View Full Version : 2008 setup

MOWEMJEFF
04-13-2008, 12:31 AM

Not pictured.....
echo-srm210
Redmax split shaft w/power broom and trimmer
Stihl ms-250 chainsaw
loadhandler(better then nothing)
Craftsman triwheel bededger(free and better then shovel)
Every hand tool imaginable

On the way....
Truck magnets
Trimmer racks
Blower rack

Wish list.....
F350 or 2500hd(04 or newer w/dump body)
Little wonder leaf vac
More customers:waving:

MysticLandscape
04-13-2008, 08:23 AM
What size trailer is that?

PORTER 05
04-13-2008, 12:30 PM
how is that husky deck mower working out , wat size is it, and how much about did you pay for it..

Lawn Enforcer
04-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Nice set-up- the Walker looks real good. What size trailer do you have?

MOWEMJEFF
04-13-2008, 06:19 PM
The trailer is 14x6.5, went with that because Maine doesn't require brakes on single axle trailers and it hold my mowers perfectly. The husky is a W4815 belt drive. I have the bagger for it too but its not that great, I discharge with it 95% of the time. It has been really reliable for me knock on wood. The kawasaki has all kinds of power and startes up first pull everytime. The one thing I don't like besides it being belt drive is the fixed deck, its been known to scalp here and there but once you get the hang of it you can guess when it will happen and avoid it. I got a really good deal, I bought it off a doctor for $1400 who used it to mow his one acre property and was the original owner. I'm getting a sulky for it soon to discharge some fields.

deere615
04-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Looks good, you guys got a good amount of snow left!

freshprince94
04-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Not knockin anyone but why does everyone on LS like Walkers?

BTW nice set-up.

Supper Grassy
04-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Nice set up

MOWEMJEFF
04-13-2008, 09:52 PM
That picture with the snow was actually about 25 days ago theres none now, it was the only close up I had.

And as for Walkers, I've also used Dixie choppers, grasshopper, exmark navigators and ummmmmmmm.....john deere rider but that dont really count soooo ya thats it. And out of those the only one I'd ever invest in is Walker, nicest bagging cut money can buy, I will say the Dixie is fun though if you have big fields. And the Navigator was pretty bad a$$ too but the belt used to come off every other day, and thats a pain.

KS_Grasscutter
04-13-2008, 09:59 PM

BTW nice set-up.

Because they are amazing:) No, seriously, they can't be beat if you are bagging on a regular basis, and the cut is second to none.

Your gonna want to back the Walker onto the trailer so the wind doesn't mess up the flap thingy on the GHS.

MOWEMJEFF
04-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Because they are amazing:) No, seriously, they can't be beat if you are bagging on a regular basis, and the cut is second to none.

Your gonna want to back the Walker onto the trailer so the wind doesn't mess up the flap thingy on the GHS.

Ya I was just thinking that today actually when I got on the highway, I was gonna throw a bungee cord on it but your method makes much more sense.:hammerhead:
Thanksssss

nosparkplugs
04-13-2008, 11:47 PM

BTW nice set-up.

Nice Walker, no matter what level your at the Walker just sets LCO apart. You love'em or absolutly hate the dam things.

My only regret was waiting 7 years to purchase My Walker mower. Depending on who chimes in the Walkers can take a beating on lawnsite. Thier are portions of the country that have such strict enviornmental laws, regarding the disposal of grass clipping that bagging is expensive. I have seen my profits grow since the Walker purchase. The Walker is always on the trailer, were as my larger 60" mower sits in storage until needed.

Trailer the Walker backwards
The grass flap is $250.00 when it gets broken off!! for trailering the Walker like that. Thats the last thing I was told before I drove off with my new Walker. The dealer made it clear thier not responsible for the grass flap.

TazLandscapes
04-14-2008, 12:00 AM
MOWEMJEFF. I have seen you before i just cant remember i believe it was So Portland.Are you already mowing.I am starting up next week a few of my places still have banking in there yard...Also What part of Portland you from.

Mike

flattoplawncare
04-14-2008, 12:21 AM
How do you like the redmax?

MOWEMJEFF
04-14-2008, 08:13 PM
MOWEMJEFF. I have seen you before i just cant remember i believe it was So Portland.Are you already mowing.I am starting up next week a few of my places still have banking in there yard...Also What part of Portland you from.

Mike

I've been working since friday nonstop, just put another 12 in today...started all my contract customer cleanups and thatching...I'm going to california for a week on saturday to help my aunt install some trees and shrubs at her new house/golfing for a few days all expenses paid vacation so I need a head start:walking:

Ya most of my accounts are in SP and Portland with a few out near 8 corners in scarboro. Whats the name of your company, if your lettered I've pobly seen you around. I think cause we're so close to the water we get less snow because 99% of it is gone.

WHIPPLE5.7
04-14-2008, 08:18 PM
What is your growing season there? When I watch the nations temps of the day it show Maine as always being so cold.

MOWEMJEFF
04-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Anything from zone 5 to zone 9 its crazy how different it can be in a 100 mile span....I'm right on the coast zone 7 been in the high 40s all week:)...we should be cutting grass around may 1st at least at the houses I thatch. Last frost date is may 10th this year according to the almanac, but I think the first full moon of may is before which is when I'll start planting my garden.

TazLandscapes
04-14-2008, 09:32 PM
I've been working since friday nonstop, just put another 12 in today...started all my contract customer cleanups and thatching...I'm going to california for a week on saturday to help my aunt install some trees and shrubs at her new house/golfing for a few days all expenses paid vacation so I need a head start:walking:

Ya most of my accounts are in SP and Portland with a few out near 8 corners in scarboro. Whats the name of your company, if your lettered I've pobly seen you around. I think cause we're so close to the water we get less snow because 99% of it is gone.

My trucks arent lettered yet.I have a Maroon/silver Dodge 2500 with a pos light on top.I am usually out there a couple times a week over on elm St friend of mine lives over there and i am doing the landlords property now.Next time i see you ill honk and wave.

mike

MOWEMJEFF
04-14-2008, 10:20 PM
My trucks arent lettered yet.I have a Maroon/silver Dodge 2500 with a pos light on top.I am usually out there a couple times a week over on elm St friend of mine lives over there and i am doing the landlords property now.Next time i see you ill honk and wave.

mike

Ya I got the red f150, I'll have my truck magnets by tomorrow hopefully so you can't miss me.