PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on daycare bid

johnnybravo8802
04-11-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm bidding on a daycare here in my hometown. I estimate it taking me 1.5 hrs to mow, weedeat, edge, and blow(including parking lot). Across the front are around 15+ shrubs. It's an easy mow with small squares of turf divided by walkways + a little pushmowing. The owner also has his personal home and a couple of rentals I'll probably get If he likes my price. I'm thinking around $200/month. Any opinions?

Big Bad Bob
04-12-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm bidding on a daycare here in my hometown. I estimate it taking me 1.5 hrs to mow, weedeat, edge, and blow(including parking lot). Across the front are around 15+ shrubs. It's an easy mow with small squares of turf divided by walkways + a little pushmowing. The owner also has his personal home and a couple of rentals I'll probably get If he likes my price. I'm thinking around $200/month. Any opinions?

How many mows/month?

johnnybravo8802
04-12-2008, 11:07 PM
I usually mow once/wk. during growing season for 9 months and every two wks. during off season(3 months). It equals out to 42 visits a yr. I can probably fudge some of the mowings in the fall and when it's dry this summer but it's still 42 visits.

Rcgm
04-12-2008, 11:16 PM
I think it is a little to cheap. Break it down some months there are five weeks in a month. But just figure 4 . So you are grossing 50 dollars a week now take in your gas,taxes and everything else. When you get 5 cuts a month you are only making 40 a cut after taxes and gas you are walking with about 20 dollars for 1.5 hours of work. Just my two cents.

P.S don't want to come off wrong but if you do a contract with them change the weedeating to trimming sounds better.

RCGM
Brad

Big Bad Bob
04-13-2008, 12:14 AM
I think it is a little to cheap. Break it down some months there are five weeks in a month. But just figure 4 . So you are grossing 50 dollars a week now take in your gas,taxes and everything else. When you get 5 cuts a month you are only making 40 a cut after taxes and gas you are walking with about 20 dollars for 1.5 hours of work. Just my two cents.

P.S don't want to come off wrong but if you do a contract with them change the weedeating to trimming sounds better.

RCGM
Brad

Hey. That's $13.33 an hour. Better than McDonalds. Oh wait. McDonalds provides the equipment don't they and you provide yours. Better'd figure in wear and tear on the equipment. :dizzy:

johnnybravo8802
04-13-2008, 08:15 PM
So, what price would you do it for?

capetan
04-13-2008, 10:26 PM
if iam at a property for an hour then at least $50 bucks, so 1.5 hours $75 give or take, no less than 260 a month, maybe 250 if he hooks you up with additional properties, you would definitely under price yourself and the competition at 200 a month

johnnybravo8802
04-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks. That's what I came up with when I reworked it. However, if I hustled, I may be able to do it in an hour. I try to consider the off season also. Here in Ga, 5 months out of the yr may be spent doing just blowing and a little brush-up work. It may take only 30 mins. to do that and then I'm making $100/hr. even if I only charge $50/cut during the growing season. The turf is centipede so it won't be doing anything except during the warm months.

Big Bad Bob
04-14-2008, 05:11 AM
if iam at a property for an hour then at least $50 bucks, so 1.5 hours $75 give or take, no less than 260 a month, maybe 250 if he hooks you up with additional properties, you would definitely under price yourself and the competition at 200 a month

ditto. That is, site unseen of course.