PDA

View Full Version : Shrub Apps

Green Dreams
04-14-2008, 12:12 PM
I like to alternate my shrub app chems throughout the year.

I see acephate is gonna be hard to find....especially in those 1/3 lb packets. I hear there will be/have been label changes?

I'll use bifenthrin, cyfluthrin and acephate at times.

I'll also use banner, bayleton and eagle alternately.

I'd be interested and grateful for any discussion from y'all.

Thanks

greendoctor
04-14-2008, 01:53 PM
My rotation on shrubs includes Sevin, Avid, Talstar, Merit and Orthene 97. BTW, I do not bother with acephate in wsb because I am mixing less than 100 gallon loads. Also, everything is applied in 1gallon Ultrafine oil/100 gallon and the Orthene application is separated by at least 1 month from Sevin. Insect pressure here is very high. It is not uncommon for me to be spraying shrubs in December.

Banner, Bayleton and Eagle all are sterol demethylation fungicides, their mode of action is identical. I prefer rotating between Eagle, 3336 and Heritage. Also, it is important to tank mix with Daconil or Dithane. Not allowed on residential turf, but it is still allowed on trees and shrubs.

Green Dreams
04-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the reply. I am better with turf (I better be, huh?) than horticulture.

I appreciate the advice and will be grateful if anyone else wants to school me further.

Thanks

greendoctor
04-14-2008, 02:41 PM
That fungicide rotation also works on turf. I sometimes have to do that on a new account where the lawn is half dead from crown rot and dollar spot. Almost never on a lawn I am maintaining, because I am fertilizing adequately. On turf, leave out the Daconil and Dithane, its illegal.

Green Dreams
04-14-2008, 02:53 PM
The only real fungal problem I have here with turf in SE Texas is brown patch. I alternate between Heritage and Prostar for that.

Take All Patch is becoming more common. I came up with what works on that and 2 years later MegaLawn is doing the same thing. I came up with my own process for that. I wonder where they came up with theirs? Doubt it was from me somehow.

garydale
04-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Always a good move.