View Full Version : North Jersey Landscape Supplier

04-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Hey guys,

Just moved from ocean county to bergen county in New Jersey. Anyone know any landscape suppliers in the Bogota area? I ran a business in ocean county and suppliers were all over the place in my old town, but I can't find a decent nursery or landscape supply yard in this area. I tried the yellow pages and even calling a few landscapers. Any help would be appreciated.

05-04-2008, 01:56 AM
I know this post didn't get answered in the first place, but how about landscaping waste disposal areas? I need to get rid of a few yards of sod and besides paying 500 for a rolloff I can't find a way to dispose of it. In my old neighborhood I could take it to my town dump with a six pack of cold beer and they would take it no problem. Anywhere disposal sites that take grass, sod, dirt in northern jersey you guys wanna clue me into?

05-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Just stop at a wawa in the morning and start asking.

05-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Ramsey building supply is proably the biggest hardscape supply yard in the county.

J&R Landscaping
05-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Northern Nurseries for plants and such...

05-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks mrusk,

I have finally tracked down a few yards in the area, but haven't been impressed with what I've seen. I have used Reuther Materials in North Bergen for a previous paver job in Hoboken, and I will probably using them for the retaining wall job I am doing now. They have a lot of masonry, retaining wall, paver products at decent prices, but no selection for loose landscape stone. Best I've found in this department is PasValCo, but I am not terribly impressed with their bulk products either. Last one I want to check out is Winters Supply in Paramus and then I'll check out Ramsey.

Thanks Again!

PS - No advice for disposal? Allegro said they would take sod or dirt but at a huge flat fee (like 500 bucks for the 2-3 yds I have). Most other places laugh when I call and say I need to get rid of landscape debris. I used the Medowlands Commision site when I did a paver job in Hoboken, but they aren't accepting anything anymore.

05-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Just stop at a wawa in the morning and start asking.

No Wawa's in north jersey. :realmad: Prolly the thing I miss the most from down south. Plus my Spanish is awfully rusty.

05-04-2008, 11:19 PM
sorry i cant help, i only do mainly mercer/burlington counties. Shemin Nurseries are from Conneticut based, there is one in Mercer county NJ but find out they may have one in north jersey and theyre a wholesale only direct to companies.

05-05-2008, 08:38 AM
No Wawa's in north jersey. :realmad: Prolly the thing I miss the most from down south. Plus my Spanish is awfully rusty.

Not sure if I could ive without a wawa.

05-05-2008, 12:27 PM
If you need loose material try Braen Supply in North Haledon, they supply loose material...stone, QP, etc. plus they sell wall and paver products, they have a stone yard with a lot of product. As far as disposal, I'm not to familiar with Bergan County, Try Natures Choice, Union, New Jersey
Tel#: 800-637-4140 Fax#: 908-687-3122
or call Bogota Recycling Center and I'm sure they can help inform you about places to dispose of waste. http://www.bogota.nj.us/public_works/Recycle.asp

05-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I have just about everything squared away now except for the disposal. I'll try giving Nature's Choice a call tomorrow. I never thought moving 65 miles would affect running my business so much. Really starting to see why everything is so damn expensive up here.

Thanks again guys

05-07-2008, 10:01 PM
You can also use Materas Garden Center and Supply. They are in Ridgefield only one town over from Bogota.

05-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Also Try Bartell Farm & Garden Supplies in Clark NJ- they bit closer to Brick NJ than North Bergen a lot of masonry stuff by pallet and sometimes if your job is close by they will throw free delivery.-been using them for 6 years no complain cool thing is they open on Sunday so you can drop your wife to mall and set up your deliveries for next week’s job
Good luck