PDA

View Full Version : The Best Socket Lube / Protectant Coating?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-15-2008, 11:09 PM
I know different products have been mentioned here in the past. But I cannot seem to find them by searching.

So.... what do you think is the best socket lube / di-electric coating on the market? Please provide manu. & product name and tell us all why it is the best.

Regards.

Lite4
04-16-2008, 12:04 AM
I have been using the GB anti-ox compound. So far seems to be working ok.

JoeyD
04-16-2008, 01:17 PM
We use NovaGard G661 on EVERYTHING. We used to use NO-Lox and Ox-Guard but found out that both of those do not have real good properties when exposed to heat over time. They tend to harden where the NovaGard Silicone Compound works not only as a Dielectric Compound but it also is a Rubber and Plastic lubricant, it has excellent vacume capabilities so when you push your wires into a wire nut you can actually hear it pop and suck the wire in and coat it. It has very good water resistance and has temp ratings from -40deg F to 400deg F.

For additional information or where to purchase you can call NovaGard Solutions at 1-800-380-0138. It is a very good product. we use it on all sockets, lamps, and connections. Agin the part number is G661.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Thank you Joey.

Lite4
04-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the info Joey.

ChampionLS
04-17-2008, 12:58 AM
NYK Anti-Corrosive Compound, which is not a grease or graphite. It's a true electrical contact corrosion proofing compound used on every lamp to socket connection in the automotive, boat trailer, and trucking industry. We sell it, and so does Hadco. It's manufactured by Truck-Lite.

It comes in various size tubes and containers.