PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane or Not

Phishook
12-04-2001, 03:13 AM
Looking to buy New new for next season.

My Great Dane has been good so far(900hrs). But they don't offer a grass catcher or mulching kit that I'm aware of yet. Are they owned by J.D.?

How do they compair to the lazers or scag. How do the new spindal driven catchers work on the lazers and scags?
:dizzy:

scagman
12-04-2001, 03:23 AM
Are you talking about a wb or z-turn rider

Phishook
12-04-2001, 03:26 AM
z-turn, probably will stick arround 61"

scagman
12-04-2001, 03:36 AM
I dont know if you like scag, but they do have a z-turn rider called the turf tiger 52',61',72' comes with floating deck optional 27hp kawasaki liqiud cooled engine also optional 44 gallon grass catcher is powered by 6hp kohler auxiliary engine after initial installation catcher can be quickly removed and reinstalled in minutes without tools look up www.scag.com have them mail you a catolog

strickdad
12-04-2001, 04:14 AM
stick with the danes while the exmark is a very fine piece of equipment (we use to have 6 of them ) they have gotten real pricey, they are on top now and they know it (sales that is) we switched over to the danes a couple of years ago because the quality was there with the exmarks but they were alot less expensive... yes it is true that deere now owns dane .. ps. we are taking delevery of to new 48" chariot jrs the first week after christmas

PaulJ
12-04-2001, 09:45 AM
Another LCO here uses Accelerator aluminum mesh catchers on both his great danes. I think he has a Surfer and a Chariot. The Accelerators hang on the side of the deck like the Grass gobblers only they'er lighter. He seems to have been very happy with the catchers performance so you might give it a try.

1stclasslawns
12-04-2001, 10:09 AM
I don't know for sure but dosn't PECO make a catcher for the Danes?

Jim

Martino
12-04-2001, 11:08 AM
Peco does make collection system for Chariot. I thought that mulch kits were available, as well?

BTW, does anyone else but me think that Dane should have named his stand on mower "Chariot"? I never did see a sit-down chariot in Ben-Hur.

1stclasslawns
12-04-2001, 12:16 PM
Martino, I have thought the same thing myself!