PDA

View Full Version : Bell photo cell q

Mike M
04-11-2008, 10:00 PM
I was servicing a property with a Bell photocell and a Nightscaping transformer.

The transformer has a timer inside, and the transformer's power cord is plugged into the Bell unit.

How can this be? Won't the timer fail to keep time this way??? Seems to me I need the customer to chose between the photo cell or the timer, not both (at least not with this particular Bell photocell).

Can anyone tell me more about the Bell photo cell device? It seems a little old.

Also, regarding Nightscaping power centers with a toggle switch that says "test"... I assume "test" just simply means "on" (bypassing the timer)?

Thanks.

moonlighting
04-11-2008, 10:43 PM
hi Mike, you are correct regarding the powercenter being pluged into the photocell.. it will inturupt the power to the timer. depending on which timer is installed it may have battery back up that is keeping it operating every night.

the test switch overrides the timer or whateve other modual is installed.

Nightscaping has many moduals that you can install in it, including a photocell if you still want it. i would recomend installing the Control Pro - T-SS-PS: The Digital Power Switch operates from a solar calendar specific to your local area. in other words it knows when it is dark every day. a very handy timer!!

Jason

Mike M
04-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks!

I like your logo. Very nice.

moonlighting
04-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks Mike, i like your also.

Jason