PDA

View Full Version : Calling clients before liquid app

wiseguyslawn
04-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Im going to start my round 2 app of liquid 3 way and curious if anyone calls there clients to turn of irrigation for that day or night. I don't want to a treat a yard and then have the irrigation pop on an hour later. How long is the minimum time frame before watering can take place?

RigglePLC
04-13-2008, 07:20 PM
We do not call. Most customers water about 4 am next day--so no problem. Two hours is usually enough for the herbicide to be absorbed.

tlg
04-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Believe me the last thing you ever want to promote is a call ahead program for any reason. The more time you or your office people spend on the phone it cost you money. They or you could be doing something way more productive. If you really think there is a potential conflict with your application time and the irrigation time educate your customer on watering and the effects on your application at the point of sale. In most cases the automatic sprinkler systems should have been set to go way before you get there.

LawnTamer
04-13-2008, 09:02 PM
We have many clients with dogs, kids, locked gates, and everyone here needs to irrigate. We send the invoice for the treatment 3 or 4 days before the application. The invoice tells them in big, red, bold print what day we are coming and asks them to have the dog in, gates unlocked and be sure sprinklers are not set to come on between 8am and 10pm that day. This has greatly reduced our call-backs and it also allows us to charge a trip-fee if a client repeatedly makes it impossible to spray by leaving a gate locked or pets in yard etc.

Clients who have pre-paid for the yr. get a postcard a few days before we come, again, it tells them when we will be there and has a list of add on services they can call to have us perform while we are there, like foundation sprays, shrub sprays etc. The increased revenue from add-ons more than covers the cost of printing and mailing the postcards.:waving:

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-14-2008, 02:14 AM
I do the same thing as LawnTamer. There are still a small # of idiots who fail to comply - but this method generally works well and saves on unwanted talk time...

LawnTamer
04-14-2008, 02:32 AM
What, you don't like chatting with the clients?:laugh:

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-14-2008, 02:34 AM
I want their money and their fawning adoration... but no idle chit chat.

LawnTamer
04-14-2008, 03:01 AM
I want their money and their fawning adoration... but no idle chit chat.

Fawning adoration? You been working shirtless with silver dollars taped to your nipples, hair blowing in the breeze again?

I just want their money and undying loyalty.....as in, "well honey, we can either pay the power bill, or keep the lawn guy." The logical response from the spouse, "we can always buy candles, no way we're getting by without the lawn guy."

whoopassonthebluegrass
04-14-2008, 03:03 AM
Ummmm... what hair?

LawnTamer
04-14-2008, 03:19 AM
Ummmm... what hair?

Yeah, that must have been me with the hair blowing in the wind. I swear on a Bible though, I have never taped silver dollars to my nipples, for mowing.

This sucks, it's past 1am, and I have 12 residentials, 14 duplexes and need to rebuild an edger and hire at least 1 preferably 2 employees all tomorrow. I may have found 1 employado though, he runs cross country so he may not be lazy.:laugh::laugh:

BTW, I did 25 apps Sat, 14 of them added Dormant oil for shrubs:usflag: That makes for a decent day $$$wise.