PDA

View Full Version : North Jersey Landscape Supplier

daveslandscaping
04-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Hey guys,

Just moved from ocean county to bergen county in New Jersey. Anyone know any landscape suppliers in the Bogota area? I ran a business in ocean county and suppliers were all over the place in my old town, but I can't find a decent nursery or landscape supply yard in this area. I tried the yellow pages and even calling a few landscapers. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

daveslandscaping
05-04-2008, 12:56 AM
I know this post didn't get answered in the first place, but how about landscaping waste disposal areas? I need to get rid of a few yards of sod and besides paying 500 for a rolloff I can't find a way to dispose of it. In my old neighborhood I could take it to my town dump with a six pack of cold beer and they would take it no problem. Anywhere disposal sites that take grass, sod, dirt in northern jersey you guys wanna clue me into?

Thanks

JNyz
05-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Just stop at a wawa in the morning and start asking.

mrusk
05-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Ramsey building supply is proably the biggest hardscape supply yard in the county.

J&R Landscaping
05-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Northern Nurseries for plants and such...

daveslandscaping
05-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks mrusk,

I have finally tracked down a few yards in the area, but haven't been impressed with what I've seen. I have used Reuther Materials in North Bergen for a previous paver job in Hoboken, and I will probably using them for the retaining wall job I am doing now. They have a lot of masonry, retaining wall, paver products at decent prices, but no selection for loose landscape stone. Best I've found in this department is PasValCo, but I am not terribly impressed with their bulk products either. Last one I want to check out is Winters Supply in Paramus and then I'll check out Ramsey.

Thanks Again!

PS - No advice for disposal? Allegro said they would take sod or dirt but at a huge flat fee (like 500 bucks for the 2-3 yds I have). Most other places laugh when I call and say I need to get rid of landscape debris. I used the Medowlands Commision site when I did a paver job in Hoboken, but they aren't accepting anything anymore.

daveslandscaping
05-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Just stop at a wawa in the morning and start asking.

No Wawa's in north jersey. :realmad: Prolly the thing I miss the most from down south. Plus my Spanish is awfully rusty.

Ramairfreak98ss
05-04-2008, 10:19 PM
sorry i cant help, i only do mainly mercer/burlington counties. Shemin Nurseries are from Conneticut based, there is one in Mercer county NJ but find out they may have one in north jersey and theyre a wholesale only direct to companies.

JNyz
05-05-2008, 07:38 AM
No Wawa's in north jersey. :realmad: Prolly the thing I miss the most from down south. Plus my Spanish is awfully rusty.

Not sure if I could ive without a wawa.

NNJLandman
05-05-2008, 11:27 AM
If you need loose material try Braen Supply in North Haledon, they supply loose material...stone, QP, etc. plus they sell wall and paver products, they have a stone yard with a lot of product. As far as disposal, I'm not to familiar with Bergan County, Try Natures Choice, Union, New Jersey
Tel#: 800-637-4140 Fax#: 908-687-3122
or call Bogota Recycling Center and I'm sure they can help inform you about places to dispose of waste. http://www.bogota.nj.us/public_works/Recycle.asp

daveslandscaping
05-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I have just about everything squared away now except for the disposal. I'll try giving Nature's Choice a call tomorrow. I never thought moving 65 miles would affect running my business so much. Really starting to see why everything is so damn expensive up here.

Thanks again guys

lawnboy30
05-07-2008, 09:01 PM
You can also use Materas Garden Center and Supply. They are in Ridgefield only one town over from Bogota.

Marek13
05-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Also Try Bartell Farm & Garden Supplies in Clark NJ- they bit closer to Brick NJ than North Bergen a lot of masonry stuff by pallet and sometimes if your job is close by they will throw free delivery.-been using them for 6 years no complain cool thing is they open on Sunday so you can drop your wife to mall and set up your deliveries for next week’s job
Good luck