stand-on spreader that will make our lives a little easier.

ted putnam
04-13-2008, 03:55 PM
LMAO!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

tlg
04-13-2008, 04:52 PM
I understand that this new machine operates under some sort of stealth technology and is being used by multiple LCO'S throughout the United States and Canada. Turfco in conjunction with Boeing and and technical guidance from NASA have indeed created this machine that can without any question go undetected. Earlier reports of actual sightings have been confirmed to be nothing more than mere weather balloons downed by the effects of global warming. WARNING!!!! If you should come in contact with this new ride on , you should approach with extreme caution as operators are part of the conspiracy and cover up of this revolutionary lawn care machine. Operators may in fact be heavily armed to protect the stealth secret that will be sure to revolutionize the lawn care industry. TURFCO can neither confirm or deny the existence of this machine at this time. If anyone can post a picture of this machine please do. Hey it's been a rough week. :)

mngrassguy
04-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Very good!!! LOL

americanlawn
04-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Yes -- it can be carried on a rear carrier rack. (better than trying to back up a trailer everywhere you go). They are nolonger 'prototypes' as the real deal is currently in production. We consider this unit heads above the rest cuz we compared it to the competition several times. Pics, etc will come later this season.:usflag::canadaflag:

FdLLawnMan
04-13-2008, 05:55 PM
I am one of the fortunate ones to have the new T3000. I understand where Turfco is coming from. I used to work in industry and if the company I worked for or the competition made a big splash with something but production wasn't ready the customers were po'd because they couldn't get one. All we are doing is making sure there are no little bugs or problems that were overlooked before it was fully introduced. If anyone wants to see and drive it all you have to do is PM me, just don't bring your camera. I am in Wisconsin if you want to drive that far. Turfco was all set to introduce it last year but they made a major design change that set them back almost a year. The major difference between this machine and the competition I believe is ease of use and safety. There are other advantages but if you have any hills, you will want to look at the T3000.

Real Green
04-13-2008, 08:03 PM
I am one of the fortunate ones to have the new T3000. I understand where Turfco is coming from. I used to work in industry and if the company I worked for or the competition made a big splash with something but production wasn't ready the customers were po'd because they couldn't get one. All we are doing is making sure there are no little bugs or problems that were overlooked before it was fully introduced. If anyone wants to see and drive it all you have to do is PM me, just don't bring your camera. I am in Wisconsin if you want to drive that far. Turfco was all set to introduce it last year but they made a major design change that set them back almost a year. The major difference between this machine and the competition I believe is ease of use and safety. There are other advantages but if you have any hills, you will want to look at the T3000.

Well said Mike! It's great to see you in this thread. The same stands for myself, If you would like to see and drive it and you are in the Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Virginia area, PM me (leave the camera behind). I hope we can put bring this thread to a close as the majority of you have spoken your peace, be it negative or positive. Otherwise, I hope everyone is having a great 2008 season!

Rayholio
04-25-2008, 04:56 PM
I talked to bob about this new machine.. I'm going to try to not give away any 'secrets'.. (still don't understand that).. I will give some general statements that might be able to help some of you decide if this is worth persuing.. I have not seen the machine.. He did however explain to me in detail what it does, and we mutually decided that it would be useless to me.. For those DETAILS, you'll have to appeal to him

This machine is designed for properties 30,000 sq ft and larger.. It's not going to do you much good if (like me) you have average 15k lawns.. The design does sound like it's better than the options currently available.. most failures will be field repairable, as the machine seems robust and not over complicated.

It is not ZTR, (not neccisarily a bad thing) but it will fit in your gates... which is great.. but kinda a confusing combination for me.

I don't think the machine is 'revolutionary'.. Next generation ideas like GPS guidence, and variable speed automatic application calibration is off the table with this machine.. I do think that they've made SEVERAL logical upgrades from current systems. And don't take that lightly.. the current ride-ons seem like they're under evolved.. and this probably goes a long way in fixing that.

This machine sounds like it will be awsome for those of you who are treating ACRES at a time.. you'll be faster and more efficiant than ever.. Smaller lawns are not impossible.. but they might as well be.. as it wouldn't be efficiant

So.. I hope this helps.. I havn't exactly removed the shroud or anything, mainly because I don't want to offend anyone, but I wish someone would have told me these things.. could have saved me a little time :)

ted putnam
04-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks for your insight Ray. That's kinda what I needed to know. My average lawn size is 15k. I have approx 15 lawns that are in the 30-50k range. They are nothing that I can't readily handle with my present set up. Sounds like I'm back to deciding whether to purchase the PG magnum or the Z-spray jr. Thanks again for doing all that leg work.

americanlawn
04-25-2008, 08:13 PM
I talked to bob about this new machine.. I'm going to try to not give away any 'secrets'.. (still don't understand that).. I will give some general statements that might be able to help some of you decide if this is worth persuing.. I have not seen the machine.. He did however explain to me in detail what it does, and we mutually decided that it would be useless to me.. For those DETAILS, you'll have to appeal to him

This machine is designed for properties 30,000 sq ft and larger.. It's not going to do you much good if (like me) you have average 15k lawns.. The design does sound like it's better than the options currently available.. most failures will be field repairable, as the machine seems robust and not over complicated.

It is not ZTR, (not neccisarily a bad thing) but it will fit in your gates... which is great.. but kinda a confusing combination for me.

I don't think the machine is 'revolutionary'.. Next generation ideas like GPS guidence, and variable speed automatic application calibration is off the table with this machine.. I do think that they've made SEVERAL logical upgrades from current systems. And don't take that lightly.. the current ride-ons seem like they're under evolved.. and this probably goes a long way in fixing that.

This machine sounds like it will be awsome for those of you who are treating ACRES at a time.. you'll be faster and more efficiant than ever.. Smaller lawns are not impossible.. but they might as well be.. as it wouldn't be efficiant

So.. I hope this helps.. I havn't exactly removed the shroud or anything, mainly because I don't want to offend anyone, but I wish someone would have told me these things.. could have saved me a little time :)

Anyone reading this thread.....let me give you some insight.

First of all, this unit IS revolutionary. It has improved technology that nobody else has. It was built from the ground up and perfected over a four year time span. It is now available to test drive in MANY states and MANY parts of the Country. This unit is totally different from anything else. TURFCO is now building more everyday.

Turfcobob was here yesterday, and he told us about an individual inquiring about this new unit. This guy stated he had a fairly small number of accounts, and his largest lawn was 15,000 sq ft. For this reason, Bob said a ride-on unit was not needed......nomatter what brand. Was this guy you, Rayholio?

"I wish someone would have told me these things"........well, TURFCO did............nobody else. I hope you respect TURFCO's honesty, cuz others may not have been up front with you. BTW you are welcome to demo our unit anytime if you get up this way.

"For those details, you'll have to appeal to him". You & I know this is nonsense. Bob is always helpful, upfront and honest.

"This machine sounds like it will be awesome for those of you who are treating ACRES at a time".......We have used this unit mostly on lawns 8000 - 28,000 sq ft. Smallest was 4000 sq ft. Largest (so far) was 385,000 sq ft. Mostly we're using it on lawns above 8500 sq ft cuz the rest of the guys need something to do.:laugh:

We have used this TURFCO on many rainy days now, when we would normally be shut down trying to use a Z-Spray or PG. Wet grass = no prob. Up hills + down hills = no prob. Also no ruts or tearing up turf.

This unit has outperformed any other ride-on unit that we have ever tried. These include: Permagreens, Z-Sprays, and LESCO Z-Two sprayer/spreaders.

We will be selling (on Ebay) both our PG units as well as our Z-Two zero-turn. I think this speaks for itself. We will purchase another T-3000 TURFCO unit this year.

Finally, comments from my guys who has been using this NEW TURFCO unit:

"I never want to use a Permagreen ever again".

Bottom line -- call TURFCO if you want the best darn ride-on on the planet.:usflag: They're makin' 'em as fast as they can.

Rayholio
04-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Ok.. I thought this might happen...

and I'd love to argue the 'revolutionary' status of this machine, but that may require bringing up details about it that they don't want revealed yet.. bottom line, It drives, and applies using the same methods as all other machines.. maybe it's more stable.. maybe it's faster... maybe it's more durable.. But arn't those ALL things that the current machines are lacking? Logical upgrades.. not revolution.

The Thing has a 9ft turning radius... which is perfect for large areas, but useless for the small..

I told bob exactly what I've said here, that my average lawn is 15k, and he strait up told me that his machine is really designed for 30k and up.. I'm not making that up, those are his paraphrased words..

I mean no disrespect to the machine... construction sounds great, and the mechanical differences are worth noting... but not revolutionary.. especially to me..

for my 30K+ lawns I'm currently using a grasshopper 721D with prolawn spray shield, which can do everything that their machine can (and more) with the exception of fitting in a small gate.. and I would argue that reguardless of their great innovations, I'll get a lot more sq ft out of my grasshopper than that machine will before it needs to be replaced..

Just my opinion... I mean no disrespect intended.. sounds like a great machine.. but it's not for EVERYONE..

Real Green
04-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Let me quickly help those questioning the new unit's small lawn capabilities. Yesterday one of my technicians went to a 55 and older community in which we have well over 50 accounts. The size of the lawns range from 3500 to 5000 square feet. He treated 43 lawns yesterday with the new unit and that included all his paper work.

On another note: Larry, when my technician returned from having the pleasure of running the new unit for a full route earlier in the week he said, "If you ever put me on a PG again, I'll quit..." :laugh:

Rayholio
04-26-2008, 11:20 AM
If this is true.. why did bob.. the main man, tell me that it was designed for large properties, and would be a waste for me to have it?

again.. 9 ft turning radius..

heritage
04-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Anyone reading this thread.....let me give you some insight.

First of all, this unit IS revolutionary. It has improved technology that nobody else has. It was built from the ground up and perfected over a four year time span. It is now available to test drive in MANY states and MANY parts of the Country. This unit is totally different from anything else. TURFCO is now building more everyday.

Turfcobob was here yesterday, and he told us about an individual inquiring about this new unit. This guy stated he had a fairly small number of accounts, and his largest lawn was 15,000 sq ft. For this reason, Bob said a ride-on unit was not needed......nomatter what brand. Was this guy you, Rayholio?

"I wish someone would have told me these things"........well, TURFCO did............nobody else. I hope you respect TURFCO's honesty, cuz others may not have been up front with you. BTW you are welcome to demo our unit anytime if you get up this way.

"For those details, you'll have to appeal to him". You & I know this is nonsense. Bob is always helpful, upfront and honest.

"This machine sounds like it will be awesome for those of you who are treating ACRES at a time".......We have used this unit mostly on lawns 8000 - 28,000 sq ft. Smallest was 4000 sq ft. Largest (so far) was 385,000 sq ft. Mostly we're using it on lawns above 8500 sq ft cuz the rest of the guys need something to do.:laugh:

We have used this TURFCO on many rainy days now, when we would normally be shut down trying to use a Z-Spray or PG. Wet grass = no prob. Up hills + down hills = no prob. Also no ruts or tearing up turf.

This unit has outperformed any other ride-on unit that we have ever tried. These include: Permagreens, Z-Sprays, and LESCO Z-Two sprayer/spreaders.

We will be selling (on Ebay) both our PG units as well as our Z-Two zero-turn. I think this speaks for itself. We will purchase another T-3000 TURFCO unit this year.

Finally, comments from my guys who has been using this NEW TURFCO unit:

"I never want to use a Permagreen ever again".

Bottom line -- call TURFCO if you want the best darn ride-on on the planet.:usflag: They're makin' 'em as fast as they can.

ALawn,

Is this all wheel drive??

Pete

zimmatic
04-27-2008, 09:56 AM
I have seen the machine! IMO Revolutionary NO Innovative YES. FAR BETTER than what is currently out there YES. As with any machine over time it will be the quite possibly the gold standard. It does raise the bar for everyone else manufacturing ride on spreader sprayers. American, I can see why your employess say what they do. The wear and tear on a persons body has been significantly reduced.

TLS
04-27-2008, 10:10 AM
I was wondering what TURFCO is doing to improve traction. As Pete asked....are they all wheel drive?

Without trudging outside and driving mine around, what is the turning radius of a Permagreen?

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-27-2008, 01:18 PM
At this point, unless it's remote control operated from the comfort of my living room, it's gonna be anticlimactic. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Rayholio
04-27-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't know if anyone will give up info about traction control openly.. I'd love to.. but I don't want to step on any toes... PM bob

Tscape
04-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Blah, blah, blah. Seems like a ******ed way to unveil a new machine. "Here's our new machine, talk about it, but don't really say anything. Keep it Top Secret and it will really create a buzz. Hell, we've been sitting on it for four years, what's another year or two. Maybe we can create such a buzz that people will buy them sight unseen"

jbturf
04-27-2008, 03:58 PM
two things i like about the permagreen are
1. it has a very tight turning radius(which is very important to me
and the types of properties i treat and how they are treated)

2. it does no damage to the turf--of course this has to do with
the operator as well--but bottom line, i can operate it in dry or wet
conditions and on flat or hilly property and cause zero damage to the
turf

these are just a couple of many criteria

but of all the machines i have operated , i can only say this
about the permagreen

will this new turfco contraption be as good or even better in these areas,
and how so?

billyc
04-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Tscape,

You nailed it and it looks like ameri-something is loosing it. He must be sleeping with this thing.

americanlawn
04-27-2008, 05:58 PM
ALawn,

Is this all wheel drive??

Pete

Hi Pete.....all-wheel drive?... I cannot reveal this quite yet. I can tell you that we have treated lawns on 40 degree slopes with this unit. No tire spinning , and we are not having to chase the machine downhill.:laugh: We even used this unit on rainy days when other ride-ons would have been shut down for the day. PM turfcobob or call TURFCO for more info. Just ask to demo one........these units are not secret anymore, just limited availability for now, but that will soon change. Get on their list. You will be amazed with what it can do.

Our unit will replace all of our PG's as well as our LESCO Z-two unit. We planned to purchase a Z-Spray unit, but the TURFCO machine outperforms them. This is why we plan to buy a second TURFCO unit soon. Hope this helps.

Rayholio
04-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Blah, blah, blah. Seems like a ******ed way to unveil a new machine. "Here's our new machine, talk about it, but don't really say anything. Keep it Top Secret and it will really create a buzz. Hell, we've been sitting on it for four years, what's another year or two. Maybe we can create such a buzz that people will buy them sight unseen"

I'm with ya bro.. seems ******ed to me too..

I didn't come up with the marketing strategy, nor do I support it. Bob didn't make me vow to not talk about it, in fact we didn't even speak as to confidentiality at all..

I'm just going with the flow, bob was VERY nice, VERY informative about the new machine, and helpful as well.. So out of respect, I will not be the one to blow the lid off of this in public forum. at the same time, I want everyone to know that this isn't the be-all end-all of machines... even this one can be improved upon.

I will say that they have good reason to not be marketing it, if what I was told is true... They can not physically make them fast enough to keep up with pre-sale demand, and if you decided you wanted one today, it would likely be next season before you could get one.. They're also personally training new owners on site, and using them as 'beta testers'.. and the 'secracy' thing is probably just so that they can have an 'official' unveiling at a later date.. maybe create some excitement for that day.. that's my best guess

So, Please contact bob if it's really that important to you.. You could have been in the know by now if you REALLY cared..

sprayboy
04-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Tscape, I totally agree.

If I understand these posts correctly, this wonder machine has a 9' turning radius and it is being used on 4000ft2 lawns, what a joke.

This might go down as the biggest mystery of the century. Maybe we should call in cnn or fox news, heck this needs to go international.

Jeez, by the time this thing comes out I will be retired and i'm only 45 now.

Grass Happens
04-27-2008, 11:51 PM
its called guerrilla marketing, and you all are doing a fine job of it for turfco. :)

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Gorillas? Really? Is there a minimum wage rule for them? Don't they weight more, though? Won't that negatively affect the lifespan of the units? And what about hair in the sprays? That might require additional work to clean the nozzles...

ted putnam
04-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Gorillas? Really? Is there a minimum wage rule for them? Don't they weight more, though? Won't that negatively affect the lifespan of the units? And what about hair in the sprays? That might require additional work to clean the nozzles...

I only hire lawn "monkey's" Gorrillas eat too much!:laugh::laugh:

heritage
04-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Hi Pete.....all-wheel drive?... I cannot reveal this quite yet. I can tell you that we have treated lawns on 40 degree slopes with this unit. No tire spinning , and we are not having to chase the machine downhill.:laugh: We even used this unit on rainy days when other ride-ons would have been shut down for the day. PM turfcobob or call TURFCO for more info. Just ask to demo one........these units are not secret anymore, just limited availability for now, but that will soon change. Get on their list. You will be amazed with what it can do.

Our unit will replace all of our PG's as well as our LESCO Z-two unit. We planned to purchase a Z-Spray unit, but the TURFCO machine outperforms them. This is why we plan to buy a second TURFCO unit soon. Hope this helps.

Thanks americanlawn.

Will look into one for my next spreader :)

Pete

LushGreenLawn
04-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Matt (Real Green) was nice enough to let me come over to his shop to check put the new unit.

To be fair, I have never owned a Ride On. I don't yet have enough customers to justify purchasing something new.

Because of my passion for the industry, and looking ahead for when I to have enough customers to justify the purchase, I have looked at every ride on that I believe is currently being made.

Having said that, I would choose the T3000 over everything else that is currently on the market. I will not go into details, I will let the four that own the machine to the talking. I will say that it seems to ave all the bases covered, I can not think of another feature that I would want on a ride on.

As far as the 9ft turning radius. I service some pretty small lawns, and can not think of one of them that is not at least 18 ft wide. You could cover an 18 ft wide front yard in two passes with this machine.

Thanks Matt, for taking the time to show me this machine and talk with me earlier.

Grandview
04-28-2008, 06:51 PM
From the specs I have seen I think the tanks and hopper are small.

Tscape
04-28-2008, 07:11 PM
How about this: until one of you can tell us what makes this machine so REVOLUTIONARY, why don't you just STFU about it? This is stupid and ridiculous. As for the GUERRILLA MARKETING, I agree, and I am consciously reacting negatively to counteract what I see as a cheap publicity stunt that has succeeded in doing nothing but pissing me off.

lawnangel1
04-28-2008, 08:07 PM
How about this: until one of you can tell us what makes this machine so REVOLUTIONARY, why don't you just STFU about it? This is stupid and ridiculous. As for the GUERRILLA MARKETING, I agree, and I am consciously reacting negatively to counteract what I see as a cheap publicity stunt that has succeeded in doing nothing but pissing me off.

Well said. I keep getting more and more turned off.

CHARLES CUE
04-28-2008, 08:22 PM
This mystery machine reminds me of my sons girl Friend.Spirit you can talk to her but theres allways a reason why they cant meat and they live less than a hour apart I guess 25 years old dont make you smart
Charles Cue

heritage
04-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Time will tell on this one guys.

I like to think the glass is half full....not half empty.

Let's hope this machene is the best.

Pete

Rayholio
04-28-2008, 08:49 PM
the only thing keeping you in the dark is yourself...

contact bob, or go on with your life until it becomes public knowedge..

sprayboy
04-28-2008, 09:05 PM
I think Turfco is getting more bad publicity out of this than good. If that is how they market their products I would NEVER buy anything from them.

This will probably go down as one of the biggest hoax's of the world.

dcgreenspro
04-28-2008, 10:24 PM
I took americanlawn's advice (not to me but to everyone in general) and contacted turfco. Bob was very informative about this new machine and was even able to send some info. The problem I have is that I need a machine now but unfortunately, the turfco machine wouldn't be available until the middle of the summer, I think?
American, do you think I should wait to at least see this thing and suffer through the summer pushing lawns and backpacking or buy a Z?

deltascapes
04-28-2008, 10:32 PM
I e-mailed turfco yesterday, they e-mailed me back saying Bob will get in contact with me and answer any questions i Have and send me some information. I am very interested. And for the haters you are just jealous that you weren't asked.

Cooter
04-29-2008, 02:40 AM
What's this new thing gonna cost?

Tscape
04-29-2008, 07:36 AM
And for the haters you are just jealous that you weren't asked.

Yeah, right.

kbrashears
04-29-2008, 09:00 AM
And for the haters you are just jealous that you weren't asked.
That's ridiculous.

Furthermore, I will never buy a product fresh off the design and assembly line that doesn't have a couple of years of real world testing in many different climate zones. Four or five testers and their feedback just isn't going to cut it with me. How do I know they aren't shills for Turfco? I want a report from Dave in Florida, Mike in New York, Tom in Denver, Becky in California, Jerry in Minnesota, etc...

Real Green
04-29-2008, 09:30 AM
That's ridiculous.

Furthermore, I will never buy a product fresh off the design and assembly line that doesn't have a couple of years of real world testing in many different climate zones. Four or five testers and their feedback just isn't going to cut it with me. How do I know they aren't shills for Turfco? I want a report from Dave in Florida, Mike in New York, Tom in Denver, Becky in California, Jerry in Minnesota, etc...

Actually the prototypes have been used, tested, and tried in numerous climate zones, various universities, and by countless companies over the past 4 years. This is the acutal production model. Feel free to contact Bob from Turfco for more information.

kbrashears
04-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Actually the prototypes have been used, tested, and tried in numerous climate zones, various universities, and by countless companies over the past 4 years. This is the acutal production model. Feel free to contact Bob from Turfco for more information.

Then why is it as much of a secret as El Chupacabra? I want a list. I want to see who has used it. I don't want to hunt down someone. I want them to come to us.

Rayholio
04-29-2008, 10:21 AM
You know,what amazes me, is that of the people who HAVE talked to bob, no one has spilled the beans about this machine on here.. I've probably came the closest in fact.. I would love to see that happen, because I think the secracy is crap too..

I guess (like me) after talking to bob, everyone feels that these are genuinly good people at turf-co, and regardless of their machine, and marketing, they are worthy of respect..

For everyone else, If you have enough time to get on here and gripe about the info not being public, then you have enough time to pick up the phone, and call bob.. It's sheer lazyness, and I'm amazed that you people are in business with this level of lazyness and pessimisim..

americanlawn
04-29-2008, 06:29 PM
What's this new thing gonna cost?

$8495. And might I say, it is worth every penny. You are welcome to check out ours. We're in Des Moines.:usflag:

JLC
04-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Larry,

I'll be at Saylorville camping this weekend if you will be around the shop... Pm me if you like. I'm wondering how it compares to our Z Spray.

Ben