PDA

View Full Version : selective herbicide that you can seed with

mrkosar
04-14-2008, 08:49 PM
is there any selective herbicide that i can spray to kill the weeds, but also slice seed the same day?

RigglePLC
04-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Kosar,
Take a look at the Quicksilver label.
"Cool season grasses both newly seeded and established are generally tolerant..."

let us know how it works.

Anybody else had experience with this procut on new seed?

shaneb
04-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Octane is labled for this use and will do a great job on small broadleaf seedlings in newly seeded areas with very good safety on the desired grasses. Do not tank mix with a systemic when using Octane for this purpose.

ATVracer
04-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Here is a good link concerning herbicides and seedling. Hopefully the link works.

http://www.agry.purdue.edu/turf/tips/2008/04_10delays.html

mrkosar
04-17-2008, 12:21 AM
thanks guys...i'll let you know how it goes. deadnettle has invaded one lawn i planned on slice seeding this spring and i would like to give it the old fast food nation quick fix.

Marcos
04-17-2008, 01:51 AM
is there any selective herbicide that i can spray to kill the weeds, but also slice seed the same day?

You weren't specific about what specie(s) of seed you're sowing...as this information does have a bearing on what types of herbicides can or cannot be used at certain points of seeding; before, during, or after.

ATVRacer's Purdue list mentioned "Drive" herbicide, which is the A.I quinclorac.
I honestly feel that this is the best renovation weed control product on the market these days; especially when the professional is working primarily with fescue seed varieties.
According to the label, with fescue it can be used anytime during the seeding process, and I've never had any experience that has proven this not to be true!

The only limitations are the types of weeds controlled...and WHEN [doesn't work well in early spring, from my experience...but then again, nothing much else but "ester" (alcohol based weed controls) DOES work in early spring!]

Here's the label :
http://www.montereychemical.com/label/Drive75DF.pdf