PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Marketing

lax79
04-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey All,

A few years ago, I started me lawn care business and I have a decent amount of customers but I need more. I've tried advertising in the phone book and sending out flyers but that isn't working that well. Any ideas?

j05h22
04-16-2008, 09:20 PM
I have a feeling we're kinda in the same boat. I just mow part time and have 18 accounts right now. My goal setting out was 25 and I'm giong through hell getting anymore... I guess we gotta keep plucking away... :cry:

MowHouston
04-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey All,

A few years ago, I started me lawn care business and I have a decent amount of customers but I need more. I've tried advertising in the phone book and sending out flyers but that isn't working that well. Any ideas?

If you serve the suburban or metropolitan area of Cincinnati, try advertising online. That is, if you have a website.

Hands down, door hangers or postcards are the way to go if you dont have a website. Dont jack around with printing them yourself. Get them professionally done.

From my results and other that I've spoken to, there is about a 1% success rate to them. So, send out 1,000 and, statistically, get 10 calls.

You can get them online, and put them out yourself, or have a company do it for you. Personally, I am about to give 10,000 post cards a whirl just to compare it to internet advertising, which here in Houston, is by far my best form of advertising.

Hope this helps, good luck.

lax79
04-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Those are some good ideas. I think l'll try making a website. I heard office live has some preety good web builders. If that doesn't work, I have to go back to the flyers, postcards and all of that. Thanks.

bohiaa
04-17-2008, 05:10 PM
YOur own research should tell you what to do....

If you Picked up X form yellow pages. then drop the ad and spend the money elsewhere.
you may have reached all the customers you will with that ad....

also you may wanna price radio ads, where I'm at there cheep and they work wonders.

Try to keep a total "even ask the customer" of what worked...."where they herd of you from"

dont put all your eggs in one baskett, move the advertisement dollar around a bit.

Good Luck