PDA

View Full Version : detroit news

GreenStar
12-02-2001, 03:35 PM
for those in metro detroit there was an interesting article on torre and brugulio and contract corruption at metro airport. now if i recall there was a similar ordeal with i belive the city of warren dealing with the city's grounds contracts. from what i remember the owner of torre and brugulio made contrabutions to a city officals re-election fund which made the company inelegable. dont get me wrong torre has a stellar operation and you honestly cannot go one single day without seeing one of there big red truck's and 20' trailers. but this could be a new begining for alot of us. so all the commercial properties that tell you yeah they have been doing it for 10 years and you dont have shot may soon open there doors to new oppertunity. yes i'm probly just getting overwelmed with the idea that someday i will operate a large commercial firm, but this may be the shot in the dark were looking for.
thanks,

greenstar commercial groundskeeping

Runner
12-02-2001, 04:08 PM
I know they come all the way up to the Flint area, here, to do the GM Headquarters complex in Grand Blanc.

eskals
12-02-2001, 04:30 PM
Yep, Torre and Bruglio is a big time company, but they have had a few under the table deals as you say. On one hand, shame on T&B, but on the other hand if you want to work on government projects, you have to learn how to deal with corrupt politicians. Either way, its the taxpayers that are being taken advantage of.

IMHO, Warren has to be one of the most corrupt cities in Michigan.

Eric

Groundcover Solutions
12-02-2001, 05:21 PM
You can't go five feet hear in canton without seeing them. they do all the cities areas like along ford road and other places. They do tones of subdivisions hear too. i would love to get my hands on some of that work!!!!:D

Paradise Yard Service
12-03-2001, 01:18 AM
Such are the pros and cons of privatization! City and county of Honolulu does most of the highways and Gov't bldgs. Whichever system is put into effect, there will always be someone to get there palms greased.

Aloha,
P.Y.S.