PDA

View Full Version : Trenchblade

EJD Lawnpride
04-14-2008, 09:10 PM
I finally got to use the Trenchblade for the first time today. It is GREAT! It does a really good job at edging beds. All we had to do is go around with a spade and loosen hard pact soil away from the edge afterwards. It was so easy. I went forward then walked backwards with it and it made a 3in. edge perfectly. It was really surprising. Great product Trenchblade! The only thing i found wrong is it doesn't like the sidewalk edging to much, my blade started to fray at the ends. But for the $, just buy more.

DLAWNS
04-14-2008, 09:13 PM
I agree, awesome product.

Trenchblade
04-15-2008, 08:32 AM
I finally got to use the Trenchblade for the first time today. It is GREAT! It does a really good job at edging beds. All we had to do is go around with a spade and loosen hard pact soil away from the edge afterwards. It was so easy. I went forward then walked backwards with it and it made a 3in. edge perfectly. It was really surprising. Great product Trenchblade! The only thing i found wrong is it doesn't like the sidewalk edging to much, my blade started to fray at the ends. But for the $, just buy more.
Thanks a lot. I am glad it is working out well for you. Going backwards through the edge will send the soil flying into the bed so you wont have to use a shovel to scoop it out. Just make sure it is a bed with no cars or windows near by! It will wear down a little faster on the hard edges as opposed to the soft edges, but so will any tool you use on the concrete. But thanks again and I am glad the Trenchblade is saving you some time and money on your bed lines.

beano
04-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Im going down to Acworth for a wedding this weekend and am going to pick some up while im in Dallas at the outdoor place. I called them and they arent open on Saturdays so i better get my ass moving Friday before they close at 5:30. I heard they work well so we'll try some.

larryinalabama
04-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Im going down to Acworth for a wedding this weekend and am going to pick some up while im in Dallas at the outdoor place. I called them and they arent open on Saturdays so i better get my ass moving Friday before they close at 5:30. I heard they work well so we'll try some.

Mr trenchblade isnit there free shipping on a certain # of blades.

Excellent product Ya'll try it.

Trenchblade
04-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Mr trenchblade isnit there free shipping on a certain # of blades.

Excellent product Ya'll try it.

Yea, free shipping on 50 or 100 packs. If you get into town and have any problems getting blades give me a call.

Trenchblade
04-15-2008, 09:16 AM

If you are in town and have any problems getting blades give me a call and I will personally make sure you can get some.

beano
04-15-2008, 12:23 PM
I am leaving from bowling green ky about noon on friday and i believe its about a 4 hour drive so as long as i dont hit construction or traffic i hope i can get there by 5:30. Is there a number i can reach you at? I was hoping you would be open saturday because the wedding isnt until the evening so i had planned nothing all day. Anyways if i could get contact info that would be great. I am looking to buy 5 to 10 blades just to start to try out.

Lawn-Sharks
04-15-2008, 03:14 PM
TRENCHBLADE.. I have a question about your product? I was looking at it and noticed that it was a great idea that was apply to a well used item. My qusetion is do you worry about people copying you product? I am only asking because i see knock offs all the time and before i started my business i was a Sheet Metal Journeyman and by the looks of you idea it would take much to fabricate.
P.S. I am not implying anything i am just asking so please don't read in to my question. I plan on purchasing some trench blades for my business.

Trenchblade
04-15-2008, 04:43 PM
TRENCHBLADE.. I have a question about your product? I was looking at it and noticed that it was a great idea that was apply to a well used item. My qusetion is do you worry about people copying you product? I am only asking because i see knock offs all the time and before i started my business i was a Sheet Metal Journeyman and by the looks of you idea it would take much to fabricate.
P.S. I am not implying anything i am just asking so please don't read in to my question. I plan on purchasing some trench blades for my business.

I don't worry about that very much at all. It looks pretty easy to make your own Trenchblades, but if the bends are not the same height it will vibrate a lot, if the bends off a good bit it will try to take off like an airplane. The bends are made by a very expensive computer controlled 60 ton Accupress. The Trenchblades are made at an aerospace fabrication shop that makes parts for military aircraft and helicopters. You defiantly could make your own Trenchblades if you are a handy, crafty kind of person and I cant be mad at you, cause I am a handy and crafty kind of person myself. If the Trenchblade was way,way over priced and I thought it was a brilliant idea, I might try to make my own flat blade into a Trenchblade too. Now, if someone tried to make them and sell them and it was infringing on my patent I would have to let me attorney send them a cease and desist letter. My patent is rock solid to protect The Trenchblade. It covers my blade being bent at a range from 0.016" to 0.78", basically meaning if you tried to make a knock off and sell it, the bend would either be too small of a bend to be effective at making any kind of trench at all and to be too big of a bend to still fit onto an stick edger. so I got that part on lock down. People can grow there own food, but most of us still go the the grocery store to get food, same thing with tobacco, moonshine and most other tangible goods. I know people see the Trenchblade and start thinking that its just an bent edger blade, I could do that and make my own, and I am sure some people will try it and fail and some people will make some that will work just fine. I Think the Trenchblade is priced just right to be well worth what it does and everyone who has bought one has loved it. My goal is to build it up and sell it off to a company who makes blades and it is going very well so far. I hope you get some and make it a part of the way you do your thing. It gives me this warm and fuzzy feeling inside to know that invented a product that is changing the way people do there trenching of the bed lines and makes people happy. That makes me happy.

noslolx
04-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Anyone in north carolina carry these blades ?

Lawn-Sharks
04-15-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't worry about that very much at all. It looks pretty easy to make your own Trenchblades, but if the bends are not the same height it will vibrate a lot, if the bends off a good bit it will try to take off like an airplane. The bends are made by a very expensive computer controlled 60 ton Accupress. The Trenchblades are made at an aerospace fabrication shop that makes parts for military aircraft and helicopters. You defiantly could make your own Trenchblades if you are a handy, crafty kind of person and I cant be mad at you, cause I am a handy and crafty kind of person myself. If the Trenchblade was way,way over priced and I thought it was a brilliant idea, I might try to make my own flat blade into a Trenchblade too. Now, if someone tried to make them and sell them and it was infringing on my patent I would have to let me attorney send them a cease and desist letter. My patent is rock solid to protect The Trenchblade. It covers my blade being bent at a range from 0.016" to 0.78", basically meaning if you tried to make a knock off and sell it, the bend would either be too small of a bend to be effective at making any kind of trench at all and to be too big of a bend to still fit onto an stick edger. so I got that part on lock down. People can grow there own food, but most of us still go the the grocery store to get food, same thing with tobacco, moonshine and most other tangible goods. I know people see the Trenchblade and start thinking that its just an bent edger blade, I could do that and make my own, and I am sure some people will try it and fail and some people will make some that will work just fine. I Think the Trenchblade is priced just right to be well worth what it does and everyone who has bought one has loved it. My goal is to build it up and sell it off to a company who makes blades and it is going very well so far. I hope you get some and make it a part of the way you do your thing. It gives me this warm and fuzzy feeling inside to know that invented a product that is changing the way people do there trenching of the bed lines and makes people happy. That makes me happy.

I agree with you 100% its a great product i was just wondering what kinda of thoughts you had on the matter seeing how you came out with this design. If i see any knock offs beign sold out their i will inform you of them..I don't like to see peoples hard work & design being stolen from them. Thanks for the reply:usflag:

Trenchblade
04-16-2008, 01:22 PM
I agree with you 100% its a great product i was just wondering what kinda of thoughts you had on the matter seeing how you came out with this design. If i see any knock offs beign sold out their i will inform you of them..I don't like to see peoples hard work & design being stolen from them. Thanks for the reply:usflag:

Your very welcome for the reply, that was a great question and I enjoyed answering it too. Thanks for looking out!!!!

sbvfd592
04-16-2008, 04:59 PM
just bought 3 to try them out!!

Trenchblade
04-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Anyone in north carolina carry these blades ?

Not at the moment, but we are working on that!!

jim1504
04-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Anyone know how long a blade usually lasts?

EJD Lawnpride
04-18-2008, 06:32 PM
They seem to last for one really good edging project. (1000 ft). I don't know if you can sharpen or not? But for the price just add the $4 to the cost.

BCNU
04-20-2008, 07:47 PM
After reading this thread I just ordered a couple of these from the Trenchblade website. Hope they work as good as everyone here is saying!!

noslolx
04-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Ordered 10 blades last week hope they come tomorrow. Very eager to see how well they work.

EJD Lawnpride
04-20-2008, 09:07 PM
I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

smoothbore2004
04-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Hey I ordered my trenchblade over a week ago and still no delivery. Whats the normal time for these to get to my door? Kinda anxious to try it out. Thanks for the product guys.

BCNU
04-20-2008, 10:51 PM
I just ordered mine today but I hope they get here before this comming weekend, I have a job to use them on. Looking forward to trying this product!

Dunn's
04-20-2008, 11:06 PM
So is it just me or is this just a product for the south. It seems to not really do much except make the hole wider when edging. Why would you want that when edging grass, thats what the homeowners who tried it on their own do and then it take a year in half to grow back in. While we are servicing there property.

I saw that it said bed egind but then I watched the video and it din't look like they edge the bed at all. It just look like a small trench along the bed and they shoved pine needles or something into it. It also looked like the pine needles where stacke dup five or so inches hire then the lawn.

Not trying to be rude just curious as to if this is just something that is done in the south. because when we edge beds we dig them out lower then the turf and the it slopes up away from the lawn.

Thanks for anyone who can clear it up for me.

larryinalabama
04-21-2008, 07:41 AM
I dont think the trench blade is for edging sidewalks, its desined to edge flower or shrub beds. I does leave a little trench, what Ive been doing is taking my hoe and sraping accross to give it a angle, even doing that doesnt take long. The trench hold the mulch form washing onto the grass plus it looks nice

sbvfd592
04-21-2008, 06:01 PM
got my blade today SOO MAD they dont fit my edger oh well looks good for 10 bucks

noslolx
04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Blades came in mail today. Only got to try it for a few minutes but seems to be the fix for edging beds:hammerhead:

kjslawn
04-21-2008, 09:38 PM
will these work on a troy-bilt walk behind edger its a cheap one I only use 4-5 times a year.

larryinalabama
04-22-2008, 06:47 AM
will these work on a troy-bilt walk behind edger its a cheap one I only use 4-5 times a year.

It fits my Troy built stick edger, I think the walk behind takes the same blade, that would be easy to check. I bet that blade would work good on a walk behind

Trenchblade
04-22-2008, 07:57 AM
got my blade today SOO MAD they dont fit my edger oh well looks good for 10 bucks
What kind of edger do you have?

sbvfd592
04-22-2008, 07:58 AM
the stihl curved shaft my fault i didnet read the site

Trenchblade
04-22-2008, 08:03 AM
the stihl curved shaft my fault i didnet read the site

I am expecting the new Trenchblades for the curved shaft Sthil any day now from the manufacturer. They were finished on Friday and Shipped yesterday. I hope th have them today. I will keep you posted when they arrive.