PDA

View Full Version : Lesco/JD out of their mines!

grandview (2006)
04-16-2008, 06:48 AM
Started end of last season with an oil leak on my walk behind mower 17 hp Kawi. So I called Lesco at the time about how and long to fix it. They said 200.00 and 2 days,but by the time I was ready to drop it off the season ended and started snowing so I just put it away till this year. So anyway Drop it off to Lesco to get fixed and they said JD Store is doing all the repairs now. Told them no hurry season didn't start. So a week later called about the mower they said not sure ,so they call JD to find out whats going on guy wasn't there so I said I'll call later, get a hold of them they start babbling on about all this stuff they have to do to get the oil seal fixed.Just the estimates not even the final price they tell me 700.00 plus tax. So I tell them to forget it bring it back to the Lesco dealer so I can pick it up. They then tell me there is a delivery charge to bring it back to Lesco.Told I'll pick it from them. How did service tank so fast?

Restrorob
04-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Where on the engine is the oil coming from ?

lawncuttinfoo
04-16-2008, 10:32 AM
2 years ago my Lesco mower sat in line to be serviced at Lesco for 1 week, I finally said I need to mow and I picked it up brought it to the Exmark dealer, it was fixed the next day.

Lesco has never been a service place in my area. Only sales.

grandview (2006)
04-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Where on the engine is the oil coming from ?

Not sure. Maybe a shaft seal.

Restrorob
04-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Well, If it's only the top seal Kawi's book time is .8 hrs to replace. Now, If this is one that the top crank bearing has failed and beat the seal out Deere my want to pull the crankshaft and mic it to see if the engine can be repaired with a new crankcase.

If this is the case Kawi's book time is 3.3 hrs to remove/replace the crankshaft which includes removing the engine from the unit's frame. So in essence Deere is wanting to charge you over 200 bux a hour just for a estimate.

Sounds like a rip-off to me....:dizzy:

grandview (2006)
04-16-2008, 03:45 PM
It runs fine just drips some oil. Lesco called back today for me to drop it off and another place with fix it for under 200.