PDA

View Full Version : April Sales

Mike M
04-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Okay, here it is, one month later from the previous.

For me, biz is picking up, RSVP was good and I'll use it the next two times to see if it gets more effective with multiple exposures.

Lite4
04-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Biz is getting very good here too. With the warmer temps, people are beginning to think about summer outings at home.

Pro-Scapes
04-13-2008, 10:04 AM
no complaints here.

sprinkler guy
04-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Just got home from church. I say a prayer of thanks every Sunday for continueing to have more work than time to do it.

NightScenes
04-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Just got home from church. I say a prayer of thanks every Sunday for continueing to have more work than time to do it.

Same here, I thank God every day for blessing me with a career that I love and the workload to provide well for my family, those who work for me and charity.

MarkOlex
04-13-2008, 02:30 PM
April is way up. I thank God everyday that I can do something I love and make a living at it.

Pro-Scapes
04-13-2008, 03:40 PM
April is way up. I thank God everyday that I can do something I love and make a living at it.

Amen to that. I have been blessed time and time again my life and beaten the odds over and over again. God's the man with the plan.

greenbaylawns
04-13-2008, 03:44 PM
What recession? I think people are working more and don't have time for yards, don't want to, and just don't know how to

Chris J
04-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Well, I guess I'll be the only one to tell the truth.
So far, April has been sucking wind. New installations couldn't be any slower, but fortunatly it's a busy time for me so I'm kind of glad for the break. March, on the other hand, was a power-packed month. I really don't care if business doesn't pick up till June....I'm good til then.

TXNSLighting
04-14-2008, 09:06 AM
on the up and up here! weve already tripled from last year.

Mike M
04-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Chris, thanks for the honesty.

I get worried people might feel they have to post higher numbers just for status quo.

Chris J
04-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Mike, I think the majority of people on here claim higher earnings than they actually realize. Such a shame that people have such big egos to manage.

sprinkler guy
04-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Mike, I think the majority of people on here claim higher earnings than they actually realize. Such a shame that people have such big egos to manage.

My net earnings are definitely different than gross. Some jobs were nice to work on, came out well, and I'm proud of the finished product, but I wouldn't brag about the margin:hammerhead:. I'm only into my third calendar year in business doing full time lighting, so I'm getting better at managing costs. Percentage of growth looks great when you go from doing not much to staying pretty busy.

But I do have a big ego:laugh:.

Pro-Scapes
04-14-2008, 11:05 PM
I think we all have projects at one time or another that we sit there wondering where the margins went. Anyone who claims otherwise is either dishonest or lying to us.

We just did a project I would swear up and down was gonna take us 3 days but it ended up taking us 5 (partially due to high winds so lack of tree work) .:hammerhead: On the flip side I had a project set to take a day. We were packing the truck up by 1130am.

Your not alone Sean it happens to everyone from time to time.

I wish my gross was what I netted lol. That will be the day.:laugh:

The Lighting Geek
04-15-2008, 10:30 AM
I have definitely felt winter here. We just had our first 80 degree and usually we are seeing 90's already. It has been slower on the starting of jobs. I bid a lot of work, but no one seems in a hurry to start. I am hoping it will turn the corner in next couple of weeks. Sometimes it sucks being so close to the CA state capitol with all the negativity about the economy. I think we will beat last year, but we have had a slower start than I would have liked.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Things are very robust here. The sun is out, the temperatures are above freezing, the snow is melting and my phone is ringing off the hook! I now have 15 open contracts for outdoor installations booking us up to the end of July, as well as 4 full interiors under way. Full system service calls are backing up too with 27 now on the books.

All this and it is only mid-April!

Today I called an employment agency... time to get my installer a helper.

Lite4
04-15-2008, 11:07 PM
I just closed a landscaper screw up system I will be rewiring and another new system today. Things are progressing well. Lots of small jobs. Still waiting for a mega sizer though.

extlights
04-15-2008, 11:53 PM
We're definately slower than last year on new installs thus far, but the weather has played a big part in that. Our service contracts are up quite a bit from last year though so we're still getting the work. We did make a huge contact though so with those (which should amount to 10-12 projects) I'm feeling a little better about the year. :)