PDA

View Full Version : custom built collection system for ZTR

fastrunner
12-02-2001, 01:39 PM
hi, i have a 61 inch husqvarna ztr. I have the collection system with two 30 gallon trash cans and its a pain cause they fill up to fast. its only like 8 cu. ft. i think. I have drawn out on paper something that i might make, its a aluminum box that would be about 17 cu. ft. if i was to build it. I just need some other ideas or comments about your guys setup. Have any pics? thanks.

LAWNGODFATHER
12-02-2001, 06:25 PM
Already been done.

fastrunner
12-02-2001, 08:17 PM
thats nice but I would want something that would hold more leaves. I was thinking of making something around 16 cubic feet or so so i dont have to dump so often.

Premo Services
12-02-2001, 09:15 PM
[fastrunner] thats nice but I would want something that would hold more leaves. I was thinking of making something around 16 cubic feet or so so i dont have to dump so often.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
You want something bigger than the peco?????
Wow the weight of the wet leaves or grass wil have you doing wheelies!!!!! You will need some serious weight on the front of the mower, also could the front end handle the weight?

gene gls
12-02-2001, 09:37 PM
fastrunner,

You would have to make a trailer unit for a capacity of that size.

Gene

cantoo
12-02-2001, 10:27 PM
Anyone tried using a gas powered golf cart with the dumping box? I'm thinking of finding one and mounting my peco on it to see how it would work. I would have to make a snout for the front that had swival wheels on it to adjust height. They would be able to hold a large volume of leaves and have a decent travel speed.

beck
12-02-2001, 10:37 PM
Peco does have a 20(and 24 for that matter) cubic foot system but it is only sold for a few mowers.

Those mowers are:
Bunton BZT 3310
JD 900 and 1100
Ransome Jaguar 4000,6000,70000
JD 1400(for the 24c.f.) Out front cut

They also have larger ones with trailers

David Gretzmier
12-02-2001, 11:16 PM
I belive the peco is close to 14 cu. ft . I spoke to a local welder and he assured me he could build a model similar to my grasshopper metal 16 cu. ft bagger out of stainless steel for around 800 bucks. I already have the blower, but your existing blower should work. Dave g

John Gamba
02-26-2002, 12:33 PM
Go To www.trac-vac.com And Scan down to 1060 That's Your New Bagger. It's around 2500 Dollar's.
Johnny G.:cool:

kutnkru
02-26-2002, 01:20 PM
It seems as though every time you see someone either photographing a product or piece of equipment for sale they dont know how to position themselves/equipment so that we dont see the shadow of their head!!!

Is it really that difficult to find a suitable angle to keep your personal shadow out of the images your posting??? IMHO this borders on the level of novice. When I am looking to buy a product, I dont want to see the photographers shadows -LOL!!! I want to see crisp details of the items!!!

Sorry for getting away from the post but Im seeing more and more of this on "professional" sites advertising their products. As for the post if you put any more weight thanthose two cans on your machine I dont think unless your cutting Ok. flatlands that youd be safe. I ran a Z with two heavy cans this past fall and there were a few times that I backed out for fear of rolling.

beck
02-26-2002, 01:32 PM
It appears to me that the shadow is of the seat and the photographer. If you notice the other shadows they are all to the left indicating the sun is to the right.

But yes when I first started taking photos of my work and got the pictures back I noticed my shadow or even my reflection in a few of them. For example landscaping in front of a window gave a nice reflection of me taking the photo.

LAWNGODFATHER
02-26-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by kutnkru
It seems as though every time you see someone either photographing a product or piece of equipment for sale they dont know how to position themselves/equipment so that we dont see the shadow of their head!!!

Is it really that difficult to find a suitable angle to keep your personal shadow out of the images your posting??? IMHO this borders on the level of novice. When I am looking to buy a product, I dont want to see the photographers shadows -LOL!!! I want to see crisp details of the items!!!

Sorry for getting away from the post but Im seeing more and more of this on "professional" sites advertising their products. As for the post if you put any more weight thanthose two cans on your machine I dont think unless your cutting Ok. flatlands that youd be safe. I ran a Z with two heavy cans this past fall and there were a few times that I backed out for fear of rolling.

Mr. technical, and when have we ever seen a Kris White photo?

Dude that's a shadow of the seat.

GLS
02-26-2002, 08:02 PM
It's not for sale now, is it?

LAWNGODFATHER
02-26-2002, 08:08 PM

Is it really that difficult to find a suitable angle to keep your personal shadow out of the images your posting??? IMHO this borders on the level of novice. When I am looking to buy a product, I dont want to see the photographers shadows -LOL!!! I want to see crisp details of the items!!!.

And I did not post this for your veiwing pleasure.

I never claimed to be a professional photographer, but if you want to challenge me, I am up for the challange?

The game is a foot.

Is this one more to your liking?

http://www.lawngodfather.com/Dixie%202%20side.JPG

FrankenScagMachines
02-26-2002, 10:12 PM
LGF-
a few things wrong with yours:
flash shows too much on the hopper.
Equipment is dirty and scraped too much
too dark of a day, pick a little brighter time to take pics
take pics at an angle combination of front and one side, or rear and one side, not straight on. gives a better view of it all.
definately get some stripes in the pic for cryin' out loud!!

LAWNGODFATHER
02-26-2002, 10:33 PM
Is this one better I only had them a week and a half.

http://www.lawngodfather.com/Dixie%202%20front.JPG

beck
02-27-2002, 12:54 AM
From my original post
"It appears to me that the shadow is of the seat and the photographer"

the "and the photographer" should read "and NOT the photographer"

gogetter
02-27-2002, 01:54 AM
LGF and Oryan, I don't think Kris was talking about LGF's pic. I think he was talking about the pic of the 1060 on Trac-Vac's site.

Say it with me now.........ooooooohhhhh.
:p ;)

LAWNGODFATHER
02-27-2002, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by gogetter
LGF and Oryan, I don't think Kris was talking about LGF's pic. I think he was talking about the pic of the 1060 on Trac-Vac's site.

Say it with me now.........ooooooohhhhh.
:p ;)

I am saying it with you-----> ooooooohhhhh ooooooops

Thanks dude for settling this.

Sorry for jumping the gun on Kris. I guess I blended in the post after his also.

Come on Kris you left that vital part out LOL!!!! What's wrong with you??? LOL:angel:

Now I saw the head of the photographer on tracvacs site.

kutnkru
02-27-2002, 08:24 AM
It seems as though every time you see someone either photographing a product or piece of equipment for sale they dont know how to position themselves/equipment so that we dont see the shadow of their head!!! ...I guess when I post from now on I will HAVE to spell everything out (as recommended in the cheeep dethatcher thread) -LOL!!!

Gogetter is correct. I was referring to products for sale and equipment for sale. :rolleyes:

As far as the pics are concerned, Yes this spring I will be snapping some shots for all to see my shoddy workmanship -LOL!!! I am waiting to have my brother show me how to put the pics up as we speak because I have a few props to "discuss" to see how everyone would bid too!!!