PDA

View Full Version : Well i finished my first day today. YOU ALL SAID YOU WANTED TO SEE MY STUFF DIRTY.

bigw
04-15-2008, 12:46 AM
Well here you go this was my first lawn with the ztr and my first offcial lawn,i know its not perfect but hey its my first so be easy on me.

theguynextdoor
04-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Haha about time we see that shiny new equipment put to use. I know you got some crap on this site, but I gotta say I'm impressed with the way you started your business. And you have probably the best name and logo of any LCO I have seen. It really stands out. Best of Luck. This is my first year also, but the grass isn't ready to be mowed here yet.

stevenf
04-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Looks really good Big!

bigw
04-15-2008, 12:53 AM
hey thanks guys!! I did 7 lawns today and all around 1/4 to 3/4 acres. started at 10am and finished at 6:30pm. I think the suckiest part is edging the lawns that have never been edged before..that sucked!!!! Their has to be a quicker way.

TheTurfTender
04-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Good Work - How did you christen the equipment?

Good luck bro!

bigw
04-15-2008, 01:03 AM
I loved using the ztr, had a few little ruts here and their but ill get better with it im sure. A few house's had side hills that the ztr wanted to fishtail down lol.

rcracer
04-15-2008, 03:10 AM
Did you mulch the grass or just blow it out the side?:usflag:

lifetree
04-15-2008, 06:30 AM
BigW -- I didn't realize this was your first year in business ... you did it in a very risky way, buying all the new equipment before you had any customers !! Also, with a new website ... wow ... alot of expense loaded up on the front end of it !! Good luck !!

Carolina Cuts
04-15-2008, 08:59 AM
I'll give ya $4000 for the used ztr and $1000 for the used Quick....
Welcome to the wonderful world of lawn servicing.
Lawn looks good...

bruno_rs
04-15-2008, 09:51 AM
hey thanks guys!! I did 7 lawns today and all around 1/4 to 3/4 acres. started at 10am and finished at 6:30pm. I think the suckiest part is edging the lawns that have never been edged before..that sucked!!!! Their has to be a quicker way.

hey big, out cutting already... good for you. don't think i need to tell you but, make sure you leave enough time each day to at least "dust off" all the equipment. no runnin HARD and hangin up wet. ALWAYS keep the mower decks clean top and bottom side!!! dirt and dust is a decks and/or machines worst enemy. moreover, a "clean" (under)deck will not clump up as much. i see you have a nice power washer... if you have time use it at least every other day and your beautiful equipment will stay that way. good luck, it all looks good. have a good one.

ALC-GregH
04-15-2008, 10:59 AM
I see a spot you missed. LOL Looks good for your first mow with the ztr.

Lawn Pro of Clarksville
04-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Way to go...

How do you like that Better WB?.... I'm thinking of getting one.

Brian

cgaengineer
04-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Looks good bigw, I wish you the best of luck this season!

Raking-It-In
04-15-2008, 01:23 PM
congrats !

stevenf
04-15-2008, 03:26 PM
I bet now that the lawns are edged, it will take you half the time to do all 7 lawns.

Turfrific
04-15-2008, 05:13 PM
BigW try one of those half moon edgers where its overgrown,they make the best edges. after you have that good edge just use your gas edger.

bill8379
04-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Or try an Edgit.

ffemt1271
04-15-2008, 05:31 PM
i remember the days of new equipment and no accounts, i did the same thing, and it has worked out great

All_Toro_4ME
04-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Looks good bigw. Do you still use your scag z? Good luck to ya this year.

Frue
04-15-2008, 07:51 PM
looks good you need to take off your discharge shields they are usless.

Whitey4
04-15-2008, 11:10 PM
bigw, lookin good, dude! Now, sell that customer some weed controls with yer new certified pesticide status... get rid of the those dandelions.... and spraying is a WHOLE lot easier than cutting! Like walkin in the park.... for $$$$.

Lawnut101
04-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Nice. Hopefully I can find some more accounts to use my new equipment too. Good luck to you this year.

deere615
04-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Way to go...

How do you like that Better WB?.... I'm thinking of getting one.

Brian

I was wondering that too. I am thinking about getting one, do you have any/can you get some pics of yards you cut with it? Thanks

kleankutslawn
04-16-2008, 12:28 AM
good luck bigw

bigw
04-16-2008, 12:56 AM
I was wondering that too. I am thinking about getting one, do you have any/can you get some pics of yards you cut with it? Thanks

Well it cuts and stripes really well but i really think im going to have to get myself a dual hydro because i still think it needs to be man handled too much to make sharp turns and my wrist are already beat, its a good mower but i think for me i need a dual hydro.

deere615
04-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Well it cuts and stripes really well but i really think im going to have to get myself a dual hydro because i still think it needs to be man handled too much to make sharp turns and my wrist are already beat, its a good mower but i think for me i need a dual hydro.

Have you had it on any hills? How does it do? Do you have a striping kit on it?

bigw
04-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Have you had it on any hills? How does it do? Do you have a striping kit on it?

its great on hills and no i dont have a striping kit for it, i can not stand having to keep the handle grips squeezed though because it cramps my hands,im no young buck anymore..lol

deere615
04-17-2008, 10:45 PM
its great on hills and no i dont have a striping kit for it, i can not stand having to keep the handle grips squeezed though because it cramps my hands,im no young buck anymore..lol

Thanks:waving: I think I will be ordering one this weekend

ed2hess
04-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks:waving: I think I will be ordering one this weekend

Kinda interesting....big tells you an honest opinion that the single hydro is hard to run and grips hurts his hands and you are buying one:hammerhead:

Whitey4
04-18-2008, 12:14 AM
Kinda interesting....big tells you an honest opinion that the single hydro is hard to run and grips hurts his hands and you are buying one:hammerhead:

One man's opinion does not make it fact. My machine doesn't bother my hands at all, and I find it easy to turn. It isn't real good on hills, but I have mostly flat properties. That is an honest opinion too.... but you seem to have something against the Quicks, frankly. I am more than 10 years older than bigw, but I haven't had any of the complaints he has with the Quick. :hammerhead:

greenbaylawns
04-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Well all haters, it looks like the Big W is a Big Winner here! I hope you get swamped and make a ton. Good Luck!

luckydooley
04-18-2008, 11:02 AM

I agree it requires some manhandling to turn and my wrists ache after squeezing the throttle all day.

bill8379
04-18-2008, 06:09 PM
I imagine a duel hydro would be awesome, I can only imagine cause I don't have one but my gear toro 36 tbar fixed deck is fantastic. Absolutely ZERO manhandling and you can thread a needle with it. Mulches like a dream.. great machine. If I could afford it and justify it I would get a duel hydro floater even though it's extremely heavy. Not sure how much more productive it would be though.

I think those Quicks must be like my snow blowers, up the drive way turn around, over and over. That does get tiring.

deere615
04-18-2008, 09:56 PM

He basically said he liked the mower, I am younger and won't be running it all day, so I don't think it will bother me