PDA

View Full Version : 36" Exmark Metro

Cooter
04-15-2008, 09:08 PM
I am having problems with the mower wanting to turn. Last year is started taking off slower and slower and had a harder time pulling a sulky. Thought it was maybe the trans belt. Got it out the other day and tightened it up and it seems better. Now I am having a hard time with it turning. You will go straight and hit the brake and it will just stop the mower. Could the drive belts be that worn? Any other ideas. I need this to do cleanups right away. Thanks in advance.

Two Seasons
04-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Any chance you slopped some grease on the drive belts? Or maybe you need to adjust your pulleys.

Cooter
04-15-2008, 10:39 PM
No grease on the drive belts. The machine is used little and kept very clean. How do you go about adjusting the pulleys?

44DCNF
04-15-2008, 10:59 PM
You should go to eXmarks site with your model and serial number. Download the owners manual for the mower. It will have clear easy instructions to make the drive and brake adjustments. One affects the other so you will probably need to make both adjustments. You will just use a quarter inch punch or allen wrench to insert at the base of the lever to check a gap, after disconnecting the threaded rod and turning it in the direction needed. You could eyeball or measure it but the allen makes for a quick check, a go/no go guage.

Cooter
04-15-2008, 11:49 PM
And this is free of charge?

44DCNF
04-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Yes sir. GO HERE (http://www.exmark.com/manuals.htm#metro) and follow the links to your model then serial number range. One thing I overlooked is you may have the ECS, I was describing the pistol grip adj.

ffemt1271
04-16-2008, 12:50 AM
if it is having trouble pulling, and completely stops when you pull a turn brake, you need to adjust the transmission/engine belt or replace it. i have the same mower and had the same problem

Jason Pallas
04-16-2008, 01:49 AM
Adjust your trans belt and also your right and left drive belts and you'll solve the problem.

Cooter
04-16-2008, 01:51 AM
I will download the manual and try adjusting the drive belts.

Cooter
04-17-2008, 01:22 AM
After tightening the drive belts it works like it should. Still have to do some adjusting so the park brake will lock. Thanks.