PDA

View Full Version : electrical help / no spark 17 hp kawasaki

lcncapo1
04-16-2008, 03:41 PM
hey guys been havin some trouble with one of my mowers.its a 48 inch lesco with a 17hp kawasaki single cylinder engine FC540V. it has sat for the last 2 1/2 years (was a backup that i never needed) i finally got the starter to work after jumping it and cleaning it out, adding a few drops of oil to it. the problems im having now are that i get no spark when i jump it, also turning the the keyswitch does not try to start the motor. nothing happens. im guessing it could be one of the safety switches but i really have no clue. is there a way that i can just bypass the safety switches so that i can at least get it up and running while trying to figure out whats causing the problem? also does anyone have a wiring diagram and / or troubleshooting guide for this specific engine. the ones i have received so far have been helpful but they are different than my engine. thanks all in advance for any help offered

Tharrell
04-16-2008, 06:00 PM
I sent you another PM. You can look up the engine diagrams on kawpowr.com.
Go into parts diagrams. You'll need the engine suffixes for an accurate diagram.
The safety switches and other stuff would be from Lesco. They used to have it all on their website but you'll have to email them for it now. Tony