PDA

View Full Version : What do you call it "soil test" or "soil analysis"?

lawncuttinfoo
04-11-2008, 06:30 PM
When selling to a customer what do you call it a "soil test" or a "soil analysis"?

heritage
04-11-2008, 06:45 PM
"Certified Soil Test"

Pete

lawncuttinfoo
04-11-2008, 07:02 PM
"Certified Soil Test"

Pete

certified by whom?

RAlmaroad
04-11-2008, 07:10 PM
A "Soil Analysis" can be made by anyone. You've heard "This soil will grow good corn" That's an opinion. An analysis can be "this soil if "sandy", "loamy", "just red clay", "just Pitiful" All opinions! What I'm saying is that an analysis is not a test. So probably "Soil Test" could be more accurate. The most accurate is "Soil Test Analysis".
I know a lot of BS, but when you hear it talked so much something begins to rub off.
I defer to vote, like Obama, If he's the democratic candidate, then my vote will be for Ralph Nader.

Turfdoctor1
04-11-2008, 08:45 PM
if you have to worry about whether you call it a soil test or soil analysis, you probably have more customer problems than just that.

Does it really matter?

lawncuttinfoo
04-11-2008, 10:00 PM
I have always used "test".

I just thought analysis may sound better to the customers, even though when I hear analysis I think if the chemlawn junk mail I get that says "we have already analyzed you lawn and know what it needs" with a pic of a guy pinching 5 blades of grass looking at it like it it from mars.

tremor
04-11-2008, 11:08 PM
I prefer "analysis" when actually consulting the customer. The "test" is done by the lab. Your analysis of the test results is what the customer benefits from.