PDA

View Full Version : Scotts Water sensitive advertising

wiseguyslawn
04-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Has anyone seen Scotts new advertising mimic? Are people actually believing this?

RigglePLC
04-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Seen it and I thought it was probably deceptive. Does this mean that they are including water absorbant polymers in their fert? What percent water can one save? Is there any independent data to back that up?

tlg
04-13-2008, 08:22 PM
I have seen this advertised and looked into it. Everything I have seen in this water smart fert brand is a bit confusing. One would think that this is some sort of a special fertilizer that would reduce your need to water your lawn or it provides some sort of way to retain water applied. The fact of the matter is it's really nothing more than a program of different cultural practices that we all have been practicing or telling our customers for years. Mow high, return clippings for moisture content, etc... It's more or less a politically correct, go green effort to promote water conservation. Nothing wrong with that. It's a noble cause and we should all practice good watering programs. The problem I see is the average homeowner buying this product is going to think he's getting a bag of tricks that will cut is need to water when in fact it's nothing more than a marketing program. Give me a break!