PDA

View Full Version : Other LCO replaceing my flyers!

stevenf
04-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Im sure you have seen the small neighborhoods that have there mailboxes at the entrance, each has there own lock box.
Well, I thought it was a good idea to put a flyer on there message board that had tearable phone numbers at the bottem like the classified ads you have seen. I picked up one accounts from it in the first day. When I went to cut it, I checked the message board and my flyer had been taken down and replaced with another flyer that said " only ********* subdivision". This lead me to belive that it is kids that are doing it. I then talked to someone I know who lived there and she said that the flyer is for some man who lives in the subdivision that does yard work for people.
I then went back to the board and replaced his with mine.
Does this happen alot? If he does it again, should I call for an estimate and put him on the spot about being legel? How would you handle it?

Paulup
04-16-2008, 12:53 AM
You should not have replaced his with yours, just stuck yours next to it and made sure it looked better. Even though what he did was unethical, by yanking his down you no longer have a leg to stand on from a moral perspective. As far as him being legal, he is a neighborhood guy trying to make a few bucks cutting grass, if its a middle class/lower class neighborhood, they really only care about the bottom dollar.

As beneficial as it would be for those who do operate 100% legit, explaining to every joe who owns a yard that if ole boy hits some kid with a rock they have to dish out is just too time consuming. I would tell you to report him to the dept. of agriculture and forestry, but you already know that in Louisiana you need no license to cut grass.

Since I'm a nice guy and not far from you, just gimme a ball peen hammer and his address, I'll handle up on it for ya. :hammerhead: