PDA

View Full Version : intermattic astro's

Mike M
04-16-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm going to Aube wall switch or Nightscaping's self contained unit with the Aube switch & receptacles for all of my timers.

I think the intermattic is only good for <300 watts, plus, the contacts break easily for the battery terminal and the watch batteries are a nuisance/call back issue and drain easily when power is out. They are also ten bucks to replace (2).

Also, they look unprofessional in the upside-down position, and they alienate the consumer from programming or installing their own batteries (humans cannot program that thing in the upside down position).

Added benefit of the Nightscaping unit, the customer can plug in their holiday lights, too, if you leave them an open receptacle.

I believe the wall switch model I am using is rated 2400 watts.

Thanks, James, for the tip.

Pro-Scapes
04-16-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm going to Aube wall switch or Nightscaping's self contained unit with the Aube switch & receptacles for all of my timers.

I think the intermattic is only good for <300 watts, plus, the contacts break easily for the battery terminal and the watch batteries are a nuisance/call back issue and drain easily when power is out. They are also ten bucks to replace (2).

Also, they look unprofessional in the upside-down position, and they alienate the consumer from programming or installing their own batteries (humans cannot program that thing in the upside down position).

Added benefit of the Nightscaping unit, the customer can plug in their holiday lights, too, if you leave them an open receptacle.

I believe the wall switch model I am using is rated 2400 watts.

Thanks, James, for the tip.

I am kinda mixed on these. I have had only 1 set of batteries go dead and that was because they sat in my truck for 2 weeks.

I have one out there for about a year now. No issues. The aubes will stick right in to the gambino trans and I think james said you could put it in the modular control bay ? I am not sure if thats internal or external as I do not use the h30 power centers.

I am not pushing for the UPB set up as often as I can. Its a flexible solution thats reliable.

sprinkler guy
04-17-2008, 02:00 AM
I am not pushing for the UPB set up as often as I can. Its a flexible solution thats reliable.

Billy,

Is that supposed to be "I am NOW pushing for the UPB setup..."?

Pro-Scapes
04-17-2008, 10:39 AM
good catch... yes I NOW push the UPB set up epecially on multi trans jobs. On smaller homes I still use the x10 systems and have zero issues. one house even had 6 flat screen tv's and once a phase coupler was put it in worked just fine.