PDA

View Full Version : Everyone likes free stuff...

griffinz
04-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Not sure how many of you are familiar with OpenOffice software. It is the equal to Microsoft Office... and it is free... no catch, no spyware.

I know how expensive things can get when you are starting up, as I am wanting to start up this season and it is getting EXPENSIVE :dizzy:.

Anyway it has the following...

word processing
spreadsheets
presentations
graphics
databases and more

And the best thing (besides being free) is that it opens and saves Microsoft files!!!:clapping:

This should save you a few hundred dollars! :laugh:

http://www.openoffice.org/

Regards,

Joe

cspaugh
04-11-2008, 09:20 PM
thanks for the tip, yea everyone likes free stuff.....I will have to check this out

griffinz
04-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Here is a nice FREE photo editor... easy to use. You can use it to change the size of your pictures too.

http://photofiltre.free.fr/download_en.htm

cgaengineer
04-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Just make sure you set the default "save as" as standard Microsoft file types or when you email a doc it wont open as its open document exchange or something along those lines. I install this software on an machine I build for someone or if they dont have MS Office...program works pretty well actually.

LushGreenLawn
04-11-2008, 10:57 PM
I love my open office. When I got to the point that I wanted to do more complicated things in the spreadsheet and advanced mailmerge, I found a part of their site that will explain how to do anything. I learned alot from it.

Jay Ray
04-12-2008, 02:34 PM
I bought Word Perfect Office 11 five years ago for $13. But I'm an antiquated guy and started out with Lotus 1-2-3 in the early 80's at work and then they came out with Symphony. I can make WP Office do anything I need but would guess most people couldn't stand it these days. Open Office is probably much better.

Dunn's
04-12-2008, 02:48 PM
thanks for the tip, yea everyone likes free stuff.....I will have to check this out

All the way.

Also I looked at your profile and you are exactly to the day 10 years older then me.

Lead the way.