PDA

View Full Version : Commerical Property Bid Help

hardatworknc
04-14-2008, 11:10 PM
So we have our first commercial property bid to discuss on wednesday. The president of the homeowners association is about 80-90% set on having us do the job. He and the board are currently unsatisfied with the company doing it now. They don't spend enough time on the job and their work is shoddy at best. Not to mention they feel they are being overcharged. I have personally seen the property and it is pretty pathetic. We will be working on 50 condos, 5 units. Nothing incredibly large, but still quite some work. I would estimate it would take us about 2 hours to take care of the mowing and trimming each week, 5 hours or so for all the hedges to trim and clean up (there are a lot) per month, and then a couple hours here and there for spraying weed killer, blowing sidewalks and parking spaces. At the moment it is just two of us, but if we get the job and can work out a reasonable price we may hire some part time help. I know its hard to estimate without seeing it, but I was wondering if anyone might give a ballpark based on similar contracts they have. Thanks guys.

lawnman_scott
04-15-2008, 12:01 AM
$1800 per month

shane mapes
04-15-2008, 12:07 AM
are you a state contractor? here in ca. we can't bid on stuff over $500.00 with out contractors lic. if so i would figure 8 man hours per week by the way you were talking . so what ever your hourly rate is times the 8 hours..

lawnman_scott
04-15-2008, 12:16 AM
are you a state contractor? here in ca. we can't bid on stuff over $500.00 with out contractors lic. if so i would figure 8 man hours per week by the way you were talking . so what ever your hourly rate is times the 8 hours..
Thats in CA. Thank God for him he is not in CA.

shane mapes
04-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Thats in CA. Thank God for him he is not in CA.

can you guys bid on work over $500.00 with out state lic? if so thats great. we have to do a lot of little work to make good $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mr. Vern
04-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Shane, are you sure that the $500 limit applies to maintenance? We are a licensed (C27) but don't currently do any maintenance, but I would not have expected maintenance to fall under the contracting laws as you are not doing any modifications to the property - so to speak.
I will have to look that one up, but I would be surprised if maintenance was included. I am a strong advocate of licensing, but I would find it ridiculous for you to have to be licensed as a contractor to do it!

TScapes
04-15-2008, 08:34 AM
In Tennessee, you are supposed to carry a contractor's license for anything that totals over $25,000.00. That applies to design-build, maintenance, or anything else. However, most companies and HOA's etc, don't even adhere to this. So alot of the times it goes to the wayside and is not enforced that often.

mngrassguy
04-15-2008, 08:40 AM
$2000.00/mo.

If I had a buck for everytime I've heard the 80-90% thing.....

Good luck. I hope you get it