PDA

View Full Version : Learning quick on the job...lol

bigw
04-16-2008, 01:11 AM
Well i learned a good lesson today, if its green and really tall like taller then the rest of the lawn its probably a sewage area...lol.
Yeah i saw it and tried to mow it with my ZTR and you guessed it i got burried up to the top of my rear wheels and had to have some guy pull me out with his truck.
The customer was totally cool about it and said it was her fault for not warning me,i left that job when i finished and want right to the car wash..lol. I am learning alot lately!

stevenf
04-16-2008, 01:27 AM
This happens all to much to all of us :laugh:. Just the other day I had to help this guy get his scag out of a ditch.
I have also learned that when the grass is tall "If it exist, you will roll over it". The other day I ran over a pair of bolt cutters in someones front lawn.

DK lawn care
04-16-2008, 01:49 AM
I got my exmark stuck in a ditch last year (right when i bought it!) I thought i could cut it because my old mower could. But NOPE exmarks dont cut ditchs well lol. So i unhitched my truck and my customer got in it and pulled me out as i was pullin the levers into reverse ( i didnt kno how to disengage my wheel motors and didnt have my manual at the time).

Orbitalawn1
04-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Bolt cutters .ouch ......thats got to be good for the ole mower ....

mybowtie
04-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Try a 1/2 rebar that was driven in the ground, and was never there other years. :confused:

larryinalabama
04-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Well i learned a good lesson today, if its green and really tall like taller then the rest of the lawn its probably a sewage area...lol.
Yeah i saw it and tried to mow it with my ZTR and you guessed it i got burried up to the top of my rear wheels and had to have some guy pull me out with his truck.
The customer was totally cool about it and said it was her fault for not warning me,i left that job when i finished and want right to the car wash..lol. I am learning alot lately!

Bigw your shiney stuff will soon look like my old stuff