PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my first waterfall...

Lawnworks
04-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Here are some pics of my first waterfall. It was actually a rebuild. The original one was leaking and looked terrible. We pretty much replaced everything... skimmer, biofalls, and built a waterfall. Constructive criticism welcome.

Lawnworks
04-13-2008, 05:15 PM

lawnmasters2006
04-13-2008, 05:16 PM
looks good...is that the home owner out there bugging u while u are doing the work? lol

bishoplandscape
04-13-2008, 06:02 PM
The black foam looks real natural and your logo looks just like the lawnsite logo. Other than the foam it looks good.

P.Services
04-13-2008, 06:41 PM
he will cut the foam off and it will look ok. haha i noticed that to about the logo

Lawnworks
04-13-2008, 07:15 PM
The black foam looks real natural and your logo looks just like the lawnsite logo. Other than the foam it looks good.

Isn't the foam supposed to turn natural algea looking? That is what my employee said that has been doing them for 3 years said anyway.

Lynden-Jeff
04-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Isn't the foam supposed to turn natural algea looking? That is what my employee said that has been doing them for 3 years said anyway.

It does but that is still way way way to much foam showing, id do some trimming.

TRBIGCREEK
04-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Any reason for the side skimmer location?

TR

Tadams
04-13-2008, 08:52 PM
That looks real good! What is the going price for a waterfall that size?

barefeetny
04-13-2008, 10:28 PM
lot of foam....too much rock....the screen or filter on top of the weir looks a little unnatural... so dos the perfectly flat coping on top of the skimmer.

i hope thats not too mean as i do like the use of the few big boulders around the feature and the big rock at the bottom of the pond.

keep plugging away I am starting a small pondless next week and will be hoping for some critique as well...i give you tons of credit for posting and wanting to get feedback... its the only way to truly get better at anything.

Nate

Nate

Lawnworks
04-13-2008, 10:43 PM
I will go back and trim the foam next week. I think yall are probably right. I will trim it back at least where the water doesn't hit it. The skimmer rock was customer's preference. The location of the skimmer was where it was placed before so we left it there. Is there an advantage to moving it to the back of the pond? Filter better?

Would you suggest putting rock on the grate on the biofall? What is the best way to make the top of the biofall natural?

I think the going price for a pond this size is 8-10k... I did this one for cost of material and labor.

mdvaden
04-15-2008, 08:44 PM
I tend to prefer less rock, but time will tell once enough shrubs are installed to make the visual transition.

Looks like it's in a good location for viewing.

Seems aquatic plants might be in the plan, seeing the different depths.

Looks pretty good.

Superior L & L
04-15-2008, 09:35 PM
I like the look of your truck

Lawnworks
04-15-2008, 09:44 PM
I think a couple bigger rocks mixed into the fall might have helped. What is the best way to hide the waterfall container?

I love my frr. I can haul my Cat 248 and dingo at the same time. A little over payload, but it has got the muscle and the stopping power w/ air assisted brakes... can't even really tell it is loaded when stopping.