PDA

View Full Version : newbie question

jeremy067390
04-15-2008, 05:52 PM
im just curious about how you guys price out applications of fert. it seems to me with prices i see that unless you are doing it on a full on scale its not worth the time. I have a decent number of accounts and i do alot of work with a partner and some help, but i get very few requests for fert.

how would you got about finding someone to sub out fert applications

RigglePLC
04-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Secret proprietary information. But charging about 4 times the cost of the product should work as a rule of thumb.

Whitey4
04-15-2008, 09:56 PM
im just curious about how you guys price out applications of fert. it seems to me with prices i see that unless you are doing it on a full on scale its not worth the time. I have a decent number of accounts and i do alot of work with a partner and some help, but i get very few requests for fert.

how would you got about finding someone to sub out fert applications

Unless you get certified for full pesticides, just being able to do ferts won't get you many customers. 90% of the people on LI want crabbgrass prevention as a minimum. Trying to sell ferts without controls is like trying to sell ice cream sandwiches without the chocalate wafers.

I'm an LCO, but it's the apps I make all my $ on. (aside from the plantings, mulching etc). How many customers do you have? Find out who is doing their ferts and squirts.

In the long trun, subbing apps won't grow your revenues.