PDA

View Full Version : my latest toy for 2008

GrassmasterB
04-14-2008, 12:37 AM
i can't believe i waited so long to buy this mower. 2008 mt23 w/42'' deck, low pro tires, comfort seat, and speed-up kit. in the near future i'm adding the arm rest kit and height adjuster.

KS_Grasscutter
04-14-2008, 12:47 AM
AWESOME!!!!!! I can forsee myself getting a MTGHS 23 with a 48" or the new 52" GHS deck this fall. Definitely get the comfort seat and low-pros on mine too. Would LOVE to get the high dump, but since they are $3700 installed, I think I will pass for another year or maybe two lol.

Turf Dawg
04-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Looks great. Wish I would have took a picture of mine last year when it was all new and shiney. I wish I would have gotten the comfort seat. I did get the height adjusers and they are great. Congrats on a great mower.

oakhillslandscaping
04-14-2008, 09:10 AM
sweet mower, those are the bees knees

deere615
04-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Wow brand new, very nice mower

FinerCutslawnCare
04-15-2008, 12:19 AM
Not saying it is a bad buy, but why do people get these for there fleet? Just for the really high end yards or just something about them? I am not bashing you on your buy at all because it is a great looking mower but is it just there qaulity of cut or what? BTW buying a new mower is always the greatest feeling! Congrats!

pclawncare
04-15-2008, 03:09 PM
I dont know what type of grass you all have up there Finer but down here its almost all bermuda and walker are far superior to any other machine out there (except navigator) as far as cut quality and manuverability. If it was cutting cool season grasses i would probably go for a mid mount but for my market walkers are #1. BTW great looking mower but seriously spring for the height adjuster it is worth the 3 - 400 bucks it cost. I went a year with out one and will never never never go back to a deck without one.

GrassmasterB
04-15-2008, 04:02 PM
thanks everybody.

finercuts, its all about the finished product. i think ive seen every mower in my area. and ive run a few of them. currently i also have a toro wb and hustler mini z. and nothing cuts like a walker. yes, i did buy it for my high end residential yards as well as my own. its only used 3 days a week.

pclawncare, thanks for the feedback on the height adjusters. i gonna get them, i just have to put some money back in the bank. my only regret was not getting the all terrain tires. my dealer was going to swap them for free, since i all ready had the low pros, but i chickened out thinking they would be too aggressive.

Toad
04-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Nice lookin machine.

My question is why are so many things options on these mowers. ie, nice comfortable seat with armrests, speed increaser, and a deck height adjuster since when is that an option? These features are industry standard in most mowers. Is it the price?

Lynden-Jeff
04-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Nice lookin machine.

My question is why are so many things options on these mowers. ie, nice comfortable seat with armrests, speed increaser, and a deck height adjuster since when is that an option? These features are industry standard in most mowers. Is it the price?

Not on a walker $$$$$$$ which is why id rather just get a Z with a bagger. Only feature on a walker that makes them worth it is the hi-dump if you do alot of bagging.

pclawncare
04-15-2008, 11:31 PM
I am telling you guys try to cut alot of bermuda or any other short cut grass with any other mower and you will realize why us down in the southern parts pick walkers. I agree there is not a distict advantage on cooler season grasses but bermuda is hard to cut and leave a good finished product. People can say what they want about walkers but honestly 80-90 of my new yards ask me specificly if i am going to use a walker because it has been set as the standard. Say what you want about them but they have made me alot of money.

Toad
04-16-2008, 12:12 AM
I am telling you guys try to cut alot of bermuda or any other short cut grass with any other mower and you will realize why us down in the southern parts pick walkers. I agree there is not a distict advantage on cooler season grasses but bermuda is hard to cut and leave a good finished product. People can say what they want about walkers but honestly 80-90 of my new yards ask me specificly if i am going to use a walker because it has been set as the standard. Say what you want about them but they have made me alot of money.

Got ya, sounds like some tough grass.
How much money are we talking for a walker.

Why do these machines cut bermuda so well, vrs other mowers. Do they have a patent on a certain setup.

S man
04-16-2008, 12:20 AM
Nice mower. And I don't even like walkers!

CuttingEdgeTM
04-16-2008, 06:40 AM
Nice machine - CONGRATS!