PDA

View Full Version : Starting lawn care business

lo04chevy
04-12-2008, 06:07 AM
I have experience in cutting my own lawn. Hardly anyone in my area cutting grass. I have a murray riding mower, weedeater and blower. This is equipment is farely old. Would I be ok for a couple of months and then purchase something nicer? I don't have the funds to buy 2k plus new equipment.

Frue
04-12-2008, 08:16 AM
you have to start somewhere.....

fool32696
04-12-2008, 10:46 AM
AMAZING!!!! An area where there's hardly anyone cutting grass? Is this area extremely rural and/or low income?

lo04chevy
04-12-2008, 12:25 PM
AMAZING!!!! An area where there's hardly anyone cutting grass? Is this area extremely rural and/or low income?

Maybe 2 or 3 lawn care services. Really isn't low inco. It is northeastern arkansas

lo04chevy
04-12-2008, 12:27 PM
you have to start somewhere.....

obviously.....................

:rolleyes:

Jay Ray
04-12-2008, 01:00 PM
The older Murrays actually left a nicer cut than the newer ones. Keep the blades sharp, resharpen every 8-10 hrs. Have something for a backup, even a 21", because your customers will be depending on you. The show must go on, you have to deliver the work product on time with good quality. "My equipment is in the shop" is no excuse.

Frue
04-12-2008, 08:27 PM
obviously.....................

:rolleyes:

you asked we answer. What do you want me to tell you your equipment is bunk and it wont make it commercially. Well there you go you will spend more trying to fix it then its worth you going out and making money.:hammerhead:

lo04chevy
04-12-2008, 09:02 PM
you asked we answer. What do you want me to tell you your equipment is bunk and it wont make it commercially. Well there you go you will spend more trying to fix it then its worth you going out and making money.:hammerhead:

exactly. i'm doing residential though.

jds720
04-12-2008, 09:11 PM
I bought the set up i have for 3grand. minus the echo and the kaw. The toro isnt comm. but it works and it will get me to the next stage, and it will pay for the new mower when that time comes. 3grand vs. 8grand plus? just starting out in a very tuff economy were our service can come in at a very distant second to food on the table of our customers, its doesnt hurt to start out small. starting out with a LOW over head is a plus! I have 11 grand total wrapped into mine, and itll pay its self off ater this summer hopefully!

Sunstate Lawn

Is that a joke?

Step one, get licensed.
Step two, get insured.
Step three, get business plan.

Frue

doesnt matter. Get yourself a toro 21 commercial and start from there.

lo04chevy
04-12-2008, 10:41 PM
doesnt matter. Get yourself a toro 21 commercial and start from there.

i forgot to mention i had craftsman walkbehind.

ALC-GregH
04-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Is that a joke?

Step one, get licensed.
Step two, get insured.

heck no it's not a joke. He is doing residential client's and should use a residential mower. :) :drinkup:

lo04chevy
04-13-2008, 12:30 AM
Is that a joke?

Step one, get licensed.
Step two, get insured.

heck no it's not a joke. He is doing residential client's and should use a residential mower.

wow. you're both rather funny. i'm laughing hystericaly over here.