PDA

View Full Version : Skid steer attachments

Henry
12-03-2001, 10:50 PM
What are the most useful attachments for landscape work? (plantings, patios, walls)

Does a tooth bar on the bucket make a big difference when scraping and digging?

CT18fireman
12-03-2001, 11:58 PM
I would say get a set of Forks so you can lift and mover stuff. Something that you can hook a chain to. I use forks for this too but others have a hook on a bucket. I like a clamshell bucket for grading and material moving. A mulch bucket is larger and useful for lighter material and snow. I also have a rockhound as I do lawn installs. I do not have a backhoe attachment as I have a mini excavator.

Many attachments can be rented which will save you if you only use them occassionally.

SCL
12-04-2001, 11:16 AM
3 pt. adapter plate so you can use your pulverizer and brillion seeder on it. Teeth for digging are invaluable unless all your'e doing is scraping.

CHC
12-08-2001, 06:33 PM
The beauty of a skidloader, particularly these days, is that you can use almost all of the attachments out there, no matter whose machine they are; ie Bobcat, New Holland, etc. We've got a 72" digging bucket, 72" light materials bucket, & a set of 4' forks. We welded hooks on the upper edge of all of the items, & rock guards on top of the buckets. Everything else we rent as needed; most common seems to be the auger head, and landscape rake.

Hank the Cow
12-10-2001, 02:36 PM
A tooth bar makes a huge difference in digging but don't use it for finish work.;)

Hank the Cow
12-10-2001, 02:37 PM
Use a 3pt. adapter point so you can plug a two prong into it.