PDA

View Full Version : landscape lighting is tanking

pete scalia
04-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Anyone within ear shot of this message take heed there is no work out there for you. Don't persue this . The economy is in the crapper. To be advertising for it would be to waste your money. Everyone is closing their doors from lack of bidness. The whole industry is drying up and will soon be gone. Thank you for listening. Try cutting grass I hear that business is still strong.
Regards-Petey S.

NightLightingFX
04-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Pete,
Who in the Hell are you? There is no evidence of your work. You have no website. Yet you seem to know a lot about outdoor lighting. I bet if you had some kind of portfolio to show your customers or a web site you wouldn't be loosing jobs to Greg Yale. If you are as good as you say you are wouldn't you like to share your work with people like us who would REALY appreciate it?

"You mention Greg Yale. Well you should be mentioning Pete Scalia. Pete Scalia doesn't go "flitting" around Long Island and Pete's loafers are not light if you get my drift. Pete put's Yale to shame every day of the week. I'm the big man out in the Hamptons not Yale. Put that in your pipe and smoke it."

Why should anyone in this forum give you any respect regarding the quality of your lighting portraits. We have no idea of what the "GREAT PETE SCALIA" can do. I have seen Greg Yales work - it is impressive. I have never seen Pete Scalia's work. Pete get some pictures of your work, Get a website and start flitting around Long Island. If you do that I am sure the bad economy will have no effect on Pete Scalia's outdoor lighting bidness.
~Ned

Mike M
04-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Anyone within ear shot of this message take heed there is no work out there for you. Don't persue this . The economy is in the crapper. To be advertising for it would be to waste your money. Everyone is closing their doors from lack of bidness. The whole industry is drying up and will soon be gone. Thank you for listening. Try cutting grass I hear that business is still strong.
Regards-Petey S.

He mocks me. I feel the pain.

sprinkler guy
04-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Lighting IS tanking! Business hasn't fallen off so much here I had to cut back to only 6 days a week. Christmas was tough too. I couldn't afford that Porche Carrera my wife wanted and had to downgrade her to a Boxster S. She said she still loved me and understood that times were tough.

seolatlanta
04-12-2008, 09:50 PM
I would say also that if you arent busy now then you should close up shop.

I had a guy who buys from me sell 5 jobs in 5 days here, 2 of them over 8k. So if your are in to the small stuff you should evacuate the premises.

Also with 24 volt coming, LEDs here and Christmas ( for those of you with balls enough to do it) lights (also LED) I would say run for the hills.

Who cares who Pete Scalia is-he is prolly some homeless guy living under a bridge in the Hamptons using a computer at the library down the street from Martha & P Diddy!

Mike M
04-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Pete is an anomaly. No display of social skills, but don't doubt his lighting experience.

Remember the Wizard of OZ? Hiding behind the curtain like a mad genius, but acting like a fool with no brains and no heart.

Man is a social animal by nature (Aristotle 2K BC). Isolation never works.

irrig8r
04-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Pete is an anomaly.

He resembles that remark..

NightScenes
04-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I'm feeling the pinch. I'm designing about 90k worth of projects this weekend and have two estates to visit tomorrow. I sure hope it picks up soon.:laugh:

Mike M
04-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Go, Paul!!

pete scalia
04-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I'm feeling the pinch. I'm designing about 90k worth of projects this weekend and have two estates to visit tomorrow. I sure hope it picks up soon.:laugh:

don't count your chickens before their hatched. When the money is in your bank account you can brag. 90 thousand. That's what I do in a month. Nothing to brag about here.

NightScenes
04-13-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm not braggin' just statin the facts man. I actually forgot about another job I'm workin' on.

pete scalia
04-13-2008, 08:32 PM
well you should be bragging. It works for me.

start2finish
04-13-2008, 09:39 PM
well you should be bragging. It works for me.

Hard to believe this isn't ignored.

irrig8r
04-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Hard to believe this isn't ignored.

Repeat after me, "Pete is an anomaly."

TXNSLighting
04-14-2008, 10:14 AM
pete you need to put up or shut up. show us one of your jobs. thats all we ask. otherwise your just bsin us all, and yourself.