PDA

View Full Version : When to Renew Customers?

Chopper Lover
12-03-2001, 02:16 PM
After searching the previous threads I was not able to find the answer to this question:

When should renewal letters/contracts go out? Should they go out now, as the season comes to an end, or wait until very early spring?

Just an FYI, I am not planning any price increases and all of my customers claim to be happy with the service I provide and have already commented on next season.

Thanks for the advice,
Mark

PS. I am going to include a clause that relates to an increased fee should local fuel prices go above $2 again.

Runner
12-03-2001, 02:38 PM
With or without a price increase, they should go out in late winter / EARLY spring. Different reasons for this. If you do it too early, (like now, winter, etc.,) it gives them more time to dwell on a price increase, (most have them) and think about a new service, Even in your case, there is not a direct price increase there, but you are planting the element of HIGHER COSTS in their minds. (by the gas thing) Do you really want that to be floating around in there heads all winter, giving them time and reason to contemplate? I would think the answer is no. However, if you do it in the springtime, or atleast when weather JUST starts warming up a bit, snow starts melting, or IS melting, there are two advantages at this time. One, is biological. Yes, scientifically biological. It has been proven in clinical studies, that as the days start to grow longer, moods start to rise, (this has to do with endorphins, and dopamine, that is produced and released by the brain, triggered, believe it or not, by exposure to sunlight.) This can enhance someone's ability to make a favorable decision (toward a favorable thing - I hope you have a good name for yourself) and will increase your odds at influence. Now, there is also one OTHER factor there. That is, that at this time of year, (Spring) people are starting to get that "Spring fever" as I had just mentioned in another thread somewhere. They are more than happy to bring you in, because they are anxious to get there stuff shining. See the marketing value there? Timing is crucial.:cool: O.k., Dr. Joe, the psychologist will step down, now.:D