PDA

View Full Version : Value of used 12v motor/pump combo ?

Tom Tom
04-15-2008, 10:03 AM
I've had these 12 volt motor/pump combos for several years. I used the hose reels for another purpose and gave the tanks away to some volunteer firefighters. I never used them nor did I know what they had been used for.

So, I'm trying to find out what they may be worth. They all run when tested from a 12 volt source but I have not pressure tested them yet.

The newer one is a hypro 2570 series and the two older looking ones are hypro 5300 series.

Ideas/thoughts on value? Thanks

Ric
04-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Tom Tom

From past experience I believe the pumps are throw aways. I have had both types in the past and find the Motor out lasts them. The second Motor might be able to be used as a Hose rewind motor. The first motor Might be able to run a small mixing blade for Agitation of a small tank.

RigglePLC
04-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Looks like a roller pump and two piston pumps--is that what you have?
Is pump gals per min listed? Is pump max pressure listed? They are usually a little optimistic--you will never get max pressure at maximum flow. If the pump is old you may get more like 75 percent of the performance listed on the label. Possibly a good set up for somebody. Did you test the pumps to see if they actually work?