PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone still using hand crank hose reels?

mngrassguy
04-15-2008, 07:57 PM
I've never seen one around here.

turf hokie
04-15-2008, 09:50 PM
on my 50 gal tanks we hand crank the 3/8 hose but all the other tanks with 1/2 we have electric reels

Ric
04-15-2008, 10:33 PM
on my 50 gal tanks we hand crank the 3/8 hose

I have a 50 gallon skid spray on a trailer for those odd ball special jobs. I perfer a hand crank reel on this unit since I don't use it on a daily basic. Less maintenances.

txgrassguy
04-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Hand crank on my 50 gallon tank as well.
Looking into a 200 gallon with an electric spool but gotta buy more ammo first - the ex wife has started to snoop around my house again.

Ric
04-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Hand crank on my 50 gallon tank as well.
Looking into a 200 gallon with an electric spool but gotta buy more ammo first - the ex wife has started to snoop around my house again.

Steve

Save your Money and don't buy ammo. Her Lawyer will get your guns as his part of your assets. I had a wonderful 50-50 divorce, She got the assets and I got the Liabilities. I am sure your divorce will be wonderful also.

Russ
04-16-2008, 07:46 AM
. I had a wonderful 50-50 divorce, She got the assets and I got the Liabilities. I am sure your divorce will be wonderful also.
Now that's funny---except that I had the same settlement---TWICE---I'm not bitter though----It only takes 14 or 15 years to get back on your feet.

txgrassguy
04-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Not to hi-jack the thread but I actually got divorced about a week ago. The problem is my ex hasn't completed some of the asset evaluation stuff the judge ordered her too. She thinks she is getting the short end so she is coming around my new place photographing stuff - and since she originally was arrested for shooting at me . . . . . . .

PHS
04-16-2008, 09:04 AM
Sorry to hear about the divorce problems guys. A buddy of mine who spent the last ten years BUSTIN' HIS ASS providing a good living for his family and taking almost complete care of the 3 kids while the sow lived on the couch in a wine bottle lost the kids and 50%. It's disgusting that she gets to live on easy street now.

Ric, that's a good point about a rarely used reel. In my experience electric reels need be used regularly or they have problems if they are out in the weather. My last spray truck had 3/8, 1/2, and 3/4 hose reels. The number of problems with each seemed to correlate to use. Less use = more problems.

heritage
04-16-2008, 11:56 AM
I have a hand crank on my little 100 gal-3/8" hose, mounted at the back corner of the pickup. It can be easily removed with 2 bolts, to make spare room in a jiffy. I have quick disconnects on ALL the hose ends too, so it's easy and efficent.

Electric reel for the 300 gal, in the trailer.

Pete

Ric
04-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Now that's funny---except that I had the same settlement---TWICE---I'm not bitter though----It only takes 14 or 15 years to get back on your feet.

Russ

There is no use of crying about it because the next guy has a better story than yours. The guy after that has a even a better story.

gregory
04-16-2008, 04:19 PM
damn i just got divorced in feb. don't have any kids..i got the house and all of the property. which i bought before we got married...she wanted 15k for the house told she lost her mind i would just give her the house and buy a new one for what real estate is now..she said fine and was final in 12days...not to bad........she got the decor inside like the curtains and **** all of the other stuff stays ..

txgrassguy
04-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Okay, here's an up-date.
Seems a well meaning family took my ex in as they bought her tale of woe.
Now she is harassing and threatening them too so the court has no choice but to get involved and stop her crappy behavior.
Sometime around the first week in July I should get the house I lost to her in the divorce as the 'ol ex hasn't come up with a mortgage or cash to buy me out.
One good thing about the lousy real estate market is that mortgages aren't hanging on trees like they used too - so it seems I'll get to evict the battle axe sometime soon.
And Ric, when that happens I'll go the beer for that party!
Later dudes,
Steve

gregory
04-16-2008, 09:29 PM
i'll kick in some beer money for you.....i am more of a crown royal and 7up kind of guy.....

Ric
04-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Steve, Russ & Karl

WELCOME TO THE CLUB. BTW This club is a Very Very large one.

gregory
04-16-2008, 10:32 PM
tks ric i came out pretty well...

Field General
04-17-2008, 04:43 PM
I have two things for sure...
1. A hand crank on a 200 gallon unit that I use for veg. control.

and

2. A wife who loves me. ( sometimes...I think. )

ArizPestWeed
04-24-2008, 05:16 AM
I have both ele and a manual crank .
It takes a lot more effort to pull the hose off a ele reel than it does to hand crank it onto a manual.
The manual is much easier , because of the drag on the ele motor

Blink74
04-24-2008, 08:35 AM
I have a 200 skid sprayer with an electric reel that I would like to change to hand crank. Now that we have a Permagreen, it sees little use. The little use it does get is not worth hooking up electric. Any one wanna trade. It's a Hannay Reel off of a lesco unit that's 7 years old.

Ric
04-24-2008, 01:20 PM
I have a 200 skid sprayer with an electric reel that I would like to change to hand crank. Now that we have a Permagreen, it sees little use. The little use it does get is not worth hooking up electric. Any one wanna trade. It's a Hannay Reel off of a lesco unit that's 7 years old.

Blink

You should be able to have a welder make a hand crank handle very easy. 1/2 galv cap and a piece of 1/4 " strap material. Drill a hole and put a long bolt inside a piece of pipe or hose as a handle. Take the motor and chain off and keep it inside. Should the need arise, you can hook it back up.

RigglePLC
04-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Ric is right--and all you really need is a half inch pipe elbow, 12 inch length, another half inch elbow and a short length to fit your hand and a pipe cap.

Then remove the drive chain.

Ric
04-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Ric is right--and all you really need is a half inch pipe elbow, 12 inch length, another half inch elbow and a short length to fit your hand and a pipe cap.

Then remove the drive chain.

Riggle

Actually you came up with a Non welding way. All your parts can be purchased at the Hardware store and screwed together. Much faster than my way. But I like my way only in the fact Liquid would not be in the handle.