PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to use a torque wrench?

TheTurfTender
04-14-2008, 05:43 PM
When I am changing out the blades on my mower, do I HAVE to use a torque wrench. I would't have a problem doing that later in the summer when I finally have made some $, but can I just tighten these things.

I am not one for short cuts......Well not important ones anyways so I need some wisdom!

B

CLARK LAWN
04-14-2008, 05:49 PM
ive never used a torque wrench for blades i just ru them down tight with the impact gun

ProStreetCamaro
04-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Get a battery powered impact gun and be done with it. Easy off and easy on and always tight.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/Mowerdeckandblades005.jpg

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
04-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I have a 18 volt battery gun itz easy 5 mins tops.

ffemt1271
04-14-2008, 05:58 PM
on my newer exmark with the star washer assembly that goes into the spindle, the have to be torqued. i used an impact and had to replace 3 spindles cause the last 1/2 of the bolt threads stripped off in there. this was after 1 year of use. they advised they were overtorqued, so now i torque them, it only takes a minute longer, and i got a torque wrench from wal-mart for like 25$. i was skeptical at first, but we tested it at a friends auto shop and it was on the money.