PDA

View Full Version : Just Built it myself, I need some Feedback Pos or Neg

Jb3NH
04-12-2008, 01:57 AM
Took me a while, alot of coffee and sittin on my rear, but i finally got something up.

If you have a chance, take a look JBCo.Landscape.com (http://www.jbcolandscape.com)

I'll definately take some your comments. My design is not the standard format.

( i tried to merge two business together under the same name )

Thank you,

John Brackett

Bill S
04-12-2008, 08:05 PM
I didn't dive too deep into your site but I thought the brick background made reading your text on the homepage a bit difficult. Maybe make the text box a dark color with light lettering to block out the brick background would be easier on the eyes?

B & B Yardscape
04-18-2008, 08:12 AM
I just sent you an email. I forgot to put in a Subject, so if you didn't get it, let me know and I will resend it.

Good Luck

Isobel
07-20-2008, 09:40 PM
i would personally make your logo smaller, it seems to take up the entire page, and I can't really focus on anything else on the page.

Turf Troll
07-20-2008, 09:50 PM
On every page I put a call to action-what I want the reader to do,

Personally I want the reader to call me, so I put the phone number where they can see it prominently on the page and again if they need to scroll down,

at least by the time it's on the first page of a search,

Good Luck

Isobel
07-20-2008, 09:59 PM
hey Turf, are the Tampa sites in your sig line your sites? b/c I can't find a phone number on any of those pages... ;)

Turf Troll
07-21-2008, 05:54 AM
hey Turf, are the Tampa sites in your sig line your sites?

Well I put them up - but not for me,

b/c I can't find a phone number on any of those pages

I would look at both and say "you couldn't find a phone number on one site";)
see what I mean about having the phone number at the top as the page opens - because the the phone number is below the fold in red 4 times on the one site - go figure you missed that

at least by the time it's on the first page of a search

and I didn't realize that they were on the first page of a search

but thanks for the interest

Isobel
07-21-2008, 06:14 AM
Maybe its the way Safari loads the page, but this is what I see, and I don't see a phone number even on the contact page.

Turf Troll
07-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Please excuse me Jb3NH, I have no idea why Isobel wants to make this about the sites in my sig line,

Isobel-

you must not be able to understand what I write.

I would look at both and say "you couldn't find a phone number on one site"

see what I mean about having the phone number at the top as the page opens - because the the phone number is below the fold in red 4 times on the one site - go figure you missed that

and I didn't realize that they were on the first page of a search

So if you want to prove something - prove something to someone who ask for your opinion or help,

Jb3NH asked for input NOT me, again my apologies Jb3NH for having your thread go off your request/topic

see if safari shows you the FOUR phone numbers in RED on the other site, if not who cares anyway,

it doesn't make what I am saying any less valid about a call to action and putting it where people can see it without searching,

and there are a lot of sites that I don't have every detail correct all the time,

and again,
"at least by the time it's on the first page of a search"

Isobel
07-21-2008, 06:04 PM
wow. relax. really.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I'm just saying I could find a phone number on the sites.

Also, its true, I can't understand what you write because you write in run-on sentences.

I never once said your point wasn't valid. It is valid, however the two sites in your sig line just don't have phone numbers anywhere, and I was just wondering why that was the case. I realize that you didn't ask for input, but that's not going to stop me or anyone else from asking a simple question.