PDA

View Full Version : Website up looking for a bashing

cspaugh
04-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Well let it rip, give me some honest opinions www.earthworxlm.com

griffinz
04-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Looks good! I like the top logo... but I think you should change the color of the box on the home page (or get rid of the box all together)... it is very busy and takes away from the nice logo.

Joe

cspaugh
04-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks griff, Im not to far from you.

griffinz
04-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks griff, Im not to far from you.

Yeah, I saw that! :laugh:

I am looking to get started within the next week. I am printing flyers in the morning and then hitting the subdivisions... in the rain :rolleyes:

As I saw in the other post.... you got any customers you want to send my way!?!? :hammerhead:

cspaugh
04-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Dont really know to many folks out that way, but if I get any calls for that area I will send them to ya:)....Think you could do the same this direction?:drinkup:cheers

griffinz
04-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Dont really know to many folks out that way, but if I get any calls for that area I will send them to ya:)....Think you could do the same this direction?:drinkup:cheers

You bet! Will do! :waving:

Jb3NH
04-12-2008, 02:24 AM
Just my opinion....

Not a bad site commin along needs work.. Logo is really professional

Use this code to create a mailto.
It'll open up whomevers default mail program, like... Outlook

I'm not sure if posting html is going to work via messageboard reply but put this code into your "source code" or what it is that frontpage calls it..

<p><font color="#33cc00">&nbsp;<font face="Georgia" size="5"><strong><a title="" href="mailto:earthworxlm@hotmail.com">Email Us</a></strong></font></font></p>

Contact me if you need a resend...

I like the opening page, but i wouldn't use it as a 'Home' i'd build something that gives a general overview with a nice graphic and your logo resized larger. And a Statement. I like how your marketing yourself. I'd show some large gardens maybe a couple pictures of homes and or gardens, or even some easy to read over head design sketches.

I'd open up your page width.. about 800px is safe for all monitors. 780 is standard for banners.

You already own http://www.earthworxlm.com/ why not set up a email address through the server instead of your hotmail account.

You got some work cut out for you, but from i'm looking at you have the skeletal structure in place, and thats good.

I just finish my website www.jbcolandscape.com (http://www.jbcolandscape.com) about a week ago. I'd definately take your thoughts on it good bad, whathaveyou.

If you need any help resizing your images give me a shout.

(( i'm thinking of getting into website design and development and marketing as a side buisness))

Jb3NH
04-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Just a quick note note, i really like how easy it is to navigate. When i was talking about the homepage, the one with the map. I'd keep that but maybe use something elce as your 'insite' home page. Keep up the good work.

John

cspaugh
04-13-2008, 08:42 AM
thanks for the comments, guess I need to do a little work still. It is a work in progress:weightlifter:

cspaugh
04-15-2008, 10:46 PM
updated a little, still in the works [URL="http://earthworxlm.com"]

cspaugh
04-15-2008, 10:47 PM
sorry earthworxlm.com

cspaugh
04-15-2008, 10:48 PM
ok forgot how to make it link, go to the linkin post #1, sorry for my pain in the a$$

B & B Yardscape
04-18-2008, 09:26 AM
I like the logo. I like the HOME page being kind of like a Welcome or Enter here page.

I clicked on About Us and it took forever to down load. Yes, I'm using dial up, but so do a lot of custeroms. The reason is that the BODY of your page is an image. You have to make the words words and the pics pics.

I like the grass back ground. But if the only way to have the grass and be able to read the text is to make the text a picture, then I would change it.

I can see them and use them, but I would make the links to other pages larger.

I just clicked on Services and I don't have that kind of time to wait for it to load and I would suppect potential customers don't either.

Jb3NH
04-19-2008, 05:59 PM
The Grass in the backround is really nice! Took a little while to load it up with my DSL connection, but worth the wait

Isobel
05-09-2008, 02:12 PM
I like the logo, but none of the links worked for me.

also, you're background image took a while to download and res

Qland
06-18-2008, 04:50 AM
took a while to load up. you're using too many images instead of code. It slows down your site. some links do not work, and a lot of staff is not lining up.
check them if you need proffesional help www.qcomputerservices.com (very affordible)

Team-Green L&L
06-20-2008, 11:41 AM
You wanted a critical opinion so here goes;

1. Your index image is so large that it takes several seconds to load on DSL. That will create a very high "bounce" rate.

2. You have a 900 px layout that forces users with 800 px screens to scroll over to even see your site navigation.

3. The box-shaped buttons and Courier font are not appealing.

4. There is little to judge by way of content on your site.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE INTERNET GUYS...CONTENT MEANS CONTENT THAT IS USABLE FOR EVERYONE! Don't build a print ad on the internet, build an informative site that suggests your company as the service provider the user would like to use to address the situations discussed in your informative content.

zemzabob
06-20-2008, 12:25 PM
I love the home page logo but the "about us" and the "pic page" buttons need work they look kinda cheap but other then that it looks good.