PDA

View Full Version : Finally landed my dream account...

grossman03
04-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey there!

I just got off the phone with a customer who is moving to a house that has just been built. He's given me the go-ahead to do pretty much everything I'd like.

As excited as I am, I guess I've never really had a fresh landscape slate with little-to-no budget constraints.

A few details:

He is going to have a professional design done, as a template to follow, but I will still have the choice to change things if I want.
It's a half-acre lot, with about 19,000 square feet of dirt.
The lot has been graded already.
I mentioned that projects like this can easily be $40-50k, of which he's fine with.
The lot backs up to a small creek.
He doesn't want lighting right now, but would like me to "pre-wire" it as to make installation cheaper in a few years when he's ready.

Firstly, I'd like to give him a breakdown of what processes I'll do when. Here's what I was thinking(maybe in this order?):

Ground prep (approx. 60 yards of dairy compost, rototilled in everywhere.)
Drainage (Connect all downspouts and run them underground to the back)
Pre-wire for lighting (Run low voltage wire in class 200 1" pvc around all perimeters and where future lighting may be wanted)
Sprinklers (I'll design it properly, but I'm thinking 13-15 zones)
Fence (split rail fence with gates on both sides of house)
Curbing (subcontract concrete curbing, per design)
Planting (plant all trees, shrubs, flowers to design)
Barrier (Lay landscape fabric in all non-turf areas)
Mulch/Rock (Install mulch and rock per design)
Hardscapes (Install patio, walkways, waterfall, ponds, etc.)
Sod

Any thoughts? I'm not concerned with estimating prices quite yet. I'd like an outline to work off first, so he and I know what will be done, in what order.

Any suggestions/thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Lawncop26
04-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Sounds like you got it pretty much thought out, good ideas. I'd be excited too. Good luck and dont forget to post pics.